Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default Can we change store-bought bags to be bta?

    I'm fine with bigger bags getting put in, but I'd really like to move my old ones to other toons.

  2. #2
    Community Member Fedora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Yes please.

  3. #3

    Default

    /signed. Semi-retired Lighthardtt, he's got the big bags. Not willing to fork out the money for new big bags. Not the ing bag, too many BtC stuff in there, but the collectables and gem bags, I don't think there are any BtC collectables.
    Completionist Lighthardtt Tuisian of Sarlona
    leader, Bridge Burners

    "Just another day in pair-o'-dice"

  4. #4
    Community Member fco-karatekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Texas Hill Country
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    That wouldn't be very smart.

    It's counter to the point of them being in the store to begin with.

    I've bought like 4 or 5 of these - woulda bought only, like, 2 if they'd been BTA.

  5. #5
    Community Member Hokiewa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Hola Bienvenidos
    Posts
    4,487

    Default

    They used to be BTA. I have a large or giant or very large bag that was grandfathered in.

    They should be BTA as should any store bought item. They won't do this though for the obvious reason
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    That wouldn't be very smart.

    It's counter to the point of them being in the store to begin with.

    I've bought like 4 or 5 of these - woulda bought only, like, 2 if they'd been BTA.
    thats you, i have bought 2 bags (1 colossal ing, 1 huge collect) both for my crafter and will not buy another bag if they are not bta at least.
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

  7. #7
    Community Member EddieB_TBC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokiewa View Post
    They used to be BTA. I have a large or giant or very large bag that was grandfathered in.

    They should be BTA as should any store bought item. They won't do this though for the obvious reason
    Well it may not be so obvious as some might think. Personally I'll not ever buy another store container so long as the store bags and quivers are BtC. Were they BtA I would most certainly have a huge version of every type they offer in my shared bank space. So while it may seem obvious they want to get people to buy more because they BtC and can't be shared, an ability to share would BE the major selling point to some people and they specifically are not getting sales because of the BtC.
    This space intentionally left mostly blank.

  8. #8
    Community Member MarQuileth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    152

    Default

    /signed

    ...and make various sizes of an augment gem bag also (BtA).
    "An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." - Ernest Hemmingway

  9. #9
    The Hatchery danotmano1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The rainy side of earth
    Posts
    4,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EddieB_TBC View Post
    Personally I'll not ever buy another store container so long as the store bags and quivers are BtC. Were they BtA I would most certainly have a huge version of every type they offer in my shared bank space. So while it may seem obvious they want to get people to buy more because they BtC and can't be shared, an ability to share would BE the major selling point to some people and they specifically are not getting sales because of the BtC.
    Agreed. This is my stance on the store bags as well.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

  10. #10
    Community Member MarcusCleardawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    115

    Default

    I agree bags should be bound to account:

    1. We have a freaking ton of "ingredients" most of which are bound to account.
    2. Most players play multiple characters
    3. It is a pain to dump ingredients from one character and pass them one by one through a share bank account space.

    One poster posited the implied theory, "If bags were bound to account, players would buy fewer because such players would buy 1 bag for all their characters instead of 1 bag for each of their characters."

    For some this may be true, but for many I think the analysis is "I would buy 1 bag that I could share across all of my characters, but I won't buy (at least at the current price point) 1 bag for each of the characters for whom such a bag would be useful."

    Given that the nature of the ingredient bags is often that the bound to account ingredients will be consolidated between characters even by the player in the first instance that bought bags for all of his characters, and that transferring and consolidating such ingredients would be immensely less of a pain if that player could ship the bags around rather than each individual ingredient, and there is a greater market for Bound to Account Bags than Bound to Character Bags (at the current price point)

    Why not?

    It seems Turbine is missing out on a lot of potential revenue by creating something that is, to be honest, rather incomplete given the way the game is actually played.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    That wouldn't be very smart.

    It's counter to the point of them being in the store to begin with.

    I've bought like 4 or 5 of these - woulda bought only, like, 2 if they'd been BTA.
    I just posted in a different thread on this very issue. For me, this backfired...

    I don't enjoy micromanaging my inventory, so every one of my toons "needs" big bags and full inventory/bank space. It ended up being a hefty TP investment per toon. So I stopped making new toons and I TR one of the existing ones when I want to play something new. Now, instead of spending new TP for each new toon... I earn TP when I run the new TR up.

    Instead of earning cash from me, this system now costs turbine.

  12. #12
    Community Member ssgcmwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EddieB_TBC View Post
    Well it may not be so obvious as some might think. Personally I'll not ever buy another store container so long as the store bags and quivers are BtC. Were they BtA I would most certainly have a huge version of every type they offer in my shared bank space. So while it may seem obvious they want to get people to buy more because they BtC and can't be shared, an ability to share would BE the major selling point to some people and they specifically are not getting sales because of the BtC.
    Bingo - that's why I'm not buying any. Hear that Turbine? Easy money for you guys if you make BtA bags & quivers. Heck, you could even charge a *slightly* higher price for them.
    UDR Loot Rules:
    1) No griefing people for pulling loot that dropped in their name
    2) When rolling, classes for which the item is "useful" get +10 to the roll
    example: Wiz and Barb both roll on a Torc, the barb saying "I'm TRing into an arcane next week"
    Wiz gets +10 on his roll

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    That wouldn't be very smart.

    It's counter to the point of them being in the store to begin with.

    I've bought like 4 or 5 of these - woulda bought only, like, 2 if they'd been BTA.
    I bought 0 and will always buy 0 until they are BTA. Reality not like really need all that junk anyway. Just a convenience item. Also without it being BTA it kind of defeats the reason for having them. I want the bags to make it easier to move between my guys. So some people that would have bought bags get 0 because the no BTA and others like you just buy more. Hmm does it really make it smart not knowing exact count? You might be right that more say oh well and buy more bags. Though you could be wrong and holds back sales they could have got with them being BTA. I not saying you are wrong. Just pointing out there always another side of a issue. Because at least you can move them from character to character. Not everyone thinks like you .

  14. #14
    Community Member humbleroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    202

    Default

    anything bought should be BTA.

    I think every item that isnt finished (tier 3 or whatever) should be BTA.
    Real join date: Update 7

  15. #15
    Community Member Iriale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Yes, change them, please. I will never buy one until they are BTA. BTC are useless.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

  16. #16
    Community Member Iriale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssgcmwatson View Post
    Heck, you could even charge a *slightly* higher price for them.
    No, thanks. They are not cheap now
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload