Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Westside !!!!

Default Westside !!!!

This is my rogue/ninja/killer/trapspringer/scroll-using/tumbling/tempest toon
    Most fun toon I have ever played...(all props to Twerpp who masterminded the build).Tricked out with best gear for max effect....

6 ranger/8 rogue/2 monk...halfling KILLER
    starting stats: 12 str, 19 dex, 14 con, 12 wis, 11 int, and 8 cha

feats: dodge, weap finesse, mobility (monk),spring attack, imp crit pierce,combat expertise (monk) and I took 2 weap defense, but could also take greater two weap fighting (which i find unnecessary) , and I will be taking toughness at 18.

skills: max out umd, and rogue skills ( you still have to do rogue junk sometimes)jump is fun, blah blah u pick em

Enhancementsthese are musts, rest do what u like ) Way of the acrobat 1, Tempest 1, max rogue attack speed boost, running boost, max dex, monk wis 1 (extra ac),the monk enhancement that gives +2 dex and some attack speed (?)

Then get all the gear you can get, these numbers were built around +3 tomes on dex and wisdom minimum....

Some peeps think only one level of monk is way to go, I took second monk level for extra feat, couple hp's, and monk wis 1...but i'm sure someone smarter than me can post a good reason to go one way or another???

Level progression: rog/ran/rog/ran/mnk/rog/ran/rog/ran/rog/ran/rog/ran/rog /rog/mnk

Anyway, thats the main stuff....definitely a cool toon, at first I couldn't get into a reaver when 10 of the 12 peeps piked .... now...he doesnt get hit in pit fiend, can be main tank versus sully ( who needs intimidater), and can solo most stuff...and that's sayong alot, because im a total noob player when it comes to knowing stuff on here

If ur gonna flame me.....BE NICE about it....I didn't post this on here to brag about toon or say this guy is better than that guy, blah, blah....I did solely out of laziness in responding to the many pm's I get regarding this build and my inherent niceness in responding....now I only have to do once...YAAAAAAAA for efficiency....

In addition thanks to Khruc , his cronie milky, and Hebe (my gal) for helping me hit the ac in pic.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n.../106ackruc.jpg

Thanks for the info Obmi, you've made a lot of people (doubters included) very interested about this build in the MAX AC thread. I may have to give you an honorary induction into R.O.G.U.E.

One minor question, does this build require foot pedals?
    Shiz -Proud Officer of the Southern Tenant Farmers Union - Ghallanda
    Shizmonkey, Shizrhino, Shizchopper and other various Shizanimals and Shizappliances
    R.O.G.U.E. Proving Grounds Redux is now defunct. Check out Part Quatre

this toon is terrible!!!!!

now if you wanna roll a minimum HP warforged barbarian hafling thrower toon then look up milkey on ghallanda

sweet thx dude
    Ultimega - Ultimegus - Uggolla - Intell

Founder

Are your last four levels going to rogue to pick up Acrobat II?

Thanks for posting. Very interesting.

A little background: This guy is (at this moment anyhow) the leader in "my" ridiculous AC screen shot contest, at 106. So a few people asked him to post the build.

I really like the looks of this, and I hope others will give it a go. Personally, I'm working on a Rogue N/Paladin 2-or-3/Monk 2 that I think I'm going to continue on. Quite a few similarities, though obviously some differences.

Anyhow I think we may be at the dawn of an era where the best end-game tanks are mostly Rogue!!??
    Last edited by Thanimal; 03-04-2009 at 09:33 AM.

I was one of the ones requesting this post.

Much appreciated dude.

Default lol on the footpedals

dude, i can barely use a mouse, I can only imagine if justicar used this toon with his footpedal set-up, he might be able to get me in pvp bwahahahaha

This build is complete package (only when he remembers to put on his int goggles)..I have to admit...when he first discussed this build with me...I pulled his chain (as usual) but had no doubt he would make it into a Killah (he is secret Freddiemac of Ghallanda..he got a bank full of stimulus packages)..I would say you did...and more..what is more amazing is how he got past the character gen screen without it being a WF bard.....miracles do happen Toto/Obme et al...I say we make April 15th Westside Day!!!!!

Best endgame build....I salute you bro

PS: Im guessing a 10 starting str or 12 con instead of the 12/14 posted or 12 str 13 con..or was that your 2nd stimulus package you received?

T
    Last edited by T-Town Titan; 03-04-2009 at 12:50 PM.
    Ghallanda Server
    Asystole HeHateMeeeee
    Knuckleup Magano
    Wiff Freddieboom Fiftee

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Obmi View Post
    Some peeps think only one level of monk is way to go, I took second monk level for extra feat, couple hp's, and monk wis 1...but i'm sure someone smarter than me can post a good reason to go one way or another???
    This build is VERY similar to my rog/rgr/mnk build (I think the stats were almost identical), with the above exception.

With 1 level of monk you will end up at 13/6/1.
    With 2 levels of monk you will end up at 12/6/1.

The tradeoff: 1 monk wis, 1 feat, vs.
    +1d6 sneak, 1 rogue feat (crippling strike, imp. evasion, etc), and I think the final tier of the sneak attach enhancements (not sure, compendium down).

Quote Originally Posted by T-Town Titan View Post

PS: Im guessing a 10 starting str or 12 con instead of the 12/14 posted or 12 str 13 con..or was that your 2nd stimulus package you received?

T
    12 STR - 14 CON .. Thats what I did..

If you don't mind posting what was the AC break down? How did you get that DEX? What are your weapons you use most often? I see both rapiers and kamas. Very interesting build. Great add one more that I may want to try and level that only makes 4 or 5 now.

Default ummm

weapons used on this guy mostly in no particular orded...
    set of smiting rapiers, set of banishing rapiers, +2/+4 wop rapiers, transmuting greater evil outsider bane light pick, dual lightning strike kamas, radiance rapier, mineral 2 rapier, lightning strike light pick, dual vorp kamas, set of weak of enfeeble rapiers, wop bow and weak/enfeb bow, usual junk...

only thing about the dex interesting is the +3 dex pot that khruc scrounged up for me, but only good for a pic in my opinion...

i definitely spent some time getting gear for this fellow which obviously helps a tad...

Quote Originally Posted by Khroc View Post
    12 STR - 14 CON .. Thats what I did..
    Nevermind..I forgot that he obtained a 32pt build mod 7..muh bad
    Ghallanda Server
    Asystole HeHateMeeeee
    Knuckleup Magano
    Wiff Freddieboom Fiftee

Default t-town

glad you are not my IRS auditer....

Quote Originally Posted by Obmi View Post
    glad you are not my IRS auditer....
    Would you prefer Steve or Michelle this time?
    Ghallanda Server
    Asystole HeHateMeeeee
    Knuckleup Magano
    Wiff Freddieboom Fiftee

What's the breakdown on the dex?

19 start
    4 levels
    3 tome
    6 item
    4 shroud item
    3 potion

Where does the rest come from?
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearle Harbor?

missing 5 for enhancements, so thats 44
    Pek Pickler - Rogue 10/ Fighter 2
    Laviathin - Ranger 14
    Georrge Thoroughgood - 9 Fighter / 2 Paladin
    Dux Femina Facti - 11 Paladin
    Hava Hela'tym - 14 Fighter
    Breakindown Alda'tym - 7 fighter/6 rogue/1 wizard

The rest of the dex comes from windstance and the thief acrobat showtime boost.

Ah, you think I"d remember enhancements after playing the game for almost three years. Still probably would have missed wind stance and acrobat though.

Thx
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearle Harbor?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast