Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thank you, everyone. Due to this thread, we've confirmed that the issue that was occurring in the Fall of Truth and many old raids has been conclusively fixed.

We've also uncovered and successfully reproduced a different issue with one specific raid, The Reaver's Fate, where a Jewel of Fortune or a Loot Bonus Weekend can cause you to get no treasure. This only affects that raid, and no others. This issue will be fixed in Update 18.

Time Bandit
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    We've also uncovered and successfully reproduced a different issue with one specific raid, The Reaver's Fate, where a Jewel of Fortune or a Loot Bonus Weekend can cause you to get no treasure.
    ... or alternatively, a Wand of Magic Missiles lvl 1, 12 charges on your 20th run

(would have bugged it at the time, but Codemasters customers had no bug reporting rights)

Still, glad to hear that one's being fixed at last -- completely turned me off that particular raid...

Smile

Thank you, everyone. Due to this thread, we've confirmed that the issue that was occurring in the Fall of Truth and many old raids has been conclusively fixed.

We've also uncovered and successfully reproduced a different issue with one specific raid, The Reaver's Fate, where a Jewel of Fortune or a Loot Bonus Weekend can cause you to get no treasure. This only affects that raid, and no others. This issue will be fixed in Update 18.
    Many piles of gold wished your way!

2014 DDO Players Council

We've also uncovered and successfully reproduced a different issue with one specific raid, The Reaver's Fate, where a Jewel of Fortune or a Loot Bonus Weekend can cause you to get no treasure.
    I ran into that bug as well, and our whole party got nothing from the Reaver's raid chest.

I opened a ticket, and...the GM mailed me...a Jewel of Fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    I ran into that bug as well, and our whole party got nothing from the Reaver's raid chest.

This is SOME FUNNY.

We broke your chest with loot table shennanigans, so here 's a free item that will make-sure you remain broken!

Thank you for your engagement, your communication, and most importantly... the fix.
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

Community Member

This may be related.
    Can you please verify that the chest was completely empty? No gold, gems, anything at all?

Thanks.
    yes i can verify that it had no loot at all, no gold, no plat, no gems, no renown, no anything at all for anyone in the raid.
    Last edited by Protasious; 03-25-2013 at 07:42 PM. Reason: typo

STOPPPPPP! You keep this kinda stuff up and I won't have anything to complain about and will have to buy a bundle of points... just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    My favorite part is that I built my main melee with evasion and a high reflex save, giving up DPS and hps, and other trade-offs.

Then finally, a raid comes out where my guy really should shine for once, and you debuff my reflex save so I'm just a as flat-footed as that pure barbarian meat-bag next to me, but with less DPS.

Hurray.

But, to answer your question, I haven't seen anyone complain about an empty chest in FoT since the update.
    Odd comparison, given the lightning attack is considered a trap, thus Barbarians have the highest base reflex bonus versus it of any class except only rogues.

If you wanted to contrast classes with low reflex, Fighters, Artificers, Sorcerers, Wizards, Clerics and Druids are all far better candidates.

I actually pretty much always make my reflex save on my barbarian when I tank the reaver, as I wear an ion stone and the base dc is pretty low (25ish on EH), least tell it runs out anyways (though I carry several other spell absorp items i can swap should the need arise).

To be clear: if a 12 man raid party does Reavers Fate, and the person who opens the chest has a loot gem active, you get nothing from the chest?

Or is it: if a 12 man raid party does Reavers Fate and ANYONE in the group has a loot gem active, you will receive nothing from the chest?

Quote Originally Posted by Battlehawke View Post
    Anyone seen any named items drop on recent completions? I have not. None for the whole party. Only completed twice though......
    Yes was in a EH on my monk and 3 of the bone club things drop, a few comms. I've seen bracers, boots etc..
    * * * Koneka * * *
    --- Lunarko ------------------ Koneka ------------------ Lunako ---

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post

Heh heh heh, and people says the GMs do nothing. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Odd comparison, given the lightning attack is considered a trap, thus Barbarians have the highest base reflex bonus versus it of any class except only rogues.

If you wanted to contrast classes with low reflex, Fighters, Artificers, Sorcerers, Wizards, Clerics and Druids are all far better candidates.

I actually pretty much always make my reflex save on my barbarian when I tank the reaver, as I wear an ion stone and the base dc is pretty low (25ish on EH), least tell it runs out anyways (though I carry several other spell absorp items i can swap should the need arise).
    Proof that no one can mention the word "Barbarian" on the forums without Shade tracking them down and saying his piece .

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kadran View Post
    To be clear: if a 12 man raid party does Reavers Fate, and the person who opens the chest has a loot gem active, you get nothing from the chest?

Or is it: if a 12 man raid party does Reavers Fate and ANYONE in the group has a loot gem active, you will receive nothing from the chest?
    Neither.

When a server-wide loot bonus is in effect, the entire party might suffer, however loot gems only influence the loot of the person using the gem.

Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post
    Proof that no one can mention the word "Barbarian" on the forums without Shade tracking them down and saying his piece .
    ... and then apparently confusing absorption with making a save.
    Brenna / Tzanna, The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent on Argo
    "As the party's resident trap expert ..." <dies with smug yet surprised expression on face>

Thanks.
    /Nancy

NancyPDoyle, Dubitable, Bluer, Perisher, NPD, OttoAttack, and others, all on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    My favorite part is that I built my main melee with evasion and a high reflex save, giving up DPS and hps, and other trade-offs.

Then finally, a raid comes out where my guy really should shine for once, and you debuff my reflex save so I'm just a as flat-footed as that pure barbarian meat-bag next to me, but with less DPS.

Hurray.

But, to answer your question, I haven't seen anyone complain about an empty chest in FoT since the update.
    I feel this way also.

I built my Cleric as a 18CLR/2PLD and I went out of my way for saves and PRR and stuff like that.

I even rock a Triple Electric GreenSteel Stick and a Ring of the Djinn...and I can still be one-shotted...
    Bacab Warforged 18 Arty (Active) Hjealer Dwarven Battle Cleric 10CLR/1FTR
    Atropine Human 11 WIZ/1ROG (Active)
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Bacab View Post
    I feel this way also.

I built my Cleric as a 18CLR/2PLD and I went out of my way for saves and PRR and stuff like that.

I even rock a Triple Electric GreenSteel Stick and a Ring of the Djinn...and I can still be one-shotted...
    Try twist for Magister's 60 stacking resistance and Shiradi 15% absorption (which I presume should stack with absorption items).
    I was wondering if with triple elec abs GS + ring of Djinn + 60 stacking res + 15% abs more would minimize the damage enough to make it tolerable.
    ALL HAIL TO ITS SQUISHY-MAJESTY SIR KNORR, LORD OF OOZES AND MASTER OF SLIME
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=386688

Unrelated, and not actually a bug so much as a poor design decision made years ago when setting up old raids. Thank you though!
    Wow, I actually find myself respecting that admission.

I wish we saw more of these kinds of admission on subjects that are more obvious than this one.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyfella View Post
    Wow, I actually find myself respecting that admission.

I wish we saw more of these kinds of admission on subjects that are more obvious than this one.
    Worlds of difference between "That guy? Who's no longer here? He sucked!" and "Maybe random effects on challenge weapons wasn't the most awesome idea since sliced bread."

Just sayin'.
    Brenna / Tzanna, The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent on Argo
    "As the party's resident trap expert ..." <dies with smug yet surprised expression on face>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast