Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is a 1st Life Human Druid EH build possible?

I have a first life human druid (32 point build) sitting at 18. I have a LR+1 heart banked in case it's needed for this... also still have me free LR on this build. He's True Neutral and has the full slew of +2 Tomes.

I leveled him blindly and pretty much ran him as a trial right when druid came out. I've been reading up on some of the current builds and I've even considered scrapping him altogether since the tomes he read were all handed down from alts who didn't need them or gained from Favor/AH cheapness.

But... I'm close enough to cap that I was thinking maybe he could just end up as an epic farmer. I don't really see much utility in the passive Druid past life feat and only maybe some flavor out the active one (melee cleric or wizard).

So... with 18 banked levels as a Neutral 32-point (& full +2 tomes) Human experiment, what would YOU do? I'd post the build as is(http://ddocrafting.info/myddo/cannith/nevish/), but trust me, the decisions were made as I went and are not great for any specific thing. I basically went with Evocation bumps and even a Necro bump (for FODs) and have played it as a caster who Flame Blade/Shields from within his AOE's whilst DOTing. The playstyle has served me fine up to post vale but I don't see it as viable in epics.

I've never played a main healer role so I don't really think that I should respec for that and jump into epics as I don't want to get people mad at me for my lack of heal experience. That being said, I could learn that role with some secondary healing if that's an option for EN-EH druids.

Self sufficient damage dealer would be nice if I could pull that off somehow but as I'm TN and don't want to drop the TPs for a realignment I don't know what to do.

Suggestions welcome... even if to say that the scrapyard is the answer.

Thanks.
    Olds
    Olds, Proud Member of The Silver Legion on Cannith
    http://www.guildmedieval.com/

Default Yo

Earth quake is one of the best spells in the game atm, imo the most effective druids r the ones who focus onn this spell. With that said they make great healers and that cold dot is pretty nasty.

But next to max wis is recommended for this
    Most ppl call me Az. Captains crew on G-land.

Cool

Yeah... I have max wiz on the current build. I'm interested in knowing how to maximize his usefulness in epics. Especially the newer stuff out in eStar that I haven't even scratched the surface of.

So if Earthquake is my gold nugget then SF/GSF Evo is the way to go? I was toying with making my heroic levels something more like 17/2/1 (rogue/ftr) for evasion and full UMD ranks to shoot for mass healing type scrolls for backup healing. I know Regen is key and losing levels of druid effect it so I could be way off base here.

Is there no benefit to UMD'ing for a Druid? What sort of ED should I be shooting for? Who's on first?

mass heal not quickened = fail, too slow, mass greater vigor and mass regen are powerful enough, can use heal(lvl 15 spell) to help if u want

SF and GSF evo is the way to go, lvl ups on wis, twis the magister and draconic +evo dc's (2 and 3, total +5)

when i was caster used sleet storm+earthquake, stay in middle(or melees fight inside the storm, grants sneak attack) and cast masses when needed

conc opp is useful

and don't expecto to have an awesome healing spellpower, druid's enhancements only give 60 positive/negative spellpower
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Well then who knows... maybe no LR is needed... since I did this off the cuff I have no planner or notes on the build. Here's my best estimate of what I did:

Human 32-pt True Neutral Druid 18

ST: 8
    DX: 8
    CN: 18
    IN: 8
    WS: 18
    CH: 8

Full +2 Tomes and all level ups into wisdom.

Feats:
    Augment Summons (swap to??)
    Empower
    Empower Healing
    Maximize
    Toughness
    SF: Necro
    SF: Evo
    GSF: Evo

Gear wise he doens't have anything to special... Upgraded Gauntlets of Eternity (for healing), Minos, Spectral Gloves, other random easy to get stuff. With standard shippies and equipment and buffs he gets up around 500HPs I believe.

I probably have the ability to swap a couple of feats if that's all that's needed to get him lined up for some usefulness in epic content.

drop augment for quicken and necro for heighten

That one place in that one state in that one country

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    mass heal not quickened = fail, too slow, mass greater vigor and mass regen are powerful enough, can use heal(lvl 15 spell) to help if u want
    <snip>

and don't expecto to have an awesome healing spellpower, druid's enhancements only give 60 positive/negative spellpower
    If you work at it druids are excellent healers, imo. Currently mine is sitting at 230 pos spell power and I'm working my way to 300. Although he's not so great for CC in EE he heals very well. The standard earthquakes mixed with water elemental's mantle of the icy soul and ice spells do just fine in EH.

The mental toughness line isn't horrible for a druid either. Don't forget you get feats at 21 and 24 as well as a stat point at 24.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    drop augment for quicken and necro for heighten
    i would drop empower for quicken, with icy spray+ both ice dots + maximize is more than enough

augment summoning is useful when soloing in EH

necro is useless

and if u can get a +3 con tome(or upgrade 2 to 3 lol) to qualify for epic toughness isn't a bad idea, depending which ed you are farming will be useful that extra 50 hp

with empower healing you get 75 positive spell power, with a 120 devotion item u'll be siting in 260 with enhancements maxed, with exalted angel 1st tier you get another 30 positive spellpower

and get healing amplification for an extra 30% (and get the spell for give the same amplification to ur hires/pets/summons)

EDIT: craft/get an evocation focus shard for an extra 2 dc to evo dc
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Quote Originally Posted by Rian View Post
    If you work at it druids are excellent healers, imo. Currently mine is sitting at 230 pos spell power and I'm working my way to 300. Although he's not so great for CC in EE he heals very well. The standard earthquakes mixed with water elemental's mantle of the icy soul and ice spells do just fine in EH.

The mental toughness line isn't horrible for a druid either. Don't forget you get feats at 21 and 24 as well as a stat point at 24.
    If I need to fill a cc role on my druid for a quest I can swap destinies and get a 53 dc earthquake, top that with mantle of the icy soul and outside of some eegh quests it performs great. (this is first life, 1 wiz and 3 sorc past lives would help incredibly) I'm also missing +3 evo item still and an alchemical item for +2 alchemical wisdom. I also only have a +4 tome. So still room to grow if I need to to get an even better dc for cc'ing.

So at a minimum, right now, it seems that consensus is that I can live with my stat distribution and just spec as a pure caster with only a few feat swaps and be a useful epic farmer on first life?

All I really need is a decent consensus on exactly what feats and destiny to head for and I'm on my way.

-Olds

Quote Originally Posted by Olds-cool View Post
    So at a minimum, right now, it seems that consensus is that I can live with my stat distribution and just spec as a pure caster with only a few feat swaps and be a useful epic farmer on first life?

All I really need is a decent consensus on exactly what feats and destiny to head for and I'm on my way.

-Olds
    I think the big thing for EE is your destiny.

Magister with the entire Evo line. And then twist in the +2 Evo from Draconic.

The Magister line gives you +3 to Evo and it has a debuff that procs at 15% that gives -10 to reflex saves.

So when in water form with "Mantle of the Icy Soul" up, you get the following Evo DC bonuses:

+3 from Magister
    +2 from Draconic
    +3 from all 3 Evo Spell Focus Feats

Mobs get:
    -4 from Water Form spell
    -10 from Magister debuff

Cast Ice Storm and Earthquake and everything in EE will be on its ass. Even as a first lifer. Your role as a EE Farmer will be CC.
    Dorian

Just go look at the Markeyx build, it's a great caster druid build.

Quote Originally Posted by yynderjohn View Post
    Just go look at the Markeyx build, it's a great caster druid build.
    I've looked at it and at least I can use it for ED ideology... but that's a 36-point build that's fairly gear intensive. I'm working a first life who is max WIS/max CON and 8s everywhere else. So if you're trying to be helpful then you're off of the mark a bit unless you are, between the lines, telling me I need to live a couple more lives and then follow that post.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    your druid gets mass heal?

i think he was referring to me trying to get UMD for scrolls... but I'm not sure.

So... I went to Fred and even though I definitely have Empower... I don't see the option to replace it.

Thus far I've swapped Necro for Quicken. The only swapable's I see in there now are the Druid forms, Augment, Emp Healing, Quicken, and SF: Evo. I haven't done a lot of swapping in the past but are there some rules that I might not be meeting?

So... I went to Fred and even though I definitely have Empower... I don't see the option to replace it.

Thus far I've swapped Necro for Quicken. The only swapable's I see in there now are the Druid forms, Augment, Emp Healing, Quicken, and SF: Evo. I haven't done a lot of swapping in the past but are there some rules that I might not be meeting?
    Fred is randomly (as far as I can tell) borked since u14, only option if he's broken for you is the free lr.

Really odd... I used the Lockania granted one for the Necro swap so I guess I'll tool around for a while and see how it feels.

I'm wondering what setting I should use as far as metas go. If I plan to mainly run around in Human or water form and intend to heal/dps should I pretty much have Emp. Healing locked on and then situationaly (i.e. per button) apply some quickens, maximizes, and the occasional uber emp/max?

I've looked at it and at least I can use it for ED ideology... but that's a 36-point build that's fairly gear intensive. I'm working a first life who is max WIS/max CON and 8s everywhere else. So if you're trying to be helpful then you're off of the mark a bit unless you are, between the lines, telling me I need to live a couple more lives and then follow that post.
    I'm running the markeyes build on a 34 pt build and had average gear prior to epic gianthold and it runs well. Seriously, try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by yynderjohn View Post
    I'm running the markeyes build on a 34 pt build and had average gear prior to epic gianthold and it runs well. Seriously, try it out.
    So again, you are suggesting that I use my free LR to beef up my CHA and go with UMD at this point?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast