Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 88
  1. #1
    Community Member Orratti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,540

    Default You actually do need to fix ViP

    I'm only saying this because I believe it to be true.

    The new auction house might end up being a large flow of steady cash for you but just in case...

    There are ways of shoring up the books without having to create some new cash grab every 3 to 6 months or so. The best way of course is to create a larger stream of constant cash flow.

    Vips are that stream of cash flow and instead of having them dry up you should attempt to open the floodgates.

    First come the always asked for perks. I have no suggestions other than they be nice and unbuyable by any other means.

    Second come the free turbine points. Get rid of them. That is part of the reason the perks need to be nice. Make Vips purchase all of their points just like anyone else. You are giving points to subscribers they can buy their way out of their subscription with.

    Make vip attractive enough that a player who has bought everything would still be tempted to subscribe. Make it attractive enough that when new incoming players decide to spend money vip looks like the best option.

    Raise the price as well if you need to.

    Hopefully between selling the items in the store, the asah, and an influx from vip subs we would be generating enough money for you that there will be no more need for cash grabs.

    As an afterthought change the title of the payment plan from ViP to simply Subscriber please.
    Last edited by Orratti; 03-22-2013 at 04:32 AM.

  2. #2
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    16,784

    Default

    Personally, I think the +10% bonus XP is a huge new perk for VIPs. Couple that with the existing 1st-time Elite unlock and I'm kinda tempted to go back to VIP myself.

    I'd be fine with getting rid of the TPs - but really, 500 a month isn't really any more then enough to get some fluff items anyways. Pretty harmless to keep. Pretty harmless to get rid of.


    I think that VIP is on the cusp of being "worth it", and really doesn't need all that much to push it over. Frankly, I think if they offered a new VIP Only cosmetic pet every six months of being a VIP, it would result in more subscriptions regardless of my lack of enthusiasm for them.

    P.S. No matter what benefits they might potentially throw on, making it more expensive would only result in less VIPs.
    Last edited by Memnir; 03-22-2013 at 03:10 AM.
    53699

  3. #3
    Community Member Zonixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    696

    Default

    I believe the ViP concept to be a remnant of the old module ddo had with subscription, and the entire ViP concept is just a cash grab in itself to keep all the previous players who subscribed before 2007 still paying turbine their monthly fee even though they don't really have too.

    Anyway, I am kind of a skeptic (tinfoil hat) - and I believe turbine is and will continue to have more success with money by making more shinies in the DDO store as people generally spend $50-100 or more in the ddo store point bundles when they can, and people usually impulse buy anything new or shiny they see.
    If you are reading this, that probably means I am broadcasting live @ http://www.twitch.tv/ZonixxTV

  4. #4
    Community Member Orratti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    I could take the hit and pay more for my sub if it actually stopped the New Turbine as you put it from going any further. Personally I've been slinking my way out of it with the free turbine points since they introduced the artificers without the favor unlock available.

    Maybe there are more ViPs then ever. I don't have a count.

  5. #5
    Community Member Bacab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    3,100

    Default

    I think the 10% XP bonus is nice.

    A +1 Lootgem at all times would be neat too?

    Out of curiosity, does the 10% VIP XP bonus stack when using a stone?

    If it does...they should kinda advertise that...

    I know people who buy the 50% XP elixir just for when using the XP stone...

    I am trying to think of other "fluff" items for VIP.

    Maybe give VIPs at slayer bonus too?

    I think a slayer bonus and the +1 Lootgem are both minor things.

    Heck, allow VIPs 2 Daily Dice rolls a day?
    Bacab Warforged 18 Arty (Active) Hjealer Dwarven Battle Cleric 10CLR/1FTR
    Atropine Human 11 WIZ/1ROG (Active)
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

  6. #6
    Community Member Rasolam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    18

    Default

    100% agree that VIP needs sorting out. I agree with you on the TP front we dont really need them (i only use them for pots/learning tomes) but these can add up with your monster manual kill count.

    I would be more then happy to pay more for VIP if:-

    1)More bugs were fixed ie instead of a none essential update (astral shards) take an update day to fix much needed bug problems(Turbine).

    2) To make VIP more attractive make certin items bound to account instead of bound to charc. My wizard looted a pair of awesome googles on a VON 5-6 run, they would of been perfect for a trapper/rogue but it was bound to charc, ended up leaveing them in the chest for a druid!

    3) VIPS have to pay for the new expansion? Fine i will but as i mentiond above i would be willing to pay more in sub fees if all content was free.

    These are my own opinions and feel free to agree or disagree

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    98

    Default ...

    Dear all,

    in my opinion the VIP account should make the life easier while playing DDO but should give no major easy buttons like increasing loot level or slayer boost. The best and very balanced approach would be to increase the duration of the ship buffs for VIP. Give us 2 hours or perma till next death duration and the amount of VIP members will "sky rock through the ceiling".

    Regards Bo
    EU player since release, US player since winter 2009.

  8. #8
    Community Member ka0t1c1sm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    545

    Default

    My 3 copper:

    1. DDO Store discounts.

    2. Auction House/Shard Exchange takes a smaller cut.

    3. An extra "VIP" character bank tab.

    Morgulion • Romenion • Valmyrion • Vanielle • Zandrine • Zeldaryne • Zinnuviel

  9. #9
    Community Member Orratti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    I know if they passed out something like a mount in a box you could use in explorer areas that would probably be a clincher. Something you could range, cast and melee from.
    Last edited by Orratti; 03-22-2013 at 03:51 AM.

  10. #10
    The Hatchery Hutoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cannith
    Posts
    491

    Default

    I'm premium. It suits me well because I have seasonal peaks and troughs at work and sometimes I can play a lot, and sometimes I can only play very occasionally. So I buy everything.

    It's good for VIPs to get more for their money. That I am happy with .

    BUT I am unhappy with the concept of VIPs getting things I cannot buy for myself.

    If that's the way they go, I'd want to see a way to un-buy my premium stuff so I can become VIP, because with the dollars spent on packs and perks, I am committed to Premium.

    H
    AUREON/ KEEPER 2006-2009 | CANNITH 2010 -
    Anaplian, Csimian, Tengram, Hackworth, Memenah, Helekye, Nabberfleish
    Brotherhood of the Wolf

  11. #11
    Community Member Orratti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hutoth View Post
    I'm premium. It suits me well because I have seasonal peaks and troughs at work and sometimes I can play a lot, and sometimes I can only play very occasionally. So I buy everything.

    It's good for VIPs to get more for their money. That I am happy with .

    BUT I am unhappy with the concept of VIPs getting things I cannot buy for myself.

    If that's the way they go, I'd want to see a way to un-buy my premium stuff so I can become VIP, because with the dollars spent on packs and perks, I am committed to Premium.

    H
    I understand. But there is only one way to possibly draw you to subscribe. That is with things you cannot buy yourself. Enough temptation could pull you into subscribing. The packs etc you have bought are no longer making Turbine anymore money. If you are commited to premium then you wouldn't change to vip. I could see you wanting to get your money back when you change but that doesn't happen when vips change either.

  12. #12
    Community Member Kawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    At you. Not 'with you'.
    Posts
    1,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orratti View Post
    ...Second come the free turbine points. Get rid of them. That is part of the reason the perks need to be nice. Make Vips purchase all of their points just like anyone else. You are giving points to subscribers they can buy their way out of their subscription with.
    this makes too much sense

    Quote Originally Posted by Orratti View Post
    ...Make vip attractive enough that a player who has bought everything would still be tempted to subscribe. Make it attractive enough that when new incoming players decide to spend money vip looks like the best option.
    Being a proud premie? ive bought nearly everything, and... -yea, some very notorious repeats.
    --so i've just never felt any need whatsoever to go vipper.

    But you make an excellent point.

    and i hereby testify...
    i would so totally go VIP -if i had a reason.

    *shrug
    -not kidding-

    so yea, +1 for overall productivity in a VIP related post.

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    98

    Default for the Premium ppl

    Dear premium people,

    It is very simple...

    You have bought stuff and were able to play it during other VIPs have payed a monthly fee.

    When to switch:
    Calculate the amount of money you have already spend for buying quest packs, etc. and divide it by the duration of your play time so far. When you have reached the monthly fee of 8$ (current montly rate for 12month sub) or lower you have achieved the "break even" and can switch to VIP without any disadvantages to a whole time VIP guy.

    Regards Bo.
    EU player since release, US player since winter 2009.

  14. #14
    The Hatchery Hutoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cannith
    Posts
    491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoBach View Post
    Dear premium people,

    It is very simple...

    You have bought stuff and were able to play it during other VIPs have payed a monthly fee.

    When to switch:
    Calculate the amount of money you have already spend for buying quest packs, etc. and divide it by the duration of your play time so far. When you have reached the monthly fee of 8$ (current montly rate for 12month sub) or lower you have achieved the "break even" and can switch to VIP without any disadvantages to a whole time VIP guy.

    Regards Bo.
    Perhaps not as simple as you'd like to think:

    Right now, I'm not looking to switch, because they are yet to introduce a bunch of bonuses for VIPs that aren't purchasable for points in some form (see suggestions earlier in the thread).

    So when I reach this dollar/time point you speak of, my monthly cost is 0...
    Quite nice, especially when I'm busy with work and not playing the game.

    That's the point of premium for me: "VIP only when I have time to play". I pay not to be a second class citizen. If I can't get around that... then , and maybe I'll consider rethinking my payment model. But still .

    Let me reiterate - I am HAPPY for VIPs to get more, I just want to be able to pay extra to get the same stuff. Is that so much to ask?
    AUREON/ KEEPER 2006-2009 | CANNITH 2010 -
    Anaplian, Csimian, Tengram, Hackworth, Memenah, Helekye, Nabberfleish
    Brotherhood of the Wolf

  15. #15
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Moosehead Lake
    Posts
    23,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hutoth View Post
    Perhaps not as simple as you'd like to think:

    Right now, I'm not looking to switch, because they are yet to introduce a bunch of bonuses for VIPs that aren't purchasable for points in some form (see suggestions earlier in the thread).

    So when I reach this dollar/time point you speak of, my monthly cost is 0...
    Quite nice, especially when I'm busy with work and not playing the game.

    That's the point of premium for me: "VIP only when I have time to play". I pay not to be a second class citizen. If I can't get around that... then , and maybe I'll consider rethinking my payment model. But still .

    Let me reiterate - I am HAPPY for VIPs to get more, I just want to be able to pay extra to get the same stuff. Is that so much to ask?

    Yes it defeats the whole idea of VIP

    The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

  16. #16
    Community Member Bacab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    3,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoBach View Post
    Dear all,

    in my opinion the VIP account should make the life easier while playing DDO but should give no major easy buttons like increasing loot level or slayer boost. The best and very balanced approach would be to increase the duration of the ship buffs for VIP. Give us 2 hours or perma till next death duration and the amount of VIP members will "sky rock through the ceiling".

    Regards Bo
    Longer Ship Buffs is a good idea.
    Bacab Warforged 18 Arty (Active) Hjealer Dwarven Battle Cleric 10CLR/1FTR
    Atropine Human 11 WIZ/1ROG (Active)
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

  17. #17
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Yes it defeats the whole idea of VIP
    Yet wasn't the original concept for premium that you could buy anything vip had you'd just have to pay more as a one time fee? So if vip only benefits are added doesn't it defeat the whole idea of premium?

  18. #18
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Moosehead Lake
    Posts
    23,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Yet wasn't the original concept for premium that you could buy anything vip had you'd just have to pay more as a one time fee? So if vip only benefits are added doesn't it defeat the whole idea of premium?
    NO it wasnt they never intended you be able to buy full time opening on elite or hard they relented and gave two options tring and one time openings. Its the same with the xp bonus

    I dont get they premiums arguement which it should be for sale because I want to buy it

    They can get it just go subscriber

    The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

  19. #19
    The Hatchery Hutoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cannith
    Posts
    491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    NO it wasnt they never intended you be able to buy full time opening on elite or hard they relented and gave two options tring and one time openings. Its the same with the xp bonus

    I dont get they premiums arguement which it should be for sale because I want to buy it

    They can get it just go subscriber
    I think you're misunderstanding what I'm asking for - I'm not asking to be able to buy an extra 10% XP, because I can get pots if I want a boost (EDIT additional info: I do not care if I can't get +50% from sovereign pot and +50% from tome of XP and +10% from VIP at the same time. The ability to get an XP boost is not denied to me).

    I'm not asking to buy permanent Elite unlock, because I can TR or buy 1-time unlocks. (EDIT additional info: I can purchase the equivalent of what a VIP gets for free, so it's cool, that's the whole point of premium).

    At the moment there is nothing that I can't get virtually the same as subscriber, so long as I am willing to pay.

    I am happy for VIPs to get more for the subscription fee. But if there are things that I simply cannot get without going VIP I'd be a little unhappy about it. What I don't understand is hostility to the notion of being able to buy a perk as a premium if it's made available at no extra cost to a Subsciber.

    EDIT I am referring to ideas floated in this thread such as VIPs getting an item as BTA when others get it as BTC, or VIPs getting double-duration shippies. I'd be all for both of these ideas, provided it was also available for sale in the store for Premium's to buy.
    Last edited by Hutoth; 03-22-2013 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Clarity
    AUREON/ KEEPER 2006-2009 | CANNITH 2010 -
    Anaplian, Csimian, Tengram, Hackworth, Memenah, Helekye, Nabberfleish
    Brotherhood of the Wolf

  20. #20
    Community Member chrisgina39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    905

    Default

    well as a premium player the reason i don't have VIP is how expensive it is 15 dollars is a high price point for me and compared to the cost of being premium ya what reason do i have to go VIP its 15 dollars for what? 500 TP and 10% xp

    now im not saying i wouldn't pay for that but 15$ is to expensive even if i was just starting out

    now what they could add is say 2 extra bank slots and a extra inv space for each character and lower the price to say 5-7 per month if you have spent over 100$ish on the game(removing the 500TP) or add a cheaper lesser VIP option from the players who have already bought out everything

    the numbers are in beta but ya

    also if a turbine staff member reads this keep the barrier between premium and VIP thin do not give them huge things like reduced raid timers or similar

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload