Default The dragon in the marketplace.

So I think the OMG! Factor has kinda worn off now and the big lug is more of a nuisance than anything else now, forcing people to watch where they stand because Khyber knows it ain't watching where it lands.

So I was thinking... Dangerous for one of my limited mental faculties, to be sure... Why not change it up a bit? Make it a random result as to what sort of Metallic or Gem dragon lands with a 1 or 2% chance of an absolutely massive Great Wyrm Gold Dragon teleporting in and hovering over the marketplace in all it's splendour due to being too damned huge to land. Whenever the Gold appears EVERYONE currently in the marketplace gets a random one hour buff that lasts through death and stacks with everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilbar View Post
    So I think the OMG! Factor has kinda worn off now and the big lug is more of a nuisance than anything else now, forcing people to watch where they stand because Khyber knows it ain't watching where it lands.

So I was thinking... Dangerous for one of my limited mental faculties, to be sure... Why not change it up a bit? Make it a random result as to what sort of Metallic or Gem dragon lands with a 1 or 2% chance of an absolutely massive Great Wyrm Gold Dragon teleporting in and hovering over the marketplace in all it's splendour due to being too damned huge to land. Whenever the Gold appears EVERYONE currently in the marketplace gets a random one hour buff that lasts through death and stacks with everything else.
    Careful - if that's implemented, I can see the second effect kicking in - it squishes every character in sight, wiping out the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    Careful - if that's implemented, I can see the second effect kicking in - it squishes every character in sight, wiping out the buff.
    Why do you think it lasts through death?

Why do you think it lasts through death?
    Doh! Missed that part.

Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    Doh! Missed that part.
    Seriously, though, a great wyrm gold ought to utterly dwarf every dragon seen in-game thus far including Velah, Sinvala, and The Truthful One... Combined. Its appearance should blot out the sun, casting a shadow over a good chunk of the marketplace, and getting EVERYONE'S attention since it would teleport in with a massive lightning bolt and thunderclap.

Except for the fact that it's a specific dragon that is shapeshifting into the Argonesson Emissary, sure.
    Seems a lot of work for more flair.

And really, who the heck watches where they stand in relation to the dragon?
    You have to try rather hard to be affected by it- really now, stop staring up at the sun and trying to hug the falling dragon's belly as it lands, you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.