Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

They could make Shroud harder by giving everything more hit points.

Isn't that how it works?
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Guild: Guinness Knights

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Quote Originally Posted by mobrien316 View Post
    They could make Shroud harder by giving everything more hit points.

Isn't that how it works?
    This is DDO . . .

I like what they did with gianthold, where the quests are the same, but the raid is different. What they need to do is make a tier 4 and 5 for shroud weapons and make them upgrade-able in the new raid. Why? Simple. Not only would the new raid get run alot, but the shroud will get run alot too, so folks can make a t3 weapon or t3 item they can take into the new raid. This way t3 shroud stuff keeps its old ML for those who want to continue to use it on their TRs, and the t4 and t5 stuff gets a new ML consistent with the ML of the new raid.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by tharveysinjin View Post
    We already have rumors of Epic Shavarath and Epic Three Barrel Cove. Can we please say "No" to regurgitated old content. The game really needs new, interesting and challenging stuff.

How about the city of Sigil?
    How about Githyanki and Githzerai?
    How about Balor demons?
    How about Tiamat?
    You want devils? Then why not go for the 9 layers of hell, where we face off against Mammon, Baalzebub, Asmodeus etc, rather than rehashed Shavarath and Vale?
    How about travelling to the Elemental planes and facing off against the elemental princes?

There are innumerable possibilites for new content, thus it perplexes me to see so many people requesting, and the devs even proposing, epic versions of all the same old stuff that we've run for the umpteenth time.

/Not signed.
    total /signed to what you say, but they can't do good brand new content with no bugs in every update. Why not a mix ? Some updates with revamped content and some with new good content ?
    No one runs shavarath anymore, and rever's a bit more but just for xp. Why not epic versions, with loot upgrades, so we get a lot of different lfm's ? I'm already sick of the vale, the vale, MOTU, MOTU, the vale at level 17-22 tbh.

Community Member

Default Its all about the loot

I LOVE the idea of Epic Vale. Vale was the most fun pack in the game for me. Its just that, its all about the Greensteel, Imho.. and If Turbine made a Loot / Crafting system like the one in Shroud, then we have a winner.

To make Epic Greensteel would be 'easier' becoz they save the old system.

Again, i like the idea of Epic Shroud.. But i see not everyone does.. And would settle for something else as long as they make something with a nice crafting system where u can make yourself versatile gear.

I don't agree with the majority of your sectional posting, but I do agree that an Epic Content Vale of Twilight would be an excellent idea to bring back old content in a new light. Perhaps with an upgraded green steel crafting system for epics. Given the amount of lvl 16-28 that run shroud, the challenge is no longer there. Opening up an Epic level Shroud as an Epic raid would give back the division of Heroic and Epic levels running it.
    Currently there is no excitement to run Shroud when you have fully geared and tapped out toons at lvl 28 hitting it all up. Plus currently it pretty much guarantees no xp for all because of those lvl 22+ that join.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    This is DDO . . .
    Aye, maybe the portals could

http://www.explode-mode.com/nuke.jpg

just a random thought, not sure where the idea came from, but hey why not?

Quote Originally Posted by realism View Post
    I don't agree with the majority of your sectional posting, but I do agree that an Epic Content Vale of Twilight would be an excellent idea to bring back old content in a new light. Perhaps with an upgraded green steel crafting system for epics. Given the amount of lvl 16-28 that run shroud, the challenge is no longer there. Opening up an Epic level Shroud as an Epic raid would give back the division of Heroic and Epic levels running it.
    Currently there is no excitement to run Shroud when you have fully geared and tapped out toons at lvl 28 hitting it all up. Plus currently it pretty much guarantees no xp for all because of those lvl 22+ that join.
    +1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12