Community Member

Default Epic Voice of the Master

Create an "epic" version of the Voice of the Master or the Mantle of the Worldshaper. These do not have to be fantastic, game-breaking items, just something that makes either of those good enough to slot full-time. Having to equip it is kind of a pain.

Maybe something on the "don't leave the castle without it" list, like featherfall, water breathing, heavy fortification, etc. The Mantle is already most of the way there with regeneration(I made room in my lvl 21 monk's gearset to equip it full-time).

This does NOT mean we need epic Delaras and Epic Threnel. What I'd really like is a basic "trade for epic dungeon tokens" system where I can swap my voice or mantle for something more useful.

What would be really cool is a system where you could trade it in along with 20 tokens just to add a chosen effect(and make it ML20). Like take your mantle and 20 tokens and trade it for an epic one with heavy fortification(I always have trouble slotting heavy fort).

The 5% XP shouldn't change, I just want an item thats worth slotting 100% of the time.

Community Member stoopid_cowboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    This does NOT mean we need epic Delaras
    Yes it does! This should happen SOON(tm)!!!

Epic Deleras would be awesome. But not until after Epic Tempests Spine.

yuda
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I guess pants can be optional

Community Member

I certainly wouldn't say no to epic delaras :P or even epic threnel! I've farmed it so many times for mystical goblets that I know it inside and out!

But I was attempting to pre-empt all the people who don't want to see any more "epic" versions of existing content :P

Delera's and Threnal only get Epiced if we keep the narration by the Master and the Worldshaper. Those are deal breakers for me.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    I was attempting to pre-empt all the people who don't want to see any more "epic" versions of existing content :P
    If they did as well with it as they did with eGH, I think few people would be unhappy! I think they just did a great job updating the wilderness, Tor, and Madstone in particular. Even if it IS still too pink, the feeling you get the first time you take down one of the dragons is awesome.
    Argonessen: Jhanrae, Weisen Heimer, Chaard O'Nay, Soulah, and more. Khyber: Dyzzie and Myssie for escape from Argo drama

I'd be happy if the "epic voice of the master" was an augment gem.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kilbar View Post
    Delera's and Threnal only get Epiced if we keep the narration by the Master and the Worldshaper. Those are deal breakers for me.
    Me too. If they just did a basic epic-pass like some of the others there'd be no reason to change it(where its the same adventure but with epic difficulties and epic XP)

I wonder if they could find enough recordings of those guys to add more narration? That'd be kind of neat, let them continue narrating modules from the grave.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    Until you put it in the wrong item and have to pay 600 TP for a jewler's toolkit or rerun the chain and re-epic the item :P

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    Either this, or put it on a token/commendation track like some recent raid items:

20 tokens = tier 1; upgrade to AML:20, 5% replaced by 6% xp bonus
    3 commendations = tier 2; adds colorless slot
    7 commendations = tier 3; adds green slot

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by hit_fido View Post
    Either this, or put it on a token/commendation track like some recent raid items:

20 tokens = tier 1; upgrade to AML:20, 5% replaced by 6% xp bonus
    3 commendations = tier 2; adds colorless slot
    7 commendations = tier 3; adds green slot
    You're on to something, there: with the current augment system you CAN add all the little things(water breathing, fort, etc), so if ALL the epic-version did was add even 1 colorless augment slot, it would be an improvement. 2 augment slots = twice as good.

The voice and the cloak are for low level stuff.

It would be tribute to make them both Epic.

They should be, if made Epic, Harder to obtain than any other items.

Epic Voice and Epic Cloak would be more game breaking than the Epic Collar.

This must be considered.
    Last edited by Zorth; 03-22-2013 at 07:30 PM.
    The Blood of the Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Zorth View Post

This must be considered.
    How would they be game breaking? I see them as a great tribute to the founders of our game.
    Argonessen: Jhanrae, Weisen Heimer, Chaard O'Nay, Soulah, and more. Khyber: Dyzzie and Myssie for escape from Argo drama

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zorth View Post

This must be considered.
    The low-level versions are not difficult to obtain even at level. The epic versions do NOT need to be "harder to obtain than any other items".

They do NOT need to be "more game breaking than the Epic Collar".

As I said: even if all the epic versions did was add a few augment slots, it would be good. All I'm asking for is to make the items worth sloting at all times, not to turn them into ML25 stuff. The whole entire point of these items is to help you at leveling, what good is something like the Epic Collar that also has 5% XP? Thats useless, you aren't getting XP anymore at that point. Yes I know the expansion is coming out.

Community Member

some noew version of voice would be nice, but adding permanent feather fall would be terrible. i use voice on multiple toons, some of them aren't fully geared, so they constantly wear voice. i don't want to take it off everytime i want to move quickly way down (like in von5 to reach western talking head). if we are talking about adding some simple effect, striding would be better

Change both Voice and Mantle so their XP bonuses stack. Voice's luck bonus is increased to +2 and it gains a Rainbow slot, ANY augment gem can fit in it. Mantle's Regen is increased to Greater, the Spell Absorption recharges 5/ day instead of 1/day, and it too gains a Rainbow slot. These two items are the ONLY sources of Rainbow slots in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jillie View Post
    I see them as a great tribute to the founders of our game.
    I do too. +1

Add a green slot to the things at least and that's the minimum they should have.
    Karadon, Paladin [5] Mar - Jul 2006 - Aureon [EU]
    Karadon, Paladin [20] Feb 2010 - June 2012 - Orien
    Karadon, Paladin [20] June 2012 - July 2013 - Orien [TR1]
    Karadon, Paladin [16] July 2013 - Present - Orien [TR2]

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Karadon_II View Post
    I do too. +1

Add a green slot to the things at least and that's the minimum they should have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilbar View Post
    Change both Voice and Mantle so their XP bonuses stack. Voice's luck bonus is increased to +2 and it gains a Rainbow slot, ANY augment gem can fit in it. Mantle's Regen is increased to Greater, the Spell Absorption recharges 5/ day instead of 1/day, and it too gains a Rainbow slot. These two items are the ONLY sources of Rainbow slots in the game.
    Both good examples of simple, reasonable things. See? Not asking for much, just make it good enough to slot full-time!