Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Quite frankly, low level and range sucks so much ass a donkey would be jealous.

The only low level range that was viable, at least in my eyes, was an arcane who had access to two fast casting eternal wands, and spent AP to up wand damage. Those actually whip off in a pretty reasonable rate. Finger Flar, Acid Splash being two off the top of my head that have fast casting times.

I also normally kept them up through Rainbow in the Dark as they effect also provided a short time light you could see by.
    Once a you get multishot with 3 arrows it becomes worth using for burst with multi then back to handwraps, but it is horrific at low lvls. Ten thousand stars falls behind as well unless you have a high wisdom like high 40's which will only be achievable at 20+.

Community Member

Updated the enhancements.

They may change once I fill in my gear at 25, there are a few peices I still need but I have most the EE GH equipment with the exception of 1-2 items.

I like the build and am doing a 12 Ranger/6 rogue / 2 monk tempest II 36pt (will TR @ 20 so @ 19 will be 12R/5rog/2mnk), also str build, similar to yours, lots of useful abilities and survivable. Considered the AA route but have another AA @ the moment so going tempest for this one. If I was going epic would likely have done 11/7/2 too. Enjoy!

Community Member

As I near my 20th level I realize the raw power in the burst of multi/10k, but have not seen the truth power of the ability combined with unbridled fury. I wanted to try this combination before it gets the nerf bat which is inevatible. 10K stars still seems very weak at a 32 wisdom but after asking a friend with an moncher, it seems it doesn't become reliable until mid 40's.

Even though my build does provide those who:

1. want to try something slightly out of the norm.

2. Want to optimise their ranger past life.

It is still in the shadow of the moncher, which ( I am not running numbers ) as long as the moncher build does not include overwhelming critical, I doubt that my build does more than 10% less. If someone wants they can maticulously crunch the numbers or use some program to give me an answer, regardless it won't be "GaMeChAnGiNg" either way.

I do have to say this is my first build and is not outrageously unique, but I have a friend devising a very interesting build that involves oozes and that is all I have to say.

I will be updating once I hit 20 and then on.

Raliar out!

Community Member

Looking through the gear I have so far I will be using:

Helm: black dragon
    Armor: black dragon
    Ring: anithoul
    Ring: Shinto ring
    Neck: Stormreavers pendent, Shinto set
    Goggles: Dream Visor, or Intricate field goggles
    Bracer: Greater convalescent of superior parrying
    Trinket: Idol of good fortune ( planar will not stack with the dragon armor )
    Quiver: just a store bought atm... hopefully Quiver of poison soon
    Gloves: Gauntlets of Immortality ( for the slots as well as the extra healing capability )
    Back: Min 2 cloak
    Boots: Halycon boots
    Weapon: Pinion and Antepode

Might be changing things as I get gear because this is not my optimum set up but I do like to be a little different. To me there is no ( best set up ), think of gear as a puzzle and you are trying to fit the peices together except they're multiple ways to put the puzzle together.
    Last edited by Raliar; 03-29-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Community Member

I was able to try out the build duoing Epic Hard giant hold at 21 and it went pretty well. I tried fury which seemed to pack a punch and I went sharadi which seemed lacking and better built for higher attack speed range weapons like a repeater. My friend is the original moncher build slightly modified and he raves about legendary dreadnaught and it seemed to work very well for him, his sustained seemed higher but burst not quite as high as fury. It seemed like a very viable option as well.With levels will come gear and I will have a huge dps increase with level 23 with pinion and other additional gear options. With unbridled fury at the moment I can bust out crits for 1200, this is with a lit2 longbow. My ten thousand stars is still lacking with a wisdom of 34 with the precourser to sense weakness giving me an additional 2 wisdom while rage potted but it is still worth using and has an average of two arrows it seems. Well just updating everyone, I also updated my enchancements. The builder seemed to give me too many points!

Community Member

I am finally in EE content and I have to say I am very impressed at how fast I drop mobs and contribute to groups. I have not soloed much but am going to try a few soon even though I enjoy grouping that is why I play the game.

My gear set up has changed dramatically due to aquiring alot of peices and it goes something like this:

EE Blackdragon helm
    EE Spiderspun Comparison
    EE Jorg Collar
    Planar Prowess
    EE Backstabber gloves
    EE Steady Armbands
    Halycon Boots
    Dun Robar Tendon slice ring
    EE Stormreaver prophecy ring
    Quiver of poison
    Pinion
    I switch between Antipode and Grave wraps
    EE Jeweled Cloak

I am still switching things around since I am missing blur but I have two displacement gs clickies, and heal amp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12