Unhappy crafting error...is there hope?

I finally got around to building 2 GS weapons for my lvl 19 ranger. One Rapier and one short sword and my plan, since my main (cleric) has all the ingredients I was just going to build the weapons and mail them to my alt or drop them in my shared bank. I didn't realize that after tier 1 GS are bound on aquire and now my cleric has both weapons bound to him (unusable I might add) Neither weapon has been equipped, is there any way to transfer them or am I stuck? What about deconstruction?

Ugh .

I think you may be up the creek man.

The yellow dopant can only be used on tier 3 items as far as i know and is a crazy rare drop. So that is probs out of the question.

Looks like your stuck with some greensteel on your cleric. Could try to make most of it and create some clickies maybe .
    Born to play, Forced to work !

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by badbob117 View Post
    The yellow dopant can only be used on tier 3 items as far as i know and is a crazy rare drop.
    Wrong.

Yellow Dopant can be used on any Tier Greensteel item.
    You just need to put it in the correct altar with the item you want to deconstruct.

You can even deconstruct imbued shards with a Dopant.

And that's the only way to solve the op problem. ( you'll get a signed stone back and a pack of ingredients for each items )

The only problem of deconstruct is that the Dopant drop rate is retarded ( 0,004% chance ) in the Part 5 chest, for a commodity that should have been sold by a vendor in Meridia. ( well you always have the option to dish out TPs for them...*sigh* )
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

You are out of luck. The dopant that could technically fix it was horribly designed in that it is worth more than the T1 and T2 ingredients combined and thus is only wise to use on a T3 and/or cleansed item.

One thing worth noting is that you can now try selling that on the Astral Shard AH. Maybe someone else would like what you built

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    You are out of luck. The dopant that could technically fix it was horribly designed in that it is worth more than the T1 and T2 ingredients combined and thus is only wise to use on a T3 and/or cleansed item.

One thing worth noting is that you can now try selling that on the Astral Shard AH. Maybe someone else would like what you built
    He could have sold the blanks but not tier 1 items (They are bound on acquire)

Community Member

They did make a pretty bad error with the dopant by making the drop rate so low and the TP price so low, but on the plus side, this works out in your favor. A store dopant is only 395TP, that means you can just about get it for the $8 point bundle.

Do the math: re-running all the vale quests to get two new signet stones will take at least an hour, so if you do that instead you are paying yourself $8 an hour. And that's running with a group! The dopant works ok, I used one on a tier1 i had screwed up and it was a very good choice over re-running all the stupid flaggers and staring at a useless greensteel forever.

Always do as much of everything on the correct toon as can be done. every single time.

Default Cannith crafting: Burst-like suffix effects?

deleted due to posting error