Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    If it was a non-employee account then they wouldn't get much free TP.
    You're assuming all of their accounts are either non-employee or employee. My tin foil hat tells me that they have accounts with admin privileges as well.
    Akori-Fighter Iroka-Sorcerer Censured-Rogue Isilti-Cleric Tony-Sorcerer Duress-Cleric Elaril-Fighter Avatard-Fighter Mitigation-Paladin Loose-Bard Shiken-Fighter Unreasonably-Barbarian Jueh-Monk

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by ahpook View Post
    It is pretty basic conflict of interest and it is at the players expense. Why do you think the topic of selling named items in the store always raises so many out cries. Selling in the AH would merely be an alternative mechanism with out the political fallout.

So why is it a conflict and bad? Quick example, when they release new items into content they have to decide on the drop rate. Too low and people get frustrated by the grind, too high and people get no joy from getting the item because it is too easy. Now there is a 3rd option to factor in, what is the number of people that they can frustrate just enough to go to the AH and buy it outright without getting ****ed off. Basically, if they can create and sell items directly they are motivated to lower the drop rates to encourage sales. This lessens the game for anyone who doesn't want to open their pocketbook.

BTW, I am not claiming they are doing this but the fact that they have set up a system which allows it to appear that they might was a bad idea IMHO.
    Here's the problem with that, Mana pots have been in the store for years, yet they drop just as much as they always did... maybe even a little more as their value seems to have creeped lower. At least I think they have. I literally never buy mana pots, they drop in chests so often for me, and I have melee characters as well as casters, that I've simply no need to ever buy them.

Yes Turbine can make their game an unplayable store purchase required "trap", no it's not an ethical dilema and yes they can totally do that if they decide to. It would suck and I and many others would leave, but they don't seem stupid in their business decisions so far. In any case there's no moral or ethical quandary here, if they want to seed the ASAH they can. If they hide it it would give the appearance of "shady behavior" but that's only an appearance or perception, not an objective ethical quandary.

BTW in those P2W-jacked threads "some people" like to use the same argument (that money will start to govern drop rates making the game suck to play) yet we all have clearly seen drop rates INCREASE in new content, in fact since Attack on Stormreach (or was it Sentinals?) base items drop like a broken PEZ dispenser. The only things that still have old drop rates are Upgrade tokens and seals (like from Abbot and Reaver raid) that were added to old content, with the obvious intent of making people play old raids that were fading in popularity, by giving the loot small "grind for it" bumps in power. The same mechanic used in "heroic commendations" which because they drop in two different raids (and IIRC they are very likely to drop at least in FoT judging by my 3 comm's from 3 completions) are actually easier to get than upgrade seals (which I have exactly 1 pull of out of dozens of Abbots and reavers).

They aren't seeding the ASAH, they can if they want... but they wont, if only because of the perception that it's somehow wrong to do so, while it's okay to just outright charge for store items (same thing, different delivery system). But also probably because a dynamic player driven market is desired, because it will help inform turbine as to the relative values of the things the players trade most, in a dynamic and statistically accurate way, relative to Shards and thus TP values.
    Last edited by IronClan; 03-25-2013 at 04:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    You can't possibly design good gameplay if excitement unpredictability and unknowns are NOT ALLOWED because they confuse some players who want everything cut and dried and spelled out for them.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by ahpook View Post
    Saying those who complain about sales are unable to understand is just inflammatory. Some who complain worry about the integrity of the game and perceive legitimate issues with the system. Because you don't agree with those with concerns is no reason to call those people stupid.
    Saying someone doesn't appear to understand is not the same thing as calling them stupid, there are many reasons for not understanding that have nothing to do with intellectual capacity, including: not having all the facts, not considering all the angles, things you might have overlooked or not have occurred to you that someone else already considered. Even having incorrect info or a personal bias (or previous agenda) can lead one to make incorrect conclusions (not understand) despite being intelligent.

Worry about the "integrity" of a non gambling game if you want, it's their game, they can literally do as they please with it, and all a player can do is:

Accept it and keep playing
    Complain about it and hope to change it while they keep playing
    Accept it and leave
    Complain about it and hope to change it while leaving.

To one degree or another those are all the options players have. There is no "ethical dilemma" if they decide to seed the ASAH with items, just a perception of wrongdoing based on a oblique and vague similarity to gambling, that is not actual.
    You can't possibly design good gameplay if excitement unpredictability and unknowns are NOT ALLOWED because they confuse some players who want everything cut and dried and spelled out for them.

BTW in those P2W-jacked threads "some people" like to use the same argument (that money will start to govern drop rates making the game suck to play) yet we all have clearly seen drop rates INCREASE in new content, in fact since Attack on Stormreach (or was it Sentinals?) base items drop like a broken PEZ dispenser. The only things that still have old drop rates are Upgrade tokens and seals (like from Abbot and Reaver raid) that were added to old content, with the obvious intent of making people play old raids that were fading in popularity, by giving the loot small "grind for it" bumps in power. The same mechanic used in "heroic commendations" which because they drop in two different raids (and IIRC they are very likely to drop) are actually easier to get than upgrade seals... So another new mechanic that is LESS GRINDY than old.
    I'm sorry but the drop rates in EE High Road quests is horrid...
    Cannith - Sorrion - Glassbones - Galodon - Farsnipe
    Sarlona - Glassbones

Community Manager

Okay, let's put this in writing then: Turbine employees are not spawning loot to put directly on the Shard Exchange themselves. Seriously?!?!

Also: We are not working with the aliens to send messages that are picked up by your microwaved meatloaf dinner. At least I don't think so...
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Karavek View Post
    just a thought but all these people attacking turbine with these imo slanderous posts and threads claiming things like the OP could well risk being banned at least I would if I was an admin. I dont have much love for turbine and Im one of those who think 9/11 was anything but what we where told it was, but this kind of completely baseless failing of logic type argument makes me disgusted by humanity in general.
    Why are you saying that its attacking to say that turbine found new way to make money in this game. I'm not saying if selling game gear for money is bad or good.

Your thinking (i wont name it logic, because it's not logical) makes me disgusted. It's like: "he said, they are making money running this game! he's bad! he is attacking us and our game! let us kill him!". It is obvious it is not a charity, it is bussiness and no matter if we like it or not, finding new ways to get cash from players is great from game companies side of view.

P.S. talking with morons is really great:

-this strawberry is red
    -NO! IT IS A FRUIT! I HATE YOU! YOU ATTACK THE STRAWBERRY FARMER

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Also: We are not working with the aliens to send messages that are picked up by your microwaved meatloaf dinner. At least I don't think so...

What am I supposed to do with these 504 boxes of tinfoil now?
    Brenna and Tzanna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

Quote Originally Posted by Uma-Quixote View Post

Out of interest, are you one of the many millions of North Americans who believe they have been abducted by aliens?
    Out of interest, are you one of the many millions of people in this world who believes every poorly researched, source lacking story published on the internet?

In other words, sources please. And simply listing such...exceedingly credible...sites as OMG-facts and Huff-Po doesn't cut it. These sites need to cite their sources, and then those sources and studies need to be examined. If they don't cite sources when presenting their statistics, then well...congratulations to them for selling ads and getting clicks from suckers.

Okay, let's put this in writing then: Turbine employees are not spawning loot to put directly on the Shard Exchange themselves. Seriously?!?!

I just spit mountain dew on my keyboard.

2016 DDO Players Council UurlockYgmeov's Avatar

But I swear!!! my meatloaf talked to me last night!

Turbine employees are not spawning loot to put directly on the Shard Exchange themselves.
    I like the really carefully planned wording in this phrase....Just saying.....
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

That just proves you are not in the inner circle, i have the proofs in a safe place, and in case something would happend to me they will be send to the mass media!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiewa View Post
    I like the really carefully planned wording in this phrase....Just saying.....
    They really do just keep makin it worse, don't they. Dang it. Outta popcorn.

Poor Cordovan, trying to disprove tinfoil doesn't work, they just assume you're the man and trying to lead them away from the "truth"

Community Member TempestAlphaOmega's Avatar

Well obviously you specifically did NOT deny that Turbine had scripts written and loaded to live to create premium accounts that include a special "starter" package of randome high end BtCoE loot only available to these accounts, which are automatically posted to the ASAH and after the items sell the shards are moved to a new premium account located in Sharn by way of a number of structured and layered transactions where most (90%) of the Astral Shards will be relisted in the DDO Store. The rest will be either recombined into Astral Diamonds for random loot drops or distributed through the DD. The accounts are then deleted to prevent the authorities from tracking the activity. You just said that Turbine employees are not spawning loot to sell and my explanation of your activities is so totally not what you denied.

I have 27 other things that you didn't specifically deny so they must also be true.....oh wait you denied the alien message thru microwaved meatloaf dinner thing, so 26 yeah 26 other things that you didn't specifically deny so they must be true!
    Shapshap, League of Extraordinary Ham, Sarlona and a bunch of alts that all have names begining with Sha or Sho. Of course Shapshap could be the alt and one of the others the main, it just depends on what day it is.

Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version

Wink

Why are you so clearly trying to manipulate the demand in the tinfoil market (and maybe the microwaved meatloaf market too...)?
    ---------------------------------------
    * Thelanis - Mercure *
    C.L.A.W. (Council of Law and War)
    ---------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Mercureal View Post
    Why are you so clearly trying to manipulate the demand in the tinfoil market (and maybe the microwaved meatloaf market too...)?
    Turbine just bought out Reynold's Wrap, so if they can create more demand for tinfoil the shares will go up. It's true I read it on the internet.

Thank you for the sig material
    We are not working with the aliens to send messages that are picked up by your microwaved meatloaf dinner. At least I don't think so...
    Proud member of Tyrs Paladium

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    They really do just keep makin it worse, don't they. Dang it. Outta popcorn.
    Indeed... SOMETHING - insidious or not - is being avoided.

That's classified, soldier. You just keep on working these here internets, and we'll be just fine.
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast