Default Two Handed DPS???

Out of Greatswords,Great axes, Mauls/Warhammers, and quarter Staves, Which Has The Highest Avg. Damage,,,,,My next life is going to use a T.H. But I dont know whic ht opick. Please Help.

TY

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dunmoore View Post
    Out of Greatswords,Great axes, Mauls/Warhammers, and quarter Staves, Which Has The Highest Avg. Damage,,,,,My next life is going to use a T.H. But I dont know whic ht opick. Please Help.

TY
    Greatswords, generally. Average +0.5 damage over Greataxe, +1.5 over Mauls, and +3.5 over Quarterstaves (which really aren't in the same category). They also have the largest chance to crit. On the other hand, greataxes have more powerful crits when they happen, and mauls are bludgeoning which is good for skeletons. And, in general, the specific magic properties of the items available to you are more important.

If you have high STR and base damage, but no named weapons, then falchions might be the best. But i think greataxes and mauls still swing faster.

But non of these really matter. Just grab any two hander with good effects, like acid (or holy)+lacerating for low-mid levels, and you will be good.
    Cannith
    Csodaszarvas
    Valyria - Hulkie - Sillymilly - Killberry - Silvyanna - Walour - Corgak - Thalrian-1

Quote Originally Posted by Semual View Post
    Greatswords, generally.
    Sword of Shadows and maybe few named swords are exception but greatsword is the worst thf martial weapon.
    If you have high STR and base damage,
    Not really, falchion beats both even at something low like 30 strength.
    But non of these really matter. Just grab any two hander with good effects, like acid (or holy)+lacerating for low-mid levels, and you will be good.
    Good advice, the difference is few points per swing in heroic levels anyway
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

Falchion has the best critical profile. If your build has good (which I admit is nebulously defined) base damage and is using base weapons, the falchion is best. (Greataxes do swing faster and have higher base damage, but not enough to overcome the critical profile advantage.)

With that said, there is an easily acquirable THF in the Epic Antique Greataxe that is very good and (of course) a greataxe. It bypasses many DRs and displays big numbers, which is really the point of THFing. There is also a very difficult to acquire THF in the Epic Sword of Shadows that is almost comparable to TWFing for single target DPS and a greatsword. I advise you not to set yourself on grinding it out.