Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 90
  1. #21
    Community Member Bacab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    3,093

    Default

    Bardcher's have been around for a very long time.

    You do have yours nicely laid out.

    They are fun to build and play.

    Here is the concept...

    I want to be a Bard...or bard past life=at least 8 Levels of Bard)
    I want manyshot=6 RNG
    I want evasion= 2ROG or 2MNK or 9 RNG (obviously MNK and BRD do not go together)
    I want to get traps=1ROGor Arty + other classes with skill points
    This is just a common 12(PRE2)/6(PRE1)/2(Evasion or feats) build

    Bard does well at this because it gets nice skill points.

    Your build is fine...but perhaps you should look further back and find out that you did not "invent" anything.

    I don't doubt that you came up with this on your own though.

    You are learning how to spread out and know what you desire from your toon.

    That is how Haek came up with his build.

    He made a list of what he wanted to be able to do...and then built for it.
    Last edited by Bacab; 03-26-2013 at 04:15 AM.
    Bacab Warforged 18 Arty (Active) Hjealer Dwarven Battle Cleric 10CLR/1FTR
    Atropine Human 11 WIZ/1ROG (Active)
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

  2. #22
    Community Member dredre9987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    So how does this build do in EE?...Oh it doesn't? Nvm. Just a TR trap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

  3. #23
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Deadlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from
    Posts
    3,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keveniaftw View Post
    Wrong, wrong, wrong. For instance the juggernaut, an incredible build and in my opinion better than the bardcher. Do you think Haek is modest about that build? No. Does he have to be? No, because it's an incredible build and it's often copied. Same for several other builds

    On the other hand. Did I ever stated this is the 'zomgz best build ever'? No, I stated that it is a versatile build and you can run like anything with 6 (or 12) of these without it being too hard. Which is why people are welcome to roll bardchers.

    You might ask why if I agree a juggernaut is better, don't roll a jugg. Simple, because I like the flavor of this build. Maybe even because I myself designed the build and I don't like copying others. I never said that anyone 'envies' my build. I stated that people who never ran with one shouldn't judge the build.

    As a last point, of course you do not need a bardcher in your runs, neither does it hurt to have one. Quests are easy either way. But let's keep it just very easy, PM your toons to me ingame and I won't bother to group with you...
    I can only assume that you don't even know you're doing it. You're certainly consist enough for it to be an integral part of your core makeup. Only you would mention bardchers and juggernauts in the same breath. Kid, you're deluded.

    The other builds that are often copied are copied for a reason. Yours isn't for different reasons. Some builds are original. Yours isn't. Your build is nothing special. You cannot see that.

    Nobody is suggesting that you shouldn't have fun with whatever flavour build you want to create. I encourage all of my guiildies to have fun with whatever build they have put together and not to worry about it being the uberest. We are all saying that we are sick of hearing you bleating about it as if it's something special when you've already accepted that it's not. Play your toon, have fun, but please, just give our ears a rest.

    Why would I PM you my toons when all of yours are squelched? Why would I PM you when it's much easier to make things clear here on the public forums? When you see an lfm put up by Quijonn .... those are the ones you're not welcome in.
    Last edited by Deadlock; 03-26-2013 at 05:54 AM.

  4. #24
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    395

    Default

    The person who posted this build can't do EE quests, needs to level up his forum trolling skills.
    Maybe, read the Wiki, or perhaps, play the same game everyone else is.

    Because, not only can a bardcher split like this able to group and still be effective as a bard (zomg what, you can have higher perform than most pure 20 bards if you build right) in a group setting. You can more than like likely solo EE given the proper gearset. Given the fact that you have the best CC around (bard) near the top burst dps (6ranger) do traps better than anyone else not named a mechanic rogue or int based arti. mid range melee dps, and more versatility than a swiss army knife.

  5. #25
    Community Member Bacab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    3,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    I can only assume that you don't even know you're doing it. You're certainly consist enough for it to be an integral part of your core makeup.

    The other builds that are often copied are copied for a reason. Yours isn't for different reasons. Some builds are original. Yours isn't. Your build is nothing special. You cannot see that.

    Nobody is suggesting that you shouldn't have fun with whatever flavour build you want to create. I encourage all of my guiildies to have fun with whatever build they have put together and not to worry about it being the uberest. We are all saying that we are sick of hearing you bleating about it as if it's something special when you've already accepted that it's not. Play your toon, have fun, but please, just give our ears a rest.

    Why would I PM you my toons when all of yours are squelched? Why would I PM you when it's much easier to make things clear here on the public forums? When you see an lfm put up by Quijonn .... those are the ones you're not welcome in.
    I agree with what you are saying Q.

    But I must say that the 12BRD/6RNG/2ROG is indeed a nice build for Heroic Content and Bard Past Life.

    Level 1 ROG
    2-7 RNG (manyshot and ITWF are nice leveling tools...also do not waste Skill Points in UMD...just catch up UMD when you start taking Bard Levels)
    Couple levels of Bard
    A level of ROG (to catch up ROG skills)
    Finish out with Bard

    TBH, I think the build is fine and fun. Its the OP's beating of his chest that turns so many people off.
    *BTW as a Tempest and as Human...its even easier to pull off skill point-wise.

    When people point out its weaknesses, he then argues with them before finally going to that "I play how I want to play" defense.

    But yeah, Kevin...

    Either keep your boasting to yourself, or be more receptive of criticism. Your FVS/MNK build that was bad is another example of you sticking carrots in your ears and ignoring what others have to say.
    Bacab Warforged 18 Arty (Active) Hjealer Dwarven Battle Cleric 10CLR/1FTR
    Atropine Human 11 WIZ/1ROG (Active)
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

  6. #26
    Community Member Bacab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    3,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveohio View Post
    The person who posted this build can't do EE quests, needs to level up his forum trolling skills.
    Maybe, read the Wiki, or perhaps, play the same game everyone else is.

    Because, not only can a bardcher split like this able to group and still be effective as a bard (zomg what, you can have higher perform than most pure 20 bards if you build right) in a group setting. You can more than like likely solo EE given the proper gearset. Given the fact that you have the best CC around (bard) near the top burst dps (6ranger) do traps better than anyone else not named a mechanic rogue or int based arti. mid range melee dps, and more versatility than a swiss army knife.
    Exactly.

    Atropine's first life (which was Bard) was similar to this build.

    That was 2008? Oh and I was WF
    Bacab Warforged 18 Arty (Active) Hjealer Dwarven Battle Cleric 10CLR/1FTR
    Atropine Human 11 WIZ/1ROG (Active)
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

  7. #27
    2014 DDO Players Council
    SirValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Korea (temporarily)
    Posts
    5,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Nobody is suggesting that you shouldn't have fun with whatever flavour build you want to create. I encourage all of my guiildies to have fun with whatever build they have put together and not to worry about it being the uberest.
    Preach it, brotha! Long live flavor builds!

    I'm currently having fun on a full-retard-Turn-Undead-specced Drow Paladin! Lousy Str, lousy Con, crazy-high Cha. My DPS is ****, but I can Turn any trash Undead in Heroic content!

    (Combat): You roll to see how effective your turn undead: paladin is. You roll a 6 : you hit foes up to 40 hit dice.
    That's as a level 18 Paladin.

    I knew it would be gimp, but it's just for a Pally past life, and I'm having fun. And with great saves & good self-healing, it's quite survivable, too.

    Note I'm not going to run this in EE, nor even EC. 20 and TR.

  8. #28
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dredre9987 View Post
    So how does this build do in EE?...Oh it doesn't? Nvm. Just a TR trap.
    Can both solo EE and be effective as group member...
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)
    Two handed chruchers, Ghallanda

  9. #29
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveohio View Post
    The person who posted this build can't do EE quests, needs to level up his forum trolling skills.
    Maybe, read the Wiki, or perhaps, play the same game everyone else is.

    Because, not only can a bardcher split like this able to group and still be effective as a bard (zomg what, you can have higher perform than most pure 20 bards if you build right) in a group setting. You can more than like likely solo EE given the proper gearset. Given the fact that you have the best CC around (bard) near the top burst dps (6ranger) do traps better than anyone else not named a mechanic rogue or int based arti. mid range melee dps, and more versatility than a swiss army knife.
    You're being confusing... First you say I can't solo EE quests (which I already did) or effectively group up (which I often do)
    Then you breakdown how my build can solo EE and is very versatile...

    Are you just trying to do clever trolling or do you mean anything, at all, of what you just typed -_-

    EDIT: I completely misread your post, sorry :/ I read: 'The person who post this build, can't solo EE's, and needs to level up his forum trolling. Sorry and thanks for your reply :-)
    Last edited by keveniaftw; 03-26-2013 at 09:53 AM.
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)
    Two handed chruchers, Ghallanda

  10. #30
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    I can only assume that you don't even know you're doing it. You're certainly consist enough for it to be an integral part of your core makeup. Only you would mention bardchers and juggernauts in the same breath. Kid, you're deluded.

    The other builds that are often copied are copied for a reason. Yours isn't for different reasons. Some builds are original. Yours isn't. Your build is nothing special. You cannot see that.

    Nobody is suggesting that you shouldn't have fun with whatever flavour build you want to create. I encourage all of my guiildies to have fun with whatever build they have put together and not to worry about it being the uberest. We are all saying that we are sick of hearing you bleating about it as if it's something special when you've already accepted that it's not. Play your toon, have fun, but please, just give our ears a rest.

    Why would I PM you my toons when all of yours are squelched? Why would I PM you when it's much easier to make things clear here on the public forums? When you see an lfm put up by Quijonn .... those are the ones you're not welcome in.
    My toons are in my signature, and last time I checked you weren't even welcome before this discussion, and I wasn't welcome before this discussion. A simple Quijonn in the first post would've been enough for me to just ignore the entire post, could've made things lots easier...

    To everyone, if you already have me on /squelch, or I have you on /squelch, then I won't give a **** about your biased opinion, at all.
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)
    Two handed chruchers, Ghallanda

  11. #31
    Community Member Bacab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    3,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keveniaftw View Post
    You're being confusing... First you say I can't solo EE quests (which I already did) or effectively group up (which I often do)
    Then you breakdown how my build can solo EE and is very versatile...

    Are you just trying to do clever trolling or do you mean anything, at all, of what you just typed -_-
    Your reading comprehension failed you.

    He was addressing someone that said that this build does not work in EE.
    Bacab Warforged 18 Arty (Active) Hjealer Dwarven Battle Cleric 10CLR/1FTR
    Atropine Human 11 WIZ/1ROG (Active)
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

  12. #32
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bacab View Post
    Your reading comprehension failed you.

    He was addressing someone that said that this build does not work in EE.
    Yes, I gueess you're right, time to edit my reply because I was wrong
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)
    Two handed chruchers, Ghallanda

  13. #33
    Community Member dredre9987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keveniaftw View Post
    Can both solo EE and be effective as group member...
    SS of some of those solo's please...Hell even a full HP breakdown....
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

  14. #34
    Community Member dredre9987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveohio View Post
    The person who posted this build can't do EE quests, needs to level up his forum trolling skills.
    Maybe, read the Wiki, or perhaps, play the same game everyone else is.

    Because, not only can a bardcher split like this able to group and still be effective as a bard (zomg what, you can have higher perform than most pure 20 bards if you build right) in a group setting. You can more than like likely solo EE given the proper gearset. Given the fact that you have the best CC around (bard) near the top burst dps (6ranger) do traps better than anyone else not named a mechanic rogue or int based arti. mid range melee dps, and more versatility than a swiss army knife.

    And since he is going str based with a starting Cha of 12....tell me again how that is the "best CC" for a bard...IPS missing so many things wrong that make this build possibly fun to level to 20 but EE out of range....
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

  15. #35

    Default Here we gooooooooo!

    It's a me Mari....wait no that's not right I'm the other guy Bowser.

    And look who's back, the infamous original bardcher here to tell us in another thread besides his build thread that ZOMG bardchers is the awesome. Look guy, we get it any build that makes things stand still while you many shot one of them and then wait 2 minutes to kill the next one will be effective. Yes your great versus trash and any mob in this game that doesn't deal overwhelming DPS. We get it you saved the world, you defeated some random EE's too bad for you like Mario the princess is indeed in another castle.

    You also post hey lets have a 5-6 bardcher group, I can see how that goes. "Ok guys I'm going to enthrall this trash group" Alright I got em, now lets figure out how we are going to use manyshot. Alright you fire at mob A, you mob B, you mob C etc etc. It probably works most of the time. And lets face it any group with a bard that plays slower and picks apart a fascinated or enthralled group of mobs will have an easy time of it. Sure your casters with AOE's will be sad they can't nuke anything (or shouldn't if your using this philosophy of gameplay) but hey you've reduced the challenge of the quest by making sure it is almost always your group versus 1-2 mobs.

    So as I've said in the past enjoy your flavor build with as others have said is a class split that has been around since it occurred to anyone they want to buff themselves, have many shot and do traps. Heck I even posted an near exact copy of your build in the last thread of your boasting http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...98&postcount=2 so go on and enjoy your 5-10 groupies who have never seen a build that can heal itself and do DPS.

    Bowserkoopa,

    Bardcher, Monkcher, Fightcher, Bowbarian, helves angel....Yes OP no one has thought to themselves hey AA+Manyshot+X class/build goals is a good idea.

    Keeper of Keenbean's Heart

  16. #36
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrtigo View Post
    . . .snip . . .
    "Bardcherkoopa" has a nice ring to it. You could always use another toon.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

    Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

  17. #37

    Default I dunno

    Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    "Bardcherkoopa" has a nice ring to it. You could always use another toon.
    I mean I already have Magikoopa, Metallikoopa, Mechakoopa, Hammerkoopa, Koopatroopa, Doktorkoopa, Bowserkoopa, Bowserjr and Shadowkoopa. I mean I think that is plenty of toons and doesn't even include my fleshies like everyone's favorite sprint boosting barbarian on Ghallanda Chainer. If anything I have to figure out how to make Magikoopa even more grieftacular.

    Bowserkoopa,

    Suddenly I feel like all builds with "cher" on the end should all go walk into a lava pit.

    Keeper of Keenbean's Heart

  18. #38
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keveniaftw View Post
    Shadowdancer: Slightly less viable but you can get the max out your rogueish skills
    Come on, nothing beats a bardcher in shadow form, nothing!! It looks so cool!
    (and SD destiny makes non-rogue splash builds have evasion)

  19. #39
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrtigo View Post
    It's a me Mari....wait no that's not right I'm the other guy Bowser.

    And look who's back, the infamous original bardcher here to tell us in another thread besides his build thread that ZOMG bardchers is the awesome. Look guy, we get it any build that makes things stand still while you many shot one of them and then wait 2 minutes to kill the next one will be effective. Yes your great versus trash and any mob in this game that doesn't deal overwhelming DPS. We get it you saved the world, you defeated some random EE's too bad for you like Mario the princess is indeed in another castle.

    You also post hey lets have a 5-6 bardcher group, I can see how that goes. "Ok guys I'm going to enthrall this trash group" Alright I got em, now lets figure out how we are going to use manyshot. Alright you fire at mob A, you mob B, you mob C etc etc. It probably works most of the time. And lets face it any group with a bard that plays slower and picks apart a fascinated or enthralled group of mobs will have an easy time of it. Sure your casters with AOE's will be sad they can't nuke anything (or shouldn't if your using this philosophy of gameplay) but hey you've reduced the challenge of the quest by making sure it is almost always your group versus 1-2 mobs.

    So as I've said in the past enjoy your flavor build with as others have said is a class split that has been around since it occurred to anyone they want to buff themselves, have many shot and do traps. Heck I even posted an near exact copy of your build in the last thread of your boasting http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...98&postcount=2 so go on and enjoy your 5-10 groupies who have never seen a build that can heal itself and do DPS.

    Bowserkoopa,

    Bardcher, Monkcher, Fightcher, Bowbarian, helves angel....Yes OP no one has thought to themselves hey AA+Manyshot+X class/build goals is a good idea.
    If you lack knowledge of the gameplay of a bardcher, don't talk about it, at all. It makes you look dumb
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)
    Two handed chruchers, Ghallanda

  20. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keveniaftw View Post
    If you lack knowledge of the gameplay of a bardcher, don't talk about it, at all. It makes you look dumb
    Oh this is good, you've got your feathers ruffled. You told me exactly what your strategy was "no one gets how strong a virtuoso is" What is your Virtuoso power, fascinate with the added effect of the mob possibly not breaking when hit. And your also enjoying the current FoTM with Fury+Ranged good for you. Again you haven't broken the mold you haven't created anything that didn't occur to people before. You created a build that takes advantage of the 2 most powerful CC's in the game Fascinate and Enthrall. I don't know why you think that your the first to realize mobs that stand there and take a beating without fighting back is a sound strategy. Certainly no one prior in DDO thought hey if we block this choke point and the casters nuke things the mobs won't hit us. Or hey if I stand here the mob doesn't fight back.

    So grats to you for realizing not getting hit is a good idea.

    Bowserkoopa

    I am apparently Dumb because I don't understand a build that 6 people enjoy <.<

    Keeper of Keenbean's Heart

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload