Default Is it just me, or has lag got worse?

I have very rarely had any lag issues apart from event and i2049 spikes, until the latest patch. During the last week I've often been stuck in place and get the yellow warning icon. My computer setup has not changed, so it's either DDO or my ISP.

Community Member

its ddo. i logged out last night when gianthold was stuck frozen (a very common thing on orien) and then same thing when i logged back in today. then the first quest i tried running lagged out completely 2 minutes or so into it... and this is on orien, the smallest server next to wayfinder, can't imagine how bad the other servers are.

and yes its getting worse from what i can tell
    Orien server: Forking, Completionist, life 21 of ???

Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    I have very rarely had any lag issues apart from event and i2049 spikes, until the latest patch. During the last week I've often been stuck in place and get the yellow warning icon. My computer setup has not changed, so it's either DDO or my ISP.
    Do you get the yellow icon + stuck after changing instances (sometimes immediately, sometimes after you move a little) or just randomely wherever?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingTurtle View Post
    It puts the crystals on its back, or else it gets the hose again!
    My never-ending appeal to developers to stop monk discrimination
    Make destruction rune on dragontouched work with unarmed

It isn't just you. I have lower FPS on Cannith than on Sarlona. I'm playing as a bladeforged there until the problem lightens up.

No lag but sudden client crashes. (not the zone in bug, was walking threw the middle of the market place, another time buffing the dex shrine on the guild ship) Only thing that's changed on my computer is the update. Did a disc scan no bad sectors and shouldn't be the video card or ram because other games (d3 notably) doesn't have the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    No lag but sudden client crashes. (not the zone in bug, was walking threw the middle of the market place, another time buffing the dex shrine on the guild ship) Only thing that's changed on my computer is the update. Did a disc scan no bad sectors and shouldn't be the video card or ram because other games (d3 notably) doesn't have the issue.
    Yeah, when talking to people some are just getting crashes, and some get lag and crashes. I'm guessing the ones getting lag are the ones that have slower internet connections--that is my case. I have the slowest DSL in my area. However, the FPS appears to have dropped since the update, so it isn't just my slow internet connection, just a combination of the update and the connection.

Community Member

Maybe. I don't ever get lag either, but over the last two days it's been really bad. But, I'm usually the only one suffering from it in guild or group. At the same time, we've had very bad storms moving through and I'm on satellite cable, so it could be my connection. I'm really not sure.