Unhappy CITW - ENormal - 12 man, 6 chests - 0 named loot...

The epitome of complete and udder chest fails happened tonight on a Normal CITW run.

6 chests, opened by 12 people, zero weapons, zero comms. Basically wasted an hour for 30k experience.

Please oh please, redo the chests for CITW to match those of FoT. An absolute skunking should never happen. We had a lot of really mad people tonight.

Why does this terrible system persist?

Community Member

Gratz! This is your first post!

Yay first post. Finally had a reason for it. Oh and I took 3 years off =)

Still - it happened.

Community Member

If it makes you feel any better, I ran CitW on normal earlier today, and saw a total of 1 named item and 1 commendation drop. Pretty much just confirmed my prior opinion that CitW isn't worth the time or effort to log in, yet alone run.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, I ran CitW on normal earlier today, and saw a total of 1 named item and 1 commendation drop. Pretty much just confirmed my prior opinion that CitW isn't worth the time or effort to log in, yet alone run.
    I don't know.. Personally, I've run CITW about 30 times between my 2 main toons, and other than my second Celestia for my monk(I really suck at rolling for stuff. ;p) and a few more coms, I've pulled everything I've wanted/needed. Pinionx2, Antipodex2, CelestiaX3, And the staff. Whatever it's called.

Either I've been stupidly lucky, or the drop rates are fine.

Seems to be better than my 200+ runs on my main of Reaver's Fate for boots, and still not getting them.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life10/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin, 2xMonk
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Quote Originally Posted by Citair View Post
    The epitome of complete and udder chest fails happened tonight on a Normal CITW run.

6 chests, opened by 12 people, zero weapons, zero comms. Basically wasted an hour for 30k experience.

Please oh please, redo the chests for CITW to match those of FoT. An absolute skunking should never happen. We had a lot of really mad people tonight.

Why does this terrible system persist?
    Nothing new to me...
    And since U17/U17.1 it seems more usual.

what do you expect from epic normal? loot and commendation for everyone?
    if so, then eh should have double %? and elite triple?
    imho en is only for completion(and to lose bb for next life lol)
    however i looted antipode march 19-20, nothing more in the raid
    3 days later i looted balizarde, nothing more in the raid

they should check the loot to give some guarantees: EN NEVER could drop the same amount than EH, easy
    and some guarantees like "0-1 items EN" and then 2-3 EH, 4-5 EE, counting all raid

but that would have several checks and a pre-assignation before checking chest (so you may know there's an item awaiting for you in the chest w/o checking it)

but that would make it too easy, the loot is ok, simply there's a % for weapons and comms

with Fot should do the same, can't be easier and with better % (at least can be soloed at EE)
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Item drop rate in citw,from the beginning was quite random,in any difficulty.
    I have over 70 completions,and i've seen runs in normal with 4-5 items and many runs in hard with 0 items,for example.
    The only thing that has changed is the commendation drop rate,it was random too but now it is fixed.
    But since fot came out you don't usually run citw for the commendations,just for the weapons.
    Imo,the weapon drop rate is quite good,you shouldn't expect to run a raid a few times and get what you need,i actually had my first celestia in the 20th completion list.
    But i still don't like the favor part of the upgrades,375 to reach,when you have 8 toons is something tiring.

Default Feel your pain

and yet I have also seen quite a few total skunks across perhaps 120 completions. That should be expected given the sample size, and I'd say it was about 50% normal, 30% hard, 20% elite (I haven't seen most people bother with elite on Sarlona, and when they do, it's often not even a full party).

For those that said that they've had an abundance of drops--good for you, but I think everyone in their tenure on DDO has had moments when they've really felt frustrated with the loot mechanics of the game. The more you play, the more often you'll notice there are some statistics that you just can't force, particularly in areas like desert epic items.

That said, this unpredictability will always be the case (unless they introduce some P2W astral shard raid loot purchasing, which for some reason doesn't seem implausible nowadays, cough) and you just kind of have to accept it and enjoy the many other cool aspects of the game.
    Character Compendium

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Citair View Post
    News flash for you. You can get skunked (minus the coms) in FoT also. And I'm not talking bugged chest.

Hell, I've lost track of the number of skunk runs in raids across the board I've seen.