Thread: Wonk?

Question Wonk?

Pretty soon im going to be playing a wizard for my wiz past life. Would it be possible to do 12 wiz and 8 monk. Going complitionist and i find myself multiclassing more than normal so was wondering what you guys thought and wanted to see what you had in mind for a multi class wizard.

THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by aarona View Post
    Pretty soon im going to be playing a wizard for my wiz past life. Would it be possible to do 12 wiz and 8 monk. Going complitionist and i find myself multiclassing more than normal so was wondering what you guys thought and wanted to see what you had in mind for a multi class wizard.

THANKS
    What's the concept you're thinking for that mix? just taking advantage of ac or monk resilience for early leveling or?

it's not a bad build, though it could probably be optimized a touch further.

I'm assuming you'll be going wraith form for self healing. (vampire looks good on paper, but falls apart when you get hit by light damage)

6th monks level nets you ninja spy for the sneak attack, the difference between 6monk and 8monk are 2 passive feats you'll not use (wholeness and slow fall) some enhancements you won't use (healing amp), and a passive die increase.

I'd consider going for a 12/6/2, picking up

rogue levels for sneak attack, traps and haste boost.
    fighter for haste boost, 1str, 2 feats
    or paladin for amazing saves.

otherwise i'd also consider going

14/6 for better spell casting.

THANKS
    I would go WF wiz11/monk9, so you get ToD and Improved Evasion. Warforged for the self healing through repair spells. Wiz 11 is enough to get reconstruct. Keep your INT just high enough to cast spells.

Should be a really good soloing toon, with excellent self buffing/self healing capabilities.

Another melee option would be WF Wiz12/Ftr6/Rog2. A bit better distribution on stats, since you dont need to invest in WIS.

Or even another idea would be WF Wiz12/Ranger6/Rog2... and call it the Wizzarnaut...
    Last edited by jortann; 03-20-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Last-Wolf View Post
    I surrender to your wit sir, well played
    Toons on Thelanis... Bairclaw, Icemaachine, Slydawg, Tazzster

Default Game Plan

Thanks for you guys info and now that i think about it i plan to do 12wiz 6monk and 2 rog

It sounds reliable to me and i can get traps so should be ok for soloing as well

I guess the hard part for me is picking how ima lvl my character up i know ima start with rogue for their skill but dont know what to do after that?

Community Member

Thanks for you guys info and now that i think about it i plan to do 12wiz 6monk and 2 rog

It sounds reliable to me and i can get traps so should be ok for soloing as well

I guess the hard part for me is picking how ima lvl my character up i know ima start with rogue for their skill but dont know what to do after that?
    wiz as second for exp retreat and shield
    then monk for fighting style
    and then are the problems starting ^^
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Wink

Yep after the first three lvls thats were the problem starts for me

Community Member

I'm currently TR-ing 2 build that may fit your description. Another thing to add is that I solo alot.

1. WF melee WizardX/Monk6. Currently lvl 18 (Wiz12/Monk6). TWF, ninja, wizzy for buffs some some minor nuke

2. WF caster-ish WizardX/Monk2. Currently lvl 11 (Wiz9/Monk2). Max INT, force/enchant specced with some melee (THF, staff or marial two-handers with Masters Touch).

Caster-ish version (2) is better. Melee part is weaker then first version, but not by that much. Its still good enough for trash tho. The biggest difference is when it comes to survivability, 'hard' targets or boss (99% of the content?). Caster-ish version has bigger blue bar (means more repairs), can CC trash (so i don't get outnumbered), can insta-kill (only PK now, but will get better), AoE nuke better and/or DOT better. And as I said, caster-ish version can still melee to save mana or add even more damage.

When i hit 20, i'll TR both. That was the plan from the start. Its also why I experimented a little bit.

1st version will be melee Arty, because it is more Arty then Wizard. For 2nd version I wanted 3x PL:Wizard.