Community Member

Default MACPro: Rainbow colored floors and splashes

Great game, thinking about VIP but in some of the interiors I seem to get rainbow colored squares or stairs, also when I dive into water I get a multi-colored splash. It feels like a graphic card issue of some sort. Perhaps mine is inadequate?

Here are my specs:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,3
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 6 MB
    Memory: 8 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
    Boot ROM Version: MBP53.00AC.B03

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M:
    Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
    Type: GPU
    Bus: PCI
    VRAM (Total): 256 MB
    Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
    Device ID: 0x0863
    Revision ID: 0x00b1
    ROM Revision: 3448
    gMux Version: 1.8.8
    Displays:
    Color LCD:
    Display Type: LCD
    Resolution: 1440 x 900
    Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
    Main Display: Yes
    Mirror: Off
    Online: Yes
    Built-In: Yes

Suggestions?

I use Bootcamp on my Macbook, don't want to "upgrade" to Lion in that machine, leopard is better OS for sure.

Anyway, I use Mac version on my new imac 27" and seen the same until I turned off some graphic options. Don't remember exactly what I touch, so I put a screen of my graphic options, I don't shaw the colored graphics, but sometimes don't shaw the water until I drop in, hehe

Community Member

Hhhmmm... ...I've been playing with the settings trying to make sense of this problem on my 2008 MacPro 3.1 without a great deal of success. I've had the sea go missing - great seeing the ships floating 10m up! Those horrible previously mentioned psychedelic coloured patches - great masses of them issuing out when you hit a container; on the floor where there should be crystal clumps; torch flames as rainbow blocks or none at all; horrendous glare in certain lighting conditions. All sorts, sometimes making it virtually unplayable.

Unfortunately, I'm using a generic PC ATI HD6870 video card with the EFI burnt onto it via Netkas' expertise, so I've been somewhat blaming my hardware for the problems; but seeing this article, I will continue to experiment and will report back to the best of my ability (and patience!) on the best settings to minimise/prevent these issues.

I've played DDO on my BootCamp'ed Win XP partition, without problems, although it seems slower than the Mac - more players on Win?

Model Identifier: MacPro3,1
    Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
    Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
    Number of Processors: 2
    Total Number of Cores: 8
    L2 Cache (per Processor): 12 MB
    Memory: 8 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.6 GHz
    OSX 10.7.5
    AMD Radeon HD 6870:
    Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 6870
    Type: GPU
    Bus: PCIe
    Slot: Slot-1
    PCIe Lane Width: x16
    VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
    Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
    Device ID: 0x6738
    Revision ID: 0x0000
    ROM Revision: 007-NETKAS-ORG
    EFI Driver Version: 01.00.507

Community Member

My girlfriend will run quests with me on the Mac Client, and I notice two problems frequently:

1) The world gets huge patches of color that block out whole sections of the map... she can walk through it and see the other side, but behind her is still the huge patch of a color. Almost like walking through a big blanket of nothingness. This does not happen when she uses boot camp with the same settings.

2) The brightness meter does not work in game. The Mac client I notice is incredibly dark. Not sure what to do about this, raising brightness on the mac makes everything else look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindro View Post
    My girlfriend will run quests with me on the Mac Client, and I notice two problems frequently:

1) The world gets huge patches of color that block out whole sections of the map... she can walk through it and see the other side, but behind her is still the huge patch of a color. Almost like walking through a big blanket of nothingness. This does not happen when she uses boot camp with the same settings.
    phew i thought this was just me and my laptop was overheating!
    The New Blood
    Athrael Tinyclanger Tinypiker Tinyskittle
    ~Gollie~ ~Littleears~ ~Milacku~ Tinyflinger

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zindro View Post

With me it is a solid black screen. happens in caverns mostly.