Quote Originally Posted by Kelendren View Post
    Personally , what I suggest to change the way VIP/Premium works currently:
    Bonus VIP Premium
    Experience gains 20% 10%
    TP Store costs 90% 95%
    HP/SP +5% +0%
    Slayer bonus Double Single
    TP Grants 500/month 500 on upgrade to Premium

And other things. What I'm saying is not to alienate Premiums. I'm premium, and I enjoy it
    Giving more hp and sp would alienate just like extra damage or to hit. It's a horrid idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Giving more hp and sp would alienate just like extra damage or to hit. It's a horrid idea.
    I agree they shouldn't get more hp,sp, damage or bonus to hit

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Orratti View Post
    I'm only saying this because I believe it to be true.

The new auction house might end up being a large flow of steady cash for you but just in case...

There are ways of shoring up the books without having to create some new cash grab every 3 to 6 months or so. The best way of course is to create a larger stream of constant cash flow. why do you consider this a way of "shutting up the books"? Could this also not just be considered an experiment to incentivize more forms of income?
    Turbine has had success with the combination of f2p , premimum &VIP options available to give people choice. Maybe they think hey great lets give them another option to be able to spend money, maybe that will work.

They are trying to innovate and create new revenue streams , I applaud that. If they let things stagnate the next latest and greatest MMO will leave them floundering.

While they have a good base model they can afford to innovate and would be silly not to.

Vips are that stream of cash flow and instead of having them dry up you should attempt to open the floodgates. your understanding of the situation is hampered by your lack of knowledge here. You simply have no idea what steam of cash flow is greater or a larger contributor to turbines bottom line every month.

I can tell you that personally I bounce back and fourth between VIP and premie pretty constant like. I tend to spend a good deal more when premie.

First come the always asked for perks. I have no suggestions other than they be nice and unbuyable by any other means.

Second come the free turbine points. Get rid of them. That is part of the reason the perks need to be nice. Make Vips purchase all of their points just like anyone else. You are giving points to subscribers they can buy their way out of their subscription with.

Make vip attractive enough that a player who has bought everything would still be tempted to subscribe. Make it attractive enough that when new incoming players decide to spend money vip looks like the best option. I can understand your logic here but once again your unprovable assumption that VIP is better for turbine prevents the problem that maybe they don't want to make VIP "the best option" ?
    Perhaps making VIp "the best option " would alienate preemies and chase them away from the game thinking "Sub is the only way to go and I don't want a sub"

In fact if the game had stayed sub only , I and the dozen or so peoe I have gotten in to the game wouldn't be here. Had I felt that you needed a sub I wouldn't have started . Even thought i do now occasionally subscribe i know i wouldnt have starte that way

Raise the price as well if you need to.

Hopefully between selling the items in the store, the asah, and an influx from vip subs we would be generating enough money for you that there will be no more need for cash grabs.

As an afterthought change the title of the payment plan from ViP to simply Subscriber please.
    I think your heart is in the right place but your assumptions about turbines business models have sent your annalysis astray.
    Move along , Nothing to see here

Quote Originally Posted by t0r012 View Post
    I think your heart is in the right place but your assumptions about turbines business models have sent your annalysis astray.
    Yes it is only guess work on my part.

If subscriptions were doing well then irritating your premium customers with cash grabs like buy only epic destinies wouldn't be needed.

If premium were doing well then irritating your vip customers with cash grabs like expansions and favor unlock classes wouldn't be needed.

I could be way off on my assumptions and these tactics might just be getting used to throw even more money on the pile while ****ing off their customers.

Even being completely wrong in my beliefs getting more subscriptions would still bring in more income just as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Orratti View Post
    Yes it is only guess work on my part.

If subscriptions were doing well then irritating your premium customers with cash grabs like buy only epic destinies wouldn't be needed.

If premium were doing well then irritating your vip customers with cash grabs like expansions and favor unlock classes wouldn't be needed.

I could be way off on my assumptions and these tactics might just be getting used to throw even more money on the pile while ****ing off their customers.

Even being completely wrong in my beliefs getting more subscriptions would still bring in more income just as you say.
    You seem to be conflating the terms "need" and "want"

I'm not saying you are wrong , I'm just say you are making assumtions.

Turbine is looking for different ways to make money. You seem to think that they should focus on getting people to VIP under the assumption that is where the money is , but you don't know that.

Obviously they are trying to find the right balance and options to offer their customers to maximize their revenue. That may be incenvitiaing VIP or it might not be. Without looking at their returns , results or books there is no way to know.
    Move along , Nothing to see here

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kelendren View Post
    Personally , what I suggest to change the way VIP/Premium works currently:
    Bonus VIP Premium
    Experience gains 20% 10%
    TP Store costs 90% 95%
    HP/SP +5% +0%
    Slayer bonus Double Single
    TP Grants 500/month 500 on upgrade to Premium

And other things. What I'm saying is not to alienate Premiums. I'm premium, and I enjoy it
    As others have said: HP/SP bonus = horrif idea.

While the rest of that can be achieved with potions and other means, its still not that impressive. Where is the wow factor?

Look at it from this perspective: I have 5 bank slots full of XP potions I've picked up from various sources. If Turbine can't even convince me to use the XP potions I already have, why am I going to shell out cash for another XP boost?

DDO Store price reductions - this is not that helpful to VIPs. The bulk of what you save real money on in the store are the big, expensive things that they already have. Little stuff like raid timer byasses, spirit cakes, etc, a 10% savings is just not going to be that attractive. Yes, it will be used, but again: where is the wow-factor?

Let's think outside the box a little, here. How about:

1)In-game Plat Store that works "like" the DDO-store(can be accessed anywhere) but sells in-game consumables like spell components, potions, etc; available only to VIPs and allows you to buy stuff with platinum. This store would not include a "repair" tab or even buy things, it would just be a way to get little plat-bought consumables without having to stop and visit 3 different NPCs.

2)Spell Component and Potion bags. Premiums get to buy these, but VIPs get 5 each of the largest size free that are bound-to-account(storebought ones are bount to character). If they loose their VIP subscription, the bags(and all contents) are destroyed. Since there is, at most, 50k worth of plat-bought items in them, no one is going to cry very hard. Plus if you know you aren't renwing you can jsut pull all the stuff out.

3)Instanced player house. This works much like the guild airship but has different amenities geared more towards an individual player's needs. Premiums can still buy this(and rent amenities), but VIPs get one for free with free ameneties.

I'm just throwing suggestions out. We are looking for things that aren't game-changers but are big, amazing "wow-factor" items that would make someone like myself who already spends enough to justify a vip account jump up and say "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by t0r012 View Post
    You seem to be conflating the terms "need" and "want"

I'm not saying you are wrong , I'm just say you are making assumtions.

Turbine is looking for different ways to make money. You seem to think that they should focus on getting people to VIP under the assumption that is where the money is , but you don't know that.

Obviously they are trying to find the right balance and options to offer their customers to maximize their revenue. That may be incenvitiaing VIP or it might not be. Without looking at their returns , results or books there is no way to know.
    You have me. I have no idea what they plan to do. As I said the new auction house might end up being what they are looking for by itself. They may not want any vips at all.

{edit} Sorry for a second there your approach threw me. Interesting approach. You are right...but you are making assumptions.

As long as the subcription plan exists, then yes, they should try to bring in more subscribers.

You say they are looking for different ways to make money. Yeah, We've noticed.
    Last edited by Orratti; 03-24-2013 at 03:19 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345