Community Member

Default Epic Envenomed Blade! ...now what?

So while farming for epic shards/seals, I managed to pick up a matched shard/seal combo for the Enevenomed Blade. This was not an item I'd been looking for so I have no actual plan for it.

Yet.

Anyway, I have 4 characters I currently play: artificer, monk, wizard, and paladin. None currently uses a short sword. I don't care too much about the item but if I am going to go ahead and epic it, I'd like to do it on a guy who will get some use out of it.

Any suggestions?

Community Member

Hi,

Hold onto it for now.

The drop rate on those mats is stupidly low, so you don't want to use them unless you are sure.

You mentioned in another thread you are thinking of making a ranger. That might be a nice CC weapon for your ranger, when he gets to level 20.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

Community Member

Tell me about it! Took dozens upon dozens of runs to get the epic Luminous Truth(and from what I hear a ridiculous amount of luck). I've pulled 3 complete epics out of Chronoscope in half the runs.

I'll hang on to it. My friend wants to do a series of ranger lives(to get the +2 to ranged) but if we do that it'll be zerg to 20 - TR, repeat, get back to our arty-ness for a final uber life. Not sure I'll need the blade then.

I do see a lot of casters running around with them, are they using some kind of special build?

Will defintely have to save the blade, thats for sure.

The Epic Eblade is one of the few weapons worth actually building a character around. Treason (from Reaver's Fate) and Rebellion (from The Fall of Truth), and the Tiefling Assassin's Blade (from a rare named in the Three Barrel Cove wilderness area) are three other weapons with similar properties.

That is, Shortswords which use Dex for both to-hit and damage.

The optimal build for these babies is probably a Drow Ninja Spy Monk who lives in Wind Stance, since you can completely sacrifice Strength. (And Drow get racial enhancements with shortswords)

Rangers, Rogues, and Drow Favored Souls (for Vulkoor favored weapon bonuses) are also good options.
    Last edited by Entelech; 03-24-2013 at 01:07 AM.
    Give a man a fish, and he demands two more tomorrow.
    Teach a man to fish, and he'll leave to find somebody who'll just give him a fish.
    Beat him unconscious with the fish, and it's comedy.

Community Member

Hmm.

Well, my monk IS a Ninja Spy, though he's human. He does happen to live in Ultimate Wind Stance because I am lazy and do not feel like changing stances. He's a 32-point build though and split between strength and dex(25/29). And as it happens he doesn't get uncentered with shortswords!(I did not know that 5 minutes ago).
    Last edited by HunterjWizzard; 03-24-2013 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Entelech View Post
    The Epic Eblade is one of the few weapons worth actually building a character around. Treason (from Reaver's Fate) and Rebellion (from The Fall of Truth), and the Tiefling Assassin's Blade (from a rare named in the Three Barrel Cove wilderness area) are three other weapons with similar properties.

For leveling, add in the newest version of the Zephyr shortsword. It's a one-augment crystal (red) (change 1) shortsword with DEX or STR to hit and damage (change 2) but with a base damage of 2[2d4] (change 3).

It's essentially like a plain-jane Epic damage falchion with a slot in one hand.

(The upgraded Flint dagger is now also DEX/STR, but with a base damage of 2[1d6], Shocking Burst, and two augment slots as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by Entelech View Post

The optimal build for these babies is probably a Drow Ninja Spy Monk who lives in Wind Stance, since you can completely sacrifice Strength. (And Drow get racial enhancements with shortswords)

Rangers, Rogues, and Drow Favored Souls (for Vulkoor favored weapon bonuses) are also good options.
    Ummm...those things were almost tailor-made for finesse rogues. I used to dual-wield the normal version of those babies in Vale. They are a thing of beauty in the hands of a rogue.

It made most of the content below epic a complete cakewalk.

We should stop talking about how great those weapons are. it is the sure sign of a nerf.

What I means to say is...uh...THEY SUCK!!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    We should stop talking about how great those weapons are. it is the sure sign of a nerf.

What I means to say is...uh...THEY SUCK!!!
    Well, no. Because if you are using dex, you probably already have weapon finesse, and if you already have weapon finesse, these weapons do not provide you much other than +damage from dex. Its a feat for a few points of damage, and imo, that is a poor trade for use, since _not_ having it means you are pigeonholed into using these few weapons.

I love the epic envenomed blade on my str based assassin.

Yes these swords are great for dex builds, but in certain quests/wilderness areas the improved paralyze is awesome.

I often pair it with an epic midnight greetings. Great fun. I also have one on my ranger who is also pierce spec.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"