Thread: Word of Recall

Community Member

Default Word of Recall

I really like how Teleport can be used to go to the Portable Hole; kind of a private club for arcane spell casters.

I wish Word of Recall took you some place comparable. The temple of the Sovereign Host in House D is pretty lame. It would be nice if it had amenities that might make it an actual place to visit.

One step more awesome would be to create five temples: Sovereign Host, the Silver Flame, Lord of Blades, Undying Court, and Vulkoor, and based on your choice of Faith: Basic Tenets enhancement, the Word of Recall spell took you to one of those temples.

I think that would be really cool.

-Ozmar the Dreamer
    I can has no signature. Alas!

Community Member

never used this, but /signed

For reason this suggestion keeps popping up. Maybe because it's a good one.
    Someone got it wrong. Everyone expected the Spanish Inquisition because they were required to give 30 days notice, by law.
    I can be found on Orien. My more active toons are Cilon, Solstone in Your Pack, and sometimes Acroyer.

signed

Sovereign temple is so... unattractive and not useful

/signed

Well, not every Divine takes one of the "Faith: Basic Tenants", so I can't sign on to the idea of making multiple temples to use as targets.

But I would like the Temple of the Sovereign Hosts spruced up a bit... or maybe have "Word of Recall" return you to your bind point.
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

A good necro and still signed. It's also on the bucket list btw.
    Someone got it wrong. Everyone expected the Spanish Inquisition because they were required to give 30 days notice, by law.
    I can be found on Orien. My more active toons are Cilon, Solstone in Your Pack, and sometimes Acroyer.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

I support this idea, even though I admit I would probably never use them. I don't use the portable hole really either, I quest into my scrolls and buy my mats from the guild venders cuz I'm a cheap turtle. : )
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

/signed
    Quote Originally Posted by chipotle47 View Post
    "The definition of success is rebuffing between deaths with great enthusiasm."

Community Member

/signed

*Divines cannot even change out spells in their spell slots, and they are in a TEMPLE when they've used Word of Recall. A vendor with divine spell components would surely not be out of place either?

PS: Word of Recall is nice quick way out of Eveningstar and Amrath, and VERY fast getaway from quest if you need to bail for some reason (everyone else dead dead dead and no rescue possible, or maybe just farming Shroud and you want out before some rude person slams the last altar)

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbed_Servant View Post
    *Divines cannot even change out spells in their spell slots, and they are in a TEMPLE when they've used Word of Recall. A vendor with divine spell components would surely not be out of place either?

PS: Word of Recall is nice quick way out of Eveningstar and Amrath, and VERY fast getaway from quest if you need to bail for some reason (everyone else dead dead dead and no rescue possible, or maybe just farming Shroud and you want out before some rude person slams the last altar)
    Yeah, I've never been able to figure out why you'd ever give WoR a spot in your spells prepare or on your hotbar. It just seems like the wrong way around; it gets you to a useless spot in the middle of nowhere in particular, so you have to spend a couple minutes to get wherever you need to go. Unless you have a burning desire to talk to Sir What's-his-face about the quest?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TuggyNE View Post
    Yeah, I've never been able to figure out why you'd ever give WoR a spot in your spells prepare or on your hotbar. It just seems like the wrong way around; it gets you to a useless spot in the middle of nowhere in particular, so you have to spend a couple minutes to get wherever you need to go. Unless you have a burning desire to talk to Sir What's-his-face about the quest?
    Yeah, I don't usually put it on the bar...it comes in handy scroll version though

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phidius View Post
    Well, not every Divine takes one of the "Faith: Basic Tenants", so I can't sign on to the idea of making multiple temples to use as targets.

But I would like the Temple of the Sovereign Hosts spruced up a bit... or maybe have "Word of Recall" return you to your bind point.

if they do not have a specific faith that they obey (which atm would be clerics out of the 2 that get as a class spell) then they should be able to go to the church that accepts all automatically (the current church) otherwise you should implement churches to the flame, the blades, the undying, vulkoor, maybe even put a grayed out one to the temple of vol! (unless your in a vampire form and you somehow were able to cast the spell)