Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeebaNeighba View Post
    For that build I would assume trying to shield block and live as long as possible would be hard, not being able to use heal scrolls or spells with bees, healing curse, I'm not sure if you get ki anyway if your attacks do 0 damage...
    SF pots work

Community Member

Wow. Just wow.

Community Member
    At Turbine HQ suggesting what to nerf next.

Quote Originally Posted by Keybreaker View Post
    Endgame players rarely worry about "leveling progress" and instead focus on max level stats. Race, class-split, alignment, etc. are chosen for level 25 performance. The most important thing about level progression is maximizing needed skills and fitting in all needed feats (class bonus feats, metamagic feats, etc. sometimes only fit in a peculiar leveling order).

Completionists (those that are the "best" at TR'ing) are often terrible endgame raiders, and conversely, uber endgame raiders often are terrible at TR'ing/leveling.

All this may seem like constructive advice, but it's actually an elaborate buildup to this question:

If Shataan is such an uber endgamer, how absolutely terrible level'er must he be?

(Really, really terrible!)
    Hey now! I know a few players that can tr and raid!!! They just did their tr'ing before Turbine decided to pass out all the xp goodies and make a double tr an 8 hour cakewalk.
    Teth - Revenants

Babysittin Francine so he dont die 24/7. I used to be good at this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Keybreaker View Post
    Endgame players rarely worry about "leveling progress" and instead focus on max level stats. Race, class-split, alignment, etc. are chosen for level 25 performance. The most important thing about level progression is maximizing needed skills and fitting in all needed feats (class bonus feats, metamagic feats, etc. sometimes only fit in a peculiar leveling order).

Completionists (those that are the "best" at TR'ing) are often terrible endgame raiders, and conversely, uber endgame raiders often are terrible at TR'ing/leveling.

All this may seem like constructive advice, but it's actually an elaborate buildup to this question:

If Shataan is such an uber endgamer, how absolutely terrible level'er must he be?

(Really, really terrible!)
    well is true i guess for some ..but most completionists i have run with r very good at end game aswell ...
    Officer of Eternal Infinity-Thelanis
    ~~~Visit it if interested for recruiting~~~EE Solos And More (Photo Album)~~~EE Soloing Pale Master (Forums)~~~
    Characters active atm .. Shadowaras (Completionist. Project/fs),Shadowaris(Wiz),Shadowares(Pal),Sworrn (Ftr),Nemmesis(Mnk) and Trickzster(Art)

Argh, I'll go hide in the corner and cry. Awesome job Shaatan. Sadly, we all know some people will come demanding AA nerfs, because we all know that since one person can do this, that class split / build / similar ones are definitely OP!

Regarding the completionist, I've seen people who are one, suck at endgame AND at leveling! Go figure
    Obviously the exact opposite is probably more common
    Quadrovault | Quadrotune | Hyperyon

Quote Originally Posted by Shaatan View Post
    Yeah, I have to admit that I suck at TRing and everything that Key said is right lol.
    Have to wait a while before I can +1 you.
    Such self-knowledge deserves reward in this day and age!
    No longer reading the Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    Hey now! I know a few players that can tr and raid!!! They just did their tr'ing before Turbine decided to pass out all the xp goodies and make a double tr an 8 hour cakewalk.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoloPhalanx View Post
    Regarding the completionist, I've seen people who are one, suck at endgame AND at leveling! Go figure
    Obviously the exact opposite is probably more common
    LOL, before anyone takes my comment too seriously, it's a bit of an inside joke. Obviously there are exceptions both ways, but they require distinct, and only a little overlapping, skillsets and mindsets. One should not assume extraordinary competence in one naturally imply the same great performance in the other.
    Keybreaker, Leader of Over Raided (Orien)

Community Member

Nice work.

But makes me wonder ... would all this be possible if AAs did not get infinite ammo? Go and do with real, non returning arrows next time, haha XD.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Benfe23 View Post
    Nice work.

But makes me wonder ... would all this be possible if AAs did not get infinite ammo? Go and do with real, non returning arrows next time, haha XD.
    Hmm... theoritically I could just have an inventory page full of quivers with a couple thousands of arrows in each of them, so it should be possible. The other thing is that swapping quivers/arrows while kiting those big guys would probably be a big pain lol.

Community Member

Hmm... theoritically I could just have an inventory page full of quivers with a couple thousands of arrows in each of them, so it should be possible. The other thing is that swapping quivers/arrows while kiting those big guys would probably be a big pain lol.
    Yeah no kidding, it would sort of resemble drinking pots on a caster I guess of which you cant really get an unlimited amount (we all have limited bank accounts I assumeI). But yeah overall point was that for super long soloes with no shrines at all AA is a very convenient choice because of the unlimited ammo, which is nice. (I am not trying to disparage your achievement btw, so dont get me wrong XD)

So basically, if u do again with real arrows, ull get twice the respect from me Should be fun, but dont be obligated to do so :P

SF pots work
    Oh yeah good point.

I take it back, no need to do HoX Use your saved 20 minutes wisely.
    Just a quiver of alacrity filled with 1500 regular arrows, 1500 +3 arrows, and 1500 cold iron arrows (basically, any 3 different types so they can all go in the quiver), 100 arrows loaded, and an inventory page of arrows is 6600 without having to manually reload at all. Seems like a lot to me, but then again I can easily pop off a thousand silver arrows in a full party ToD while also solo healing it, so...

I feel obligated to Congratulate you at least once for all your achievements, one and all are great.
    I've been reading em from time to time, and been too lazy to comment, but heck, once i NEED to do it.

Gratz mate on your achievements.
    QuickBenqb 3*wiz/3*sorc/3*fvs/bard/pala/barb/fgr/rgr/rog/mnk/clr/drd/art/Wiz (current)
    Yil 3*Rngr/4*Fgr/3*Pala/3*Brd/3*Brb/3*Drd/3*Mnk/3*Clr/3*Fvs/3*Wiz/3*Sorc/3*Art/3*Rog/Monk (current)
    Bankrupt FvS lvl 20 (TR1) Krupppe lvl 25 something (TR3)
    ~Arise~

Exclamation

Every time I see Shaatan Standing around I take a Screen shot!
    If only there was a DDO way to get an Autograph!
    (although I actually have more SS of Key... when it comes to collecting Over Raided.)
    No longer reading the Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Codect View Post
    You can still see the thread with a bit of webfu. I checked it out because I was curious, you can't see the giant of lies from the safespot so unless you have a plan for grabbing his aggro somehow then I don't think it's actually possible to complete from the safespot. It's not exactly safe either, the giant of silence can still throw rocks at you when you aggro him... 100-150 damage every few seconds.
    I know there are at least 4 safe spots. Until they're all checked I'm not sure that this is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by fork_aka_spoon View Post
    why haven't 500 other people solo'd this then?
    Most people don't brag about exploiting, since it makes it a lot easier to catch them.

Quote Originally Posted by fork_aka_spoon View Post
    why haven't 500 other people solo'd this then?
    1 thing is to solo it, and another is to post it

it's like the guy who posted the safe spot

or the guy who posted the shears

1 thing is when you do it, another is when you post it
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Community Member

Misadventure OP

If you think that I cheated in any way to get any of my achievments done, report me. If you are right, I ll be banned and your problem will be solved. Thank you.
    Not really.

If he reports all the players better than him and gets them all banned, the game will probably only last a couple more days before it's out of business...

Community Member

Looks like you are one of those who know better how a quest was done than the person who actually did it. Psycho indeed and also a telepath.
    Gotta love this mentality of:
    *If someone is worse than me, he's a noob*
    *If someone is better than me, he's a no lifer*
    *If someone is better than me and I think I'm the best, he's clearly a cheater*

There is no point in defending myself because anyone can just come and say that he knows about some exploit and this must ve been done this way, because he cant do it normal way himself and his great grandmother was a gypsy fortune teller, so he clearly saw me using that I was exploiting in his prophetic dream.

If you think that I cheated in any way to get any of my achievments done, report me. If you are right, I ll be banned and your problem will be solved. Thank you.
    should just tell them if it's so easy to go do it themselves :P should be easy, right?
    Orien server: Forking, Completionist, life 21 of ???

Community Member

Gz on achievement.

I read that some people talked about some " safe spots " : did you use it and and can you explain it ? Or did you kite all the drags/giants... since start ?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by grohgredin View Post
    Gz on achievement.

I read that some people talked about some " safe spots " : did you use it and and can you explain it ? Or did you kite all the drags/giants... since start ?
    Can't explain the safe spot on forums. Fight Club

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast