Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 90
  1. #61
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    395

    Default

    What exactly does a 12 bard 6 rgr 2 rog lack in your opinion to keep them from not only doing EE content, but dominating it? (because bards do dominate EE)
    Not sure what your getting at in regards to a "tr trap"

  2. #62
    Community Member Nephilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Rome (Italy)
    Posts
    1,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    EE quests are routinely steam-rolled.

    My point? I don't have any, but neither does anyone else in this thread.
    I've a point and I can easily demonstrate it to u

    Look at this ----> .

    XD
    Last edited by Nephilia; 03-27-2013 at 08:57 AM.
    ALL HAIL TO ITS SQUISHY-MAJESTY SIR KNORR, LORD OF OOZES AND MASTER OF SLIME
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=386688

  3. #63

    Cool Oi vei

    Quote Originally Posted by keveniaftw View Post
    I will explain this much, if that doesn't help hit me up ingame.

    For EE solo, the bardcher has some combo's that wotk extremely well to kill both trash mobs and bosses.
    Fury of the wild
    Twists: Pin
    Either trap skills (for EE traps)//Stay Frosty
    What works incredibly well to kill 95% of the trash mobs, is fascinate (Enthrall, music of dead, music of makers), they all stop moving => Pin, they are 16 seconds helpless => Melee DPS the mobs down.
    Orange nameds: Overwhelming force => Manyshot, including a pin, and if needed an adren (or 2)
    Red nameds: Unbridled fury + manyshot
    Mobs immune to whatever from of bardic CC: Put displacement up, let them attack you, pin em then. Else an unbridled manyshot. I never encountered a quest on EE where more than like 20% of mobs being immune to it.
    Wait a minute, doesn't the above sound an awful lot like when I said

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrtigo View Post
    You also post hey lets have a 5-6 bardcher group, I can see how that goes. "Ok guys I'm going to enthrall this trash group" Alright I got em, now lets figure out how we are going to use manyshot. Alright you fire at mob A, you mob B, you mob C etc etc. It probably works most of the time. And lets face it any group with a bard that plays slower and picks apart a fascinated or enthralled group of mobs will have an easy time of it. Sure your casters with AOE's will be sad they can't nuke anything (or shouldn't if your using this philosophy of gameplay) but hey you've reduced the challenge of the quest by making sure it is almost always your group versus 1-2 mobs.
    To which you replied I don't know anything about bardchers at all?

    I'm getting a bit suspicious that your biased opinioin against "THE MOST HATED GUILD ON THE SERVER" has clouded your reading comprehension.

    Again I applaud you for realizing that Manyshot is good dps, fascinate/enthrall is generally one of if not the best CC in the game, and that playing a class that can cast both blur/displacement and cure spells makes sense. That being said I still don't feel I'll ever make a Bardcher and I still think your not the first to make this build and I'm still not impressed that you can solo things with fascinate/enthrall and manyshot. Anyone who has played this game with a decent bard and a party that knows how to fight properly with fascinated mobs knows just how easy fascinate makes the game.

    Bowserkoopa,
    Making a suggestion thread for mobs to get fascinate and enthrallment maybe this is what they bad guys need to actually win sometimes.

    Keeper of Keenbean's Heart

  4. #64
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrtigo View Post
    Wait a minute, doesn't the above sound an awful lot like when I said



    To which you replied I don't know anything about bardchers at all?

    I'm getting a bit suspicious that your biased opinioin against "THE MOST HATED GUILD ON THE SERVER" has clouded your reading comprehension.

    Again I applaud you for realizing that Manyshot is good dps, fascinate/enthrall is generally one of if not the best CC in the game, and that playing a class that can cast both blur/displacement and cure spells makes sense. That being said I still don't feel I'll ever make a Bardcher and I still think your not the first to make this build and I'm still not impressed that you can solo things with fascinate/enthrall and manyshot. Anyone who has played this game with a decent bard and a party that knows how to fight properly with fascinated mobs knows just how easy fascinate makes the game.

    Bowserkoopa,
    Making a suggestion thread for mobs to get fascinate and enthrallment maybe this is what they bad guys need to actually win sometimes.
    In my post I mentionned how I solo, not how I quest in a group...
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)
    Two handed chruchers, Ghallanda

  5. #65
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrtigo View Post
    Wait a minute, doesn't the above sound an awful lot like when I said



    To which you replied I don't know anything about bardchers at all?

    I'm getting a bit suspicious that your biased opinioin against "THE MOST HATED GUILD ON THE SERVER" has clouded your reading comprehension.

    Again I applaud you for realizing that Manyshot is good dps, fascinate/enthrall is generally one of if not the best CC in the game, and that playing a class that can cast both blur/displacement and cure spells makes sense. That being said I still don't feel I'll ever make a Bardcher and I still think your not the first to make this build and I'm still not impressed that you can solo things with fascinate/enthrall and manyshot. Anyone who has played this game with a decent bard and a party that knows how to fight properly with fascinated mobs knows just how easy fascinate makes the game.

    Bowserkoopa,
    Making a suggestion thread for mobs to get fascinate and enthrallment maybe this is what they bad guys need to actually win sometimes.
    It is kinda funny. On my first post (the one in shadow king), you were the one talking that this build failed, that bard and ranger had no synergy at all. Right now, once the breakdown was there and several people started either rolling one or praising the build you talk about how it's common and I stole it from other people etc etc.

    I wonder what you will come up with once it is somehow proven (if that is possible) that I totally came up with the idea myself.
    Please note that the first bardcher by my design was rolled like 2-3 years ago, I made slight differences in this build but generally it remains the same, it's just, now I decided to roll one myself.

    Face it, all you're trying to do is give critique on me, if one thing doesn't work you try something else. All you've shown me is that you don't know anything at all about bardchers. Wiki can be a help to do some research and if you do that it's utility can be discussed
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)
    Two handed chruchers, Ghallanda

  6. #66
    Community Member Chette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,228

    Default

    If you are enjoying your build and playing what you have well, then good for you, I offer my congratulations.

    However bardchers aren't a particularly new concept and I think you are misinterpretting dislike for you as a player as dislike for the build.
    ~ Cheara : Raizertron : Pozitron : Higgz Bowtron : Illudium : Staphe Infection : Abraa Capocus ~
    Nooby McNoobsalot
    Ghallanda Rerolled

  7. #67
    Community Member sheepface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cambs, England
    Posts
    412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartywinz View Post
    What does a large girl, a moped and a bardcher have in common?

    ˙ǝǝs spuǝıɹɟ ɹnoʎ ʇǝן ʇ,uop ʇnq ǝpıɹ oʇ unɟ :ɹǝʍsuɐ
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Spartywinz again."
    Omnipresence, Ghallanda
    Trellon // Trelala

  8. #68
    Community Member Bacab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    3,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chette View Post
    If you are enjoying your build and playing what you have well, then good for you, I offer my congratulations.

    However bardchers aren't a particularly new concept and I think you are misinterpretting dislike for you as a player as dislike for the build.
    This is probably what is going on.

    BTW Kevin...please get off of your Soapbox...Bard+6Ranger has been around a VERY LONG TIME.

    Many-shot is awesome...TWF is Awesome. Hage+Songs+Manyshot+TWF+Skill Points BRD+RNG is obvious...
    "Hireling" Human Cleric...Yes I stand in traps...my name is Hireling...its in my nature.
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

  9. #69
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bacab View Post
    This is probably what is going on.

    BTW Kevin...please get off of your Soapbox...Bard+6Ranger has been around a VERY LONG TIME.

    Many-shot is awesome...TWF is Awesome. Hage+Songs+Manyshot+TWF+Skill Points BRD+RNG is obvious...
    Sure thing, every type of possible build exists. That doesn't mean they are common or ever have been common. Before I created my first build around the concept I never saw one before, and as I said, that was 2-3 years ago
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)
    Two handed chruchers, Ghallanda

  10. #70

    Default Here I'll give you something

    You know what, when I first saw this build I thought bleh this looks terrible. Now I think it's an average to maybe above average build. Do I think anyone sees one of the 4 bardchers on Ghallanda hit their LFM and go "Whew we got a bardcher it's all going to be ok now" not really. Besides the 3 major quests in the game where being ranged is actually advantageous I think I'd give your spot to another build. Personally I think over all this build is not built towards raids minus the 3 FoT, LoB and MA and anyone of those raids are not made or broken by the inclusion of your build. Over all I think I agree with what someone else posted in this thread. This is a TR build great for heroic content or any time you can survive fascinating mobs and play with a group that knows how to play in a group with a bard that abuses the incredibly overpowered CC that is Fascinate.

    But hey you've moved up in my opinion from what the heck is he smoking to sometimes useful and decent for soloing specific epic content. But in no way does your build break the mold. I play many odd builds that fit this sure most is just because I refuse to get off the Warforged aren't good for anything but arcane build train.

    And as I've said and you've yet to acknowledge once, I hope you enjoy your build, it's not for me and I still think you have some complex that screams for attention. And I am still disappointed no one can tell me what a Chrucher is.

    Bowserkoopa,

    Can't wait for mobs to develop beyond 6 int

    Keeper of Keenbean's Heart

  11. #71
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrtigo View Post
    Besides the 3 major quests in the game where being ranged is actually advantageous I think I'd give your spot to another build. Personally I think over all this build is not built towards raids minus the 3 FoT, LoB and MA and anyone of those raids are not made or broken by the inclusion of your build.
    You must of missed earlier in the thread Koopa:
    Quote Originally Posted by keveniaftw View Post
    If you want to ED farm dun'robar, nothing better than have a bardcher. He has haste, sprint, ddoor and manyshot burst DPS.


    He built for House of Rusted Blades farming, not raiding. Why he did this, I must admit, is puzzling me. Perhaps he built it and plays it sarcastically. He's very sophisticated when it comes to sarcasm. I rolled a 19 and I still failed.

  12. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yun_chang View Post
    You must of missed earlier in the thread Koopa:




    He built for House of Rusted Blades farming, not raiding. Why he did this, I must admit, is puzzling me. Perhaps he built it and plays it sarcastically. He's very sophisticated when it comes to sarcasm. I rolled a 19 and I still failed.
    Oh well then I stand corrected obviously Rusted Blades farming which you do on normal generally is very important and critical and the trash mobs not hitting anyone while fascinated is a major advantage and DD well I think we've just found the one quest where Bardchers reign supreme.....or something. I've got to build one of these now.....apparently...not really....never gonna happen.

    Bowserkoopa,

    Bardchers, they might be people too, but I doubt it.

    Keeper of Keenbean's Heart

  13. #73
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yun_chang View Post
    Perhaps he built it and plays it sarcastically. He's very sophisticated when it comes to sarcasm. I rolled a 19 and I still failed.
    Sarcasm comes along with Bardish Charisma.
    Besides, in all honesty, there could be a reason to make a dun'robar build in your completionist road: Bard past life and easyfarm before you TR. Now this is only one of the things the bardcher build provides.
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)
    Two handed chruchers, Ghallanda

  14. #74
    Community Member Bacab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    3,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keveniaftw View Post
    Sure thing, every type of possible build exists. That doesn't mean they are common or ever have been common. Before I created my first build around the concept I never saw one before, and as I said, that was 2-3 years ago
    It is really easy to explain.

    2-3 years ago...the 4 main raids were Shroud, VoD, ToD, HoX.

    Ranged capable toons were not that valuable then. Also during that time the raiding scene was "Take Damage, heal damage".

    Barbs were pretty much by far the best melee DPS back then.

    Bards were expected to be a more "pure" version. You were generally Warchanter and you stayed pure for the better songs at level 20.

    Ranged was actually considered gimped either way.

    Also on 2009...when the game went F2P (I see your 2010 join date...but I don't really put a lot of value into that because the EU servers shut down and many players who have played since 2006 have incorrect join dates) a lotta new people did not play *successful* multi-class toons.

    By mid-2010 these new players understood the game mechanics better and you started to see the new players building more an more new ideas.

    Obviously, your build is different from my Barcher that I rolled in 2007(maybe 2008...Gianthold just came out and cap was 16). I was 6RNG (manyshot , ITWF, Bow STR), 2 ROG (traps and evasion), 8 Bard (haste, rage, displacement). I was Human for the bonus skill points and feat.
    I don't think PRE's were out yet.

    Everytime the game changes, you can't take an established build and then pretend its yours and brand new. When cap hits 28...I can't copy/paste Lurzifer/Haek 's "Juggernaut" and then add three more epic levels and 1 more epic feat (Epic Toughness!) and then claim my build is totally not his build and claim ownership.

    Now should I claim to have invented "Bardcher"? No, because I directly copied/pasted my build from a guildy lol. His build was from 2006 and it lived through every level increase (from level 10).

    Anyway, my dude got deleted because TRing did not exist...and I messed up on some abilities (made mistake on putting too many points into CHR...and I was a 28 point build).

    You are like every 13 year old that **********s for the first time and you think you are gonna get rich over your new "Discovery".

    PS...I have played with Kevin's Barcher and he is very good at playing it...and he is actually nice in quests.

    Kevin's forums personality =/= his in game personality

    He's actually pretty cool in game.

    This post is kinda aimed at Kevin
    *be nice dude, quit being bull-headed
    *and take a small step back.
    *read your posts before you post them
    *ask yourself,"Do I sound like and elitest or arrogant?"

    Think of this post more of a way to talk a fellow good player into "acting nicer" on the forums.

    If you use honey, you will catch a lot more flies.

    BTW...Kevin does have a nice working understanding on how the game works.

    Its just his approach on these forums has turned a lot of us off.
    "Hireling" Human Cleric...Yes I stand in traps...my name is Hireling...its in my nature.
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

  15. #75
    Community Member Chette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keveniaftw View Post
    Sure thing, every type of possible build exists. That doesn't mean they are common or ever have been common. Before I created my first build around the concept I never saw one before, and as I said, that was 2-3 years ago
    I regularly played with at least three that I can think of off the top of my head for the past 2-3 years. In fact I can remember having a pretty thorough discussion about bardchers a few years back in the now extinct Bard forum with a few of the regulars over there, as we were trying to contemplate if it would be possible to make a viable pure 20-bard bardcher.

    The reason they seem more popular these days is because ranged combat in general is much more popular than it used to be, in part because of the power brought to ranged combat by the epic destinies, and part because there is now some endgame combat where ranged combat is actually useful.

    Whether barchers are a decent build or not is quickly becoming irrelevant though, because the way you conduct yourself, both on the forums and in server chats, is making a very bad name for you, and that will rub off on your builds. The same way that some people will dismiss anything out of the mouth of "that guild" as being useless trolling, the same will, and is, happening to you. If you want to people to know how great your build is, stop talking about it and just play it man.
    ~ Cheara : Raizertron : Pozitron : Higgz Bowtron : Illudium : Staphe Infection : Abraa Capocus ~
    Nooby McNoobsalot
    Ghallanda Rerolled

  16. #76
    Community Member Spartywinz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chette View Post



    The same way that some people will dismiss anything out of the mouth of "that guild" as being useless trolling
    You had me at hello

  17. #77

    Default For the last time

    Quote Originally Posted by Chette View Post
    I regularly played with at least three that I can think of off the top of my head for the past 2-3 years. In fact I can remember having a pretty thorough discussion about bardchers a few years back in the now extinct Bard forum with a few of the regulars over there, as we were trying to contemplate if it would be possible to make a viable pure 20-bard bardcher.

    The reason they seem more popular these days is because ranged combat in general is much more popular than it used to be, in part because of the power brought to ranged combat by the epic destinies, and part because there is now some endgame combat where ranged combat is actually useful.

    Whether barchers are a decent build or not is quickly becoming irrelevant though, because the way you conduct yourself, both on the forums and in server chats, is making a very bad name for you, and that will rub off on your builds. The same way that some people will dismiss anything out of the mouth of "that guild" as being useless trolling, the same will, and is, happening to you. If you want to people to know how great your build is, stop talking about it and just play it man.
    Really do we not know the difference I'm Bowser not a troll. Trolls in this game are green or greenish grey or fiend-blooded and black and red. I am Bowser king of the koopa's it's totally different.

    Also someone should make a guild called "That guild"

    Keeper of Keenbean's Heart

  18. #78
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrtigo View Post
    Also someone should make a guild called "That guild"
    I'll add this to the do to list. But first when the level goes to 28, I need to roll up MY (and no one else's) brand new build. I call it a "Chainer" it's a barbarian specced for raising dungeon alert and killing pugs. I will have come up with it as soon as the level cap goes up and I can slap epic toughness on it and make your old creation my original creation.

  19. #79
    Community Member Chette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrtigo View Post
    Really do we not know the difference I'm Bowser not a troll. Trolls in this game are green or greenish grey or fiend-blooded and black and red. I am Bowser king of the koopa's it's totally different.

    Also someone should make a guild called "That guild"
    Don't worry, *I* don't think everything you say is useless trolling Koopa. Personally, I find most of your trolling quite useful!

    And I would totally join a guild called "that guild" but only if it could be in quotation marks.
    Last edited by Chette; 04-02-2013 at 08:15 PM.
    ~ Cheara : Raizertron : Pozitron : Higgz Bowtron : Illudium : Staphe Infection : Abraa Capocus ~
    Nooby McNoobsalot
    Ghallanda Rerolled

  20. #80

    Cool Well ok then

    As long as we realize that I am not a troll I am the king of the koopa's all is somewhat well.

    As for the Chainer build that sounds great i would totally make one of those....wait isn't Chainer one of my toons?

    Well in retaliation I will make the Unhelpful build a favored soul that takes only inflict spells and harm so I can heal only undead groups and confuse puggers with my fvs symbol and fact that I can heal....undead people.

    Bowserkoopa,

    Actually debating making the Unhelpful build

    Keeper of Keenbean's Heart

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload