Default Random Artificer Solo Stuffs

Inspired by some thread I read a while back where a person whose name I've since forgotten claimed that non-warforged artificers are sub-optimal in epic elite, and another thread where people claimed that artificers are underpowered because no one's posting their artificer solo accomplishments, I decided to go solo stuff on my sub-optimal, under-powered artificer. Okay, I wasn't really inspired by that stuff, but for the most part the ee stuff I've soloed hasn't been anything I've felt to be note-worthy. But I did start taking more screenshots after reading said threads, and may as well post a few so no one else can claim artificers can't solo...wait, did anyone ever claim that or did I imagine it?

Anyway...

Epic Elite Return to Gianthold Tor

Not exceedingly hard, though the first part was fun. Yes, I pulled the last boss back to the corridor, mostly so I wouldn't have to switch boots because of stupid dispelling skeletons with really random hard to predict leashes while dodging his disintegrates. Brought people in for the dragons, not so much because I didn't think I could solo them, but because I didn't think it worth the effort with my awful, awful loot luck...may go back and do those at some point. As to how I have two Shiradi stances at once? Well, the old bugs STILL aren't fully fixed (they've tried what, three or four times now?), and it can happen in a few fringe cases (I've since learned how to make it happen and bugged it, but cheating is wrong). I doubt anyone could argue that having Stay Frosty on in epic elite Tor would do anything meaningful for me beyond making it go a minute or two faster overall.

Epic Elite Maze of Madness

Did this one legit using the dog, because my Mario skills are weak, hence the silly-high traps disabled count. Probably added a decent chunk to my time. End fight posed all of zero threat, since the best he could cast was Burning Blood (that spell in epic elites is surprisingly dangerous).

Epic Elite Trial By Fire

Took longer than I wanted because I kept having to go afk for real life things. This boss was harder than the one in Maze because of Symbol of Stunning, but still not horrible. Brought in looters at the end, as I usually do, since my loot luck is awful.

Epic Elite Cry for Help

Relatively easy. One death because I got massively overconfident against the first red named and then rolled low on Hold Monster at a very very bad time. Had the dog as a safety net and went back to the shrine to raise...could have done it easily with no deaths had I healed earlier or simply used some kind of FoM thing. I'll get back to this quest eventually.

Edit: Re-done, faster, death-free and with much, MUCH worse loot. One thing off the to-do list.

Epic Elite Return to Cabal for One

I really should have disabled the traps, but for some reason I didn't, which made things hilariously complicated. The end fight took me fifteen minutes of awful, awful kiting and this whole quest cost me somewhere near 75 heal scrolls. The one death was from the red named conspirator who casts Flesh to Stone: since I knew I'd roll low on that eventually, I had the foresight to pull him and all the junk he spawns with close enough to the shrine that I could rez afterwards. Flesh to Stone, right up there with Feeblemind on the list of stuff that sticks it to soloers. No, I will not be doing this again, it was awful and I hated it. As to the quest not being complete, since this one ends when you use the relic rather than when you kill the boss, I gave my looters the favor and XP on top of the free chest...I think it's reasonably well shown that I'm in the boss room, the boss is dead and I have the relic targetted though. Took about an hour, in case anyone cares.

Epic Elite Battle for Eveningstar

Somehow the second screenshot got lost somewhere, so I guess I'll have to do a cleaner run later. I had a really epic fail sort of death in this one, not in the end fight (which went hilariously smooth and was where I expected to fail miserably), but in the necromancer fight where I kept heal scrolling the undead trash instead of myself and being beaten to death. Fortunately, that fight is right next to the shrine, though I'll re-do this one death-free at some point. And yes, as my chat box shows, I felt greatly vindicated when I killed that stupid end boss with her apparently endless HP. It was a fun quest, but I was glad to be done with it.

I'll probably add more stuff as I find pictures or figure out new, interesting solos...not stuff like Impossible Demands, but quests that are actually fun (okay, I guess that means TBF should be taken down too, but I have the picture already!). Incidentally, I am taking requests, though bear in mind that my artificer is pure (no evasion...except in water, I guess), and made of soft, delicate flesh so can't use quickened heals on herself...also she doesn't have quicken.
    Last edited by Aurora72; 03-28-2013 at 11:30 PM.
    Minari (I think she's a druid now...)
    Assorted alt characters of little note. For now...
    Now with forum access! (Yay?)

Well if you're truly taking requests I'd like to nominate - Crucible!

Great work!

Have you tried Construct Essence for the self healing, and if so, how did it work for you?
    -=]ArchAngels[=-

Quote Originally Posted by binnsr View Post
    Have you tried Construct Essence for the self healing, and if so, how did it work for you?
    Construct essence isn't worth it in my opinion: artificers are tight with enhancements as-is, and without enhancements your recon will be hitting you for about half of what a heal scroll does, at the cost of a fairly big hit to positive energy healing. I've never had a situation where a quickened 150 point recon would have made a meaningful difference, or especially not more of a difference than a 340 point heal scroll without quicken: especially while soloing epic elite, the magnitude of the heal matters a lot more than it being uninterruptable since mobs hit for more per swing than an unenhanced reconstruct will heal for. Of course arguing that Construct Essence is "bad" or "a trap" would turn this into an argument that I don't care to have...but I found that it wasn't overly useful for the way I play.

Gratz. Personally I find a cocoon alot better than recon anyway. I ve recently started using tensors 24/7 for the hp boost, and cocoon doesn't get it's cooldown doubled. I ve found my heal scroll usage go to 0-1 in even the toughest elites since loading it. I use it more to clear stat damage than anything else. Biggest trouble I run across is deciding when to bother with FoM.
    Shadowsteel [TR train wreck]

In addition to updating the Cry for Help completion in the first post to a more flawless (and faster!) one, and deciding that I WILL in fact go back and do a flawless Cabal for One at some point (after I get through my longer than you'd think requests list...incidentally, Crucible SHOULD be up next, though I'd like to do a bit more prep before I actually go do epic elite so as to not drive myself more insane than I already am), I also went out and ran one new quest, which took way longer than I wanted, but whatever...

Epic Elite Thorn and Paw

No one remembers these quests any more. This one was actually pretty hard, though maybe 60% of that difficulty was due to bursts of stop-motion lag. My one death was, yet again, not in the super-crazy end fight (which went really smoothly, though seriously damaged my sanity because that bear just WILL NOT die), but to a burst of lag on the way to the end fight, which got me mauled by a dire bear (those bears are hard to kite as-is, being faster than me and all...but when I ended up hanging in the air for around 3 seconds, that was the end of that). Fortunately, the shrine is right there in that center room, and, not wanting to waste the 35 or so minutes I'd already invested, I just went with it. I'd like to say I'll do a cleaner one in the future, but I don't know...that end fight is horrible, and I don't mean difficult, I just mean...how much HP does that bear have?!

Took a grand total of about an hour and 15 minutes, including 10 minutes of afk time and maybe 3-5 minutes of first arguing with friends and then LFMing to try and get looters (I never did get my looters, either). Screenshot doesn't show the quest as completed, but as with Cabal I'm at the end, past the barrier that won't come down until you kill the Den Mother and break the last nodule, and I'm not being mauled by bears, so one can assume I've completed the entirety of the super-crazy, bear-filled end fight.

Default +1

Sarlona? Great job.
    Character Compendium

Yes, I'm on Sarlona if that was the question...and thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Well if you're truly taking requests I'd like to nominate - Crucible!
    Request granted:

Epic Elite Crucible

Really, really tedious. Yes, I died twice (curse you cometfall!), but was close enough to a shrine to rez both times (the second time was actually trying to recover from the first) and after having done most of the quest I refused to restart. I really wanted to do a flawless one, but between the maze, the swim and the 300k HP worth of tedious end fight, I also never want to run this again. Is a completion like this good enough?

And again, the quest isn't completed, but I'm at the end waiting to give looters XP and favor (one of my looters got 60K XP out of it, somehow). According to the timer in the LFM thing, it took me 100 minutes (the XP sheet said something silly like 20 minutes...the end fight alone took close to that), so wasn't a very productive use of my time. But let no one claim I can't solo Crucible...sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora72 View Post
    I really wanted to do a flawless one, but between the maze, the swim and the 300k HP worth of tedious end fight, I also never want to run this again. Is a completion like this good enough?
    Good ENOUGH?

In my opinion it's bleedin' INCREDIBLE!

For ANYONE!

+1 and my hat's off to you for actually doing this.

Grats !
    Hexxa CLR 25 *TR* * ~Hexanna ~*TR* FVS 25 * Hexecuter CLR 20 *Flexanna RGR/R/M 18/1/1 *TR* * Flexa FTR/R 18/2 TR * Hextravaganz Bard *TR* 18/2 * Hexotic Sorc 13 * Hexquisite Wiz 23 * ~~Quantum Entropy * SARLONA~~ - * and various other scoundrels

Congratulations Dizzii.
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

New stuff:

Epic Elite Outbreak

I remembered this quest being pretty hard...but this time it wasn't. I was sad. Took about 30 minutes including a short afk, and no loot worth note dropped. It did however take me four attempts at the quest (at about 3 minutes each) before I could actually fight the first boss, as he kept falling through the floor the second he spawned.

Epic Elite Druid's Curse

Other than the end fight, this was as easy as Outbreak. End fight was lots of fun though, what with the trash spawning and having to dodge earthquakes. One death due to not dodging earthquake quite fast enough...and when you get earthquaked by the end boss in epic elite Druid's Curse, you apparently stay earthquaked, even if you save...repeatedly. Dog saved me, shrine's right outside the last room, tried again. Didn't die horribly the second time. Again, no loot dropped. Chests hate me.

Edit: Re-done, faster and death-free. Better loot too, if you can call a Swailing Blade "loot". Less fun the second time though.

Epic Elite Don't Drink the Water

Easy, but tedious. Oh, except the end fight...for lack of a d-door scroll, hilarity ensued. Shockingly, I didn't die for once. Run run run around in haphazard circles! Brought looters at the end...one scale total dropped. Why do people run this on elite again?

The next thing up on my requests list is Reclaiming the Rift, after that I'm again taking requests, if anyone has any fun ideas for me to try. No, "do Crucible again, but without deaths" or "do Crucible again, but in half the time" do not count. No more Crucible, ever again!
    Last edited by Aurora72; 04-03-2013 at 10:25 PM.

In my continuing effort to dispense with my remaining requests, I have one new thing to add:

Epic Elite Reclaiming the Rift

I decided before I even entered the quest that I'd much rather try and fail to do it legitimately than use any sort of convoluted pulling strategies and spending an hour or more to get to the end boss, only to die fighting him because I broke my wrist along the way, so I fought everything in the middle, with blade barriers, displacement and faith.

First few waves were really easy, bebelith was just a huge sack of HP that managed to hit me a total of maybe five times. The waves with casters got progressively harder, and I had to shrine before the draegloth waves started (which I accomplished by dancing the last dretch in one of the waves). Fed the dog to the portal repeatedly, since he's no good in a fight and I'm no good with 50 HP.

All three deaths were in the final wave (either the boss has true seeing or he's really really lucky), where the combination of mobs meant any sort of trip (and they ALL trip!) meant instant death. Killed the two casters, died, raised myself with the shrine (it's right there), immediately died again as boss was right next to shrine, repeat, slowly recover, buff self, kill driders. Without the driders, the rest of the fight was really easy. Just ran stuff through blade barrier and shot stuff with crossbow. This boss did not have as much HP as certain other bosses, so wasn't horrible.

I am now out of requests. If anyone has a new request, tell me and I'll try it. Or maybe I won't. Re-doing quests I've done, but doing a better job doesn't count, I'll get to those on my own. Or maybe I won't, who knows.

Very well done!

I love arties and am glad to see you solo these - an inspiration to us

I have a request: any of the Underdark House quests. I'm having some difficulty soloing the House of Death Undone, but will try again today.

And a question: what ED are you in? I've twisted boulder toss, healing cocoon, and extra action boosts. When I want high dps, I go Fury. I'm trying out Shiradi for soloing b/c of the CCs.