Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 52 of 52
  1. #41
    Community Member AtomicMew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,816

    Default

    Well I can't do the test since I don't have the set haha. Hopefully symerith will chime in too.

  2. #42
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,466

    Default

    Hi,

    Very useful thread, thanks to all of you for posting.
    Astrican on Khyber

  3. #43
    Community Member -Zephyr-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,265

    Default

    Here's mine :

    Helm: Helm of the Black Dragon +8 con, slotted +2 insight str, +2 good luck
    Goggles: EE Dream visors slotted globe of true imperial blood
    Necklace: Shintao Cord
    Armor: Black Dragonscale Robe slotted +14 PRR
    Trinket: Litany of the dead
    Cloak: Triple earth 45 HP GS
    Belt: Epic belt of the mroranon slotted GFL (unavailible since U17)
    Ring1: Kyosho's ring (slotted Holy Burst)
    Ring2: Seal of house Avithoul +2 insightful wis
    Boots: EE Falling treads
    Gloves: Purple dragon gauntlets
    Bracers: EE Bracers of twisting shade
    Quiver: EE Quiver of Poison

    This setup is based off the asumption artifact bonuses do not stack, or that if they do, they'll be "fixed" not to later.
    Litany evens out *all* my stats, so is imo more valuable than the +1 dmg +15 PRR the planar focus gives.

    My monkcher goes into melee a lot, thus the Shintao set with Holy Burst. I also have a Verik's ring with hamp, and the Verik's necklace for boosts as swap items.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

  4. #44
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    599

    Default TS and Ghostly for that matter, is a must

    nothing, absolutely nothing is more irritating than hitting a manyshot (with fury for extra irritation) then realizing your TS in unbuffed or you don't have your ghost touch equip on. A loss of a single shot on a crit with manyshot (4 arrows) is more DPS than the Dream Visor adds during the entire quest or raid.

    My two cents.

    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    According to the testing thread, it's a 3.1% increase in 10k stars DPS per wis bracket. I don't think it's a huge loss to lose one wis bracket.

    You do have me convinced me that I should slot true seeing somewhere, but I still have a hard time giving up +5 dmg/attack from dream visors. That's just such a large bonus. I could potentially craft true seeing onto the boots slots and lose treads (-2 DEX, -1 WIS trade off for +5 dmg/attack) which seems weird but looks like a much better deal to me. What do you think?
    RTFM on Khyber

  5. #45
    Community Member AtomicMew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Machination View Post
    nothing, absolutely nothing is more irritating than hitting a manyshot (with fury for extra irritation) then realizing your TS in unbuffed or you don't have your ghost touch equip on. A loss of a single shot on a crit with manyshot (4 arrows) is more DPS than the Dream Visor adds during the entire quest or raid.

    My two cents.
    I get that point of view, but I'm a huge metagamer and so if I need TS, i'll have it scrolled ahead of time - or if I need undispellable TS, I'll have it swapped ahead of time.

    I solo EE tor several times a day usually and I know exactly which mobs I can invis past, where the best kill zones are and even where the best wind dance spots are. I plan to play my AA with the same mindset :P

  6. #46
    Community Member Blue_wizards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
    I just did the test, twice to see if I get the same result both times

    lvl25 monkcher (12/6/2)
    haste clicky + pinion + AA set = 114 arrows
    Haste clicky + pinion = 110 arrows

    I got the same result both times, then I noticed I have quiver of alacrity on so I removed it and did the test once more, and again the same result. So it looks like "to me" this isn't worth it at all, wish I tested before I crafted that min2 belt, doh!
    I have gilvanors and the only place I use it is in Fall of truth since i'm using my bow 95% of the time and attacking the same target with my bow for a long period of time. Other then that raid I do not think it is actually worth it.

    When caluculating dps you have to take actual practice into acount, "Lab" conditions are misleading. If you fire ~27 shots with gilvanors set in the same time you would only fire ~26 shots without it means very little. When fighting mobs how often do you shoot the same one 26 times b4 it dies? You will reach the hill top faster then someone with a slightly shorter stride then yours however you won't be any faster then him when climbing up stairs.

  7. #47
    Community Member Blue_wizards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    555

    Default Don't forget the monk in monkcher

    Some very nice gear setups but I haven't seen any gear setup that includes melle mode.
    When manyshot and 10k stars are on timer your dps goes down dramaticlly especially since single shots aren't worth spending adrenaline on and they generate new adrenaline charges very slowly.

    When down to single shots you are better off switching to your fists for a lot more dps. Even if your SF dc isn't high enough to land you can still use pin (twisted from shiradi) to get a mob helpless for 15 seconds (which is longer then the cooldown of said ability allowing for perma stun). Monkchers typiclly roll in Fury and Earth stance allowing for over 800hp easily, add to that some prr, dodge, blur and ghostly to receive a toon that can take some hits even on EE. No reason not to go toe to toe when your dps would be highest doing so.

    A well build monkcher twisting legendary tactics can achieve low 60's SF dc allowing one to land it rather reliably even in EE (Taking into acount high doublestrike %). If landing SF or hitting with Pin/Otto's whistler doesn't work you can allways use your adrenaline to knock a mob down and make helpless for up to 12 seconds with the "overwhelming force" ability in the fury tree. Monkchers in fury have a great ability to deal significant damage using their fists. Having said so you should have a melle setup.

    Most of my gear is static however I will swap from
    Dunrobar ring
    Mithril cloak of the wolf
    Finger necklace
    Pinion

    To
    Shintao ring
    Mithril cloak of the bear (want to get this to adamantine but it takes so much grind)
    Shintao necklace
    Antipode

    When I decide to switch to melle I ususally pick a target hit it with pin then while I close the distance I swap the melle pieces of gear (that are lined up neatly on a couple hotbars one set under the other for easy use) and start hammering.

    If you have overwhelming force (which is highly recommended) you should have either cleave or trip hotbarred so you can hit adrenaline and then use one of those moves to eliminate the pause after using adrenaline and b4 the actual punch that will use it (much like hitting cleave after using damage boost on a barbarian). Thankfully this pause doesn't exist while ranging as apposed to melle mode being annoying however it can be worked around.

  8. #48
    Community Member SoloPhalanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    I get that point of view, but I'm a huge metagamer and so if I need TS, i'll have it scrolled ahead of time - or if I need undispellable TS, I'll have it swapped ahead of time.

    I solo EE tor several times a day usually and I know exactly which mobs I can invis past, where the best kill zones are and even where the best wind dance spots are. I plan to play my AA with the same mindset :P
    Get me a +3 ins int blue helm please.

    Interesting read, looking to cap a monkcher myself! Carry on and figure it all out for me, will you?
    Quadrovault | Quadrotune | Hyperyon

  9. #49
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Gilveanor's set definitely adds to rate of fire even when hasted.
    Confirmed this personally.
    So does Fatesinger's 10% ED twist (tier 4).

    The thing to remember about any ranged boost is that it is always half of what is advertized and what it would be if it were melee.
    It was coded this way years ago and, in fact, changed from a straight increase as it was originally (having tested in 2006 with fighter haste boost).

    So don't expect a straight 10% from either the Gilveanor ring set or Fatesinger's 10%. Those are going to give 5% each but they do stack with each other above and beyond haste.

    Whether or not it's worth it is debatable as all builds are a compromise and the fit is so tight on a monkcher AA already, it's really hard to say. I use the AA set but have untwisted Fatesinger for more defenses (Energy Sheathe for FoT and Rejuvenation Cocoon). I still use Enlightenment so that I rarely have to go melee to build up Ki given that I stay in the second tier Ocean Stance for a passive Ki generation of 20ki/minute.

  10. #50
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maximus123123 View Post
    Gilveanor's set definitely adds to rate of fire even when hasted.
    Confirmed this personally.
    So does Fatesinger's 10% ED twist (tier 4).

    The thing to remember about any ranged boost is that it is always half of what is advertized and what it would be if it were melee.
    It was coded this way years ago and, in fact, changed from a straight increase as it was originally (having tested in 2006 with fighter haste boost).

    So don't expect a straight 10% from either the Gilveanor ring set or Fatesinger's 10%. Those are going to give 5% each but they do stack with each other above and beyond haste.

    Whether or not it's worth it is debatable as all builds are a compromise and the fit is so tight on a monkcher AA already, it's really hard to say. I use the AA set but have untwisted Fatesinger for more defenses (Energy Sheathe for FoT and Rejuvenation Cocoon). I still use Enlightenment so that I rarely have to go melee to build up Ki given that I stay in the second tier Ocean Stance for a passive Ki generation of 20ki/minute.
    This is one of the reasons the Pinion gives 20% alacrity bonus to ranged - actually 10% bump and haste gives 22% alacrity bonus - actually 11% bump vs 15% for melee.

    Supposedly the other 50% of the bonus is coded as "reload" time. It's a while since I read that thread.
    Varz
    Wanderlust

  11. #51
    Community Member Alternative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    1,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_wizards View Post
    I have gilvanors and the only place I use it is in Fall of truth since i'm using my bow 95% of the time and attacking the same target with my bow for a long period of time. Other then that raid I do not think it is actually worth it.

    When caluculating dps you have to take actual practice into acount, "Lab" conditions are misleading. If you fire ~27 shots with gilvanors set in the same time you would only fire ~26 shots without it means very little. When fighting mobs how often do you shoot the same one 26 times b4 it dies? You will reach the hill top faster then someone with a slightly shorter stride then yours however you won't be any faster then him when climbing up stairs.
    You seem to be for and against at the same time.

    For me it's either AA set or a wis bracket (on top of other things) not all inventory slot have to have the dps increase, survivality is important too and I chose not to waste 2 slots for a questionable dps boost.

    also log on and help me farm challenges :P

  12. #52
    Community Member Blue_wizards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
    You seem to be for and against at the same time.

    For me it's either AA set or a wis bracket (on top of other things) not all inventory slot have to have the dps increase, survivality is important too and I chose not to waste 2 slots for a questionable dps boost.

    also log on and help me farm challenges :P
    Well ya, can't completely ignore a set that increases your rate of fire. I do however think that it's usefull (over other gear) in a very limited area therefore I am not an advocate of gilvanors.

    I am away for atleast a couple more days, will be happy to do some challenges when I get back. I do want that Adi cloak of the bear done. The +1 dc for SF has the potential for a lot of group dps vs high fort mobs, would have had it allready if it wasn't such a grind to upgrade from mithril.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload