Thread: 12pal/6rgr/2mnk

Community Member

Default 12pal/6rgr/2mnk

elf twf kopesh light armor build

feats: toughness, power attack, cleave, great cleave, otwf, kopesh, imp crit slash, force of personality

not sure what to take for the last feat. any suggestions?

Are you set on Elf? Human would be a better choice because of the free feat and healing amp, more con etc
    -may be better off using racial boosted scimitars.

I do not believe that you will need FoP as your saves will be very good thanks to divine grace.

OTWF is not really needed, precision may be a better option.

No GTwF?
    No tempest or AA pre-req feats?

What do you want your build to be able to do? (Self sufficient melee, just dps flavour etc)
    - Proud co-founder of the Dragonspire Legion -
    Souldout (Completionist Life 2), Diamese(TR), Darkfey, Darkwai(TR), Darkriff, Shayris, Shayrn, Tekron, & more semi-retired mules

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

More details: what's the intent of this build? Why elf? Why rgr 6 but no Tempest or AA? Why pal 12 / rgr 6 rather than rgr 12 / pal 6? Where's GTWF? Why OTWF?

Oh, and the answer to your question is: 42.

I have a build very similar to this parked at level 14. Parked because it's pretty lackluster

If you still want to do this, though, I'd go Drow with rapiers. IC:Pierce. Drop FoP and OTWF, take Tempest I if you have the feats after getting GTWF and the OC line. If you can't get Tempest I, I'd just switch to Ftr 6 and Kensei I.
    Vailun, Level 6 Paladin/6 Ranger/2 Monk (Gimped/Semi-retired) || Syrtho, Level 16 Pale Master || Vologrith, Level 17 Monk || Vistentelas, Level 11 Favored Soul || Veryon, Level 5 Artificer || Katakira, Level 2 Monk/1 Fighter/1 Wizard |

Community Member

otwf for the kopeshes. 6 rgr for the manyshot/bow str, gtwf, diehard and ram's might. i could switch out the fop and otwf and go for the arcane archer line. i'm not going tempest b/c a shield clicky takes care of most of that bonus.
    Last edited by donutjones; 04-03-2013 at 12:45 PM.

You don't go Tempest I for the bonus AC, you do it for the +10% offhand proc. Unfortunately, this is naturally a feat-constrained build and Tempest I isn't as good as it used to be.

I'm still not clear on what you want out of pally 12. Are you going for the past life, or what?

I have a very similar build and i love it. I actually went 2 rogue for the umd haste boost sneak attack dmg and 30%boost to scrolls amd wands. The reason for 12 pally is i like dos 2, ds 2, resistance of good 3 xtra smites xtra loh dm2. For me ranger is a very frontloaded class that offers a bunch until 6 and not a whole bunch else.you will def want gtwf as twf is useless without it. Fop is def worth it as will save will be the one save you will be slightly weak at but with fop it will be very strong.right now at level 16 8pally/ 6 ranger / 2 rogue my saves 45/42/42. No need for fomcuz you wont be danced held or commanded.i play as 2wf and range out of neccisity but when you need it manyshot is nice to have. Dps is solid not great but you are literallg indestructable with evasion loh for heavy traffic fighting, and massive umd for heal scrolls that hit for around 250.you will never feel the pain of a caster or trap i assure you.

Sketchy Adventurer aradelothion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donutjones View Post
    otwf for the kopeshes. 6 rgr for the manyshot/bow str, gtwf, diehard and ram's might. i could switch out the fop and otwf and go for the arcane archer line. i'm not going tempest b/c a shield clicky takes care of most of that bonus.
    6 Ranger only gives you ITWF. As somebody also mentioned, Tempest I's appeal lies in the +10% offhand proc, bringing your proc rate to 90% (assuming you took GTWF). Tempest II would bring that to 100%.
    Asmodeux | Carollous Magnus | Angeleus Dei | Solkanaar | Damodarius
    P I N O Y
    In my world, everyone's a pony, and we all eat rainbows and pewp butterfiles... of death.

Quote Originally Posted by count_spicoli View Post
    For me ranger is a very frontloaded class that offers a bunch until 6 and not a whole bunch else.
    Whereas to me, paladin is even more front-loaded; or perhaps I should say the better pally abilities show up after lvl 12 (i.e., lvl 4 spells like Zeal, Divine Might III, tier-3 PrE, etc.). So I prefer either pal 6 or 18 as stopping points; maybe 15 if you're doing some oddball non-DoS build.

Rgr 7-12 provides a third FE, two more feats, and lvl 2 & 3 spells; Tempest II also provides another +10% offhand proc (100% total).

Tempest is just too feat heavy for the investment. With tbis build feats will be tough. For the kind of saves i am trying to achieve the xtra saves from dos and resistance of good really help. Plus you will have only 2crappy lohs with 6 pally where as i will have 5 strong loh. Plus the 4 to str amd con as well as +15%hp is nice. Plus on them end another pally pastlife is alwayuseful

I will miss zeal tho but 6 ranger was needed for manyshot amd 2 rogue was non negotiable.

Default TWF Paladin option

As others have mentioned it's a good idea to go further than 12 if you're planning on building a TWF paladin. Zeal at 14, Exalted Smite III at 14, and Divine Might III at 15 are really good. Shameless plug for my 15 paladin / 3 ranger / 2 monk build which gets you Overwhelming crit, Manyshot, Improved crit ranged, and all the melee treats. It also gets you the diehard feat from ranger 3 if you're set on taking DoS II.

I agree that if you're set on elf you should drop khops in favor of racial scimitars.
    Crab's Character Emporium (My build index)
    *** Who's in the what now? ***