Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHero5 View Post
    9. Item eligibility? (THACO rules) You can count your starting armor as 'free' and we have a free mod fort item. I think the 'trapper' should be allowed as free, at level spot/search items that are found in quest. I'm still fuzzy about Heirloom myself.
    Hey guys, Had just a short time to say "Hey". Good luck on your first adventure!

Notes:
    Starting Armor should only count if it's non-magic, "battleworn". Prob just a lot easier to spend some coin. Your call.
    The "Fortification Item" as Fedora pointed out won't be usable til, like, 5th level. It is an "Administrative" item given to everyone in order to lengthen fights and give the players an edge. (WE can inflict criticals, monsters can't inflict so many)
    As far as trapping skills go, playing ELITE was the reason all priority went to Spot, Search and Disarm. Trap DC's in ELITE are generally 6 or so points higher than NORMAL, with a FEW traps a few points higher, depending on the trap. You should adventure at HARD difficulty only. In the long run, I think you will find it more fun.
    If a Rogue prioitizes Spot, Search, and Disarm (in that order), along with the Korthos Set, he should doo well in at least levels 1-3 on HARD.

Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora View Post
    Okay guys, this is my last post until tomorrow evening. So I am going to suggest we meet on Thelanis in the harbor on Sunday at 7PM near the Leaky Dinghy in order to party up and head to Korthos.

I will check this thread when I get home Sunday to see if it's a go, or if the time is bad for someone and had to be rescheduled.

7pm EST?

Quote Originally Posted by zefjoe View Post
    As Zefjoe

As far as roleplaying - As much or as little as you want. With mic's it's a little ridiculous trying to be "in character" without sounding like Shakespeare in the park. We mostly play as you would if you were playing Counterstrike or some other mic only communication. The quests are long enough without a lot of flowery verbiage.

I don't know anyone who role plays like this, not even in PnP. Some people might, but outside of some people I've seen at an SCA Festival, I've never experienced anyone trying to sound like a character in a Shakespearean play in any fantasy game I've ever role played. When most people role play they simply make game decisions 'in character' rather than the way they would actually react. Seriously, who in their right mind would wander around a sewer infested with giant spiders, zombies, and lightning tossing kobolds?

I'm fine not role playing during the game and treating it like Counterstrike or CoD, most PUGs play that way so I'm used to it.

Community Member

Guys,
    Playing at Hard Difficulty has proven to require an "Admin" Item that is purchased from the DDO store and IS allowed and will NOT be included in the Potential Limit.
    It is the "Secretive Indigo Hood" for +5 to Spot and Search.
    The minimum Spot/Search Skill for quests level 1 and 2 is 6-8. Unless a Rogue has Stat Bonuses and/or Feats or Racial bonuses, they will not be able to Spot/Search.
    Cogs has one and any character that has a Rogue Class should have it.
    If the character can not or does not want to use TP's, I can provide them with an item that is usable at levels 1-2 and is just slightly less potent. This less potent item WILL fill the bill, but the hood had been accepted as "Standard".

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    I don't know anyone who role plays like this, not even in PnP. Some people might, but outside of some people I've seen at an SCA Festival, I've never experienced anyone trying to sound like a character in a Shakespearean play in any fantasy game I've ever role played. When most people role play they simply make game decisions 'in character' rather than the way they would actually react. Seriously, who in their right mind would wander around a sewer infested with giant spiders, zombies, and lightning tossing kobolds?

I'm fine not role playing during the game and treating it like Counterstrike or CoD, most PUGs play that way so I'm used to it.
    Well you never know... some people are... uhhh... twisted like that.

Oh V will be "in character" all right, I hope she doesn't offend. She's got a bit of an "acid" wit, so to speak. Plus she's - how to put it - psychotic. With a wee bit of psycopathic OCD as far as evil... male... things... go. O.o

Default post from our 6th man...

Kierik a.k.a. our Divine Rogue (what IS his name?!) PM'd me. 7:00 EST Sunday is too early for him. He said he will be late. I think Cadrod said he is in a later time zone too?

V is available till 11:00 (only so her "cough" handler "cough") can get some sleep before work in the OMG it's not even sunup yet!!!!
    Last edited by zefjoe; 03-23-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Meant as a PM... ooops! lol

Quote Originally Posted by zefjoe View Post
    Kierik a.k.a. our Divine Rogue (what IS his name?!) PM'd me. 7:00 EST Sunday is too early for him. He said he will be late. I think Cadrod said he is in a later time zone too?

V is available till 11:00 (only so her "cough" handler "cough") can get some sleep before work in the OMG it's not even sunup yet!!!!
    So did we decide on 7pm EST or later?

So did we decide on 7pm EST or later?
    I'm okay with holding off a little, does 8PM EST sound okay? I really need to quit by 10PM, have to be up at 5AM weekday mornings.

I'm okay with holding off a little, does 8PM EST sound okay? I really need to quit by 10PM, have to be up at 5AM weekday mornings.
    either is fine with me. I'll probably be on Cadrod around 7:30 just to finish setting up my hot bars and stuff.
    Last edited by Postumus; 03-24-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Default Good First Run

THAC0 STORM had a good first run.

Percy, we missed you! Waited until 8PM and watched for you on the Guild login. Hope everything is okay!

STORM met at the Leaky Dinghy to party up and head to Korthos. Everyone got along well. Ran a couple quests on Hard to see how we would do as a group, then moved to Elite. Had 1 death in 2 quests, one was my fault. Everyone hit level 2 by 10PM when we called it a night. We still have 2 quests left in Korthos; Sacrifices and then on to Misery's Peak.

====================

The continued early success of STORM made Jedial careless. Years of training and the final cautions of his father and his Teacher were forgotten in the moment. Jedial could see that turning off the valves was blocking the protective frost that guarded the crystals. Jedial quickly turned off 4 valves, and seeing a companion on the other side of the mechanical device, assumed he had turned off the remaining valves. Taking a mighty heave at the first Crsytal, it was mid swing that he noticed the protective spray had not yet subsided. Too late! The last thing Jedial recalled was extreme cold.... so cold....

Default Learning by example, one more time...

Narcene was our first casualty, Collaborator on elite at the end. Jacoby was dead, all the sahuagin but Kiv Nerl were dead, we almost had him when he started chasing me. I ran rings around our fighters but was incapacitated before he could be killed. Then everyone is standing in a circle asking who has a heal kit, one of my all time pet peeves. I confess that even I didn't have any. I remember the good ole days when a kit would drop in the little bar chest. So there I lay, bleeding out and nothing could be done. Even the bracers of Assistance can get an incap back up.

But otherwise, a great start for another 'minimal magic' group. Looking forward to many great quests!

Originally posted by Aeryyn "I don't play this game for xp/min, I play for fun/hour. "

Had 1 death in 2 quests, one was my fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadHero5
    Narcene was our first casualty
    As punishment, we must wear t-shirts in the Leaky Dinghy during next Happy Hour that say "I'm a noob that died in Korthos".

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHero5 View Post
    So there I lay, bleeding out and nothing could be done.
    You know, in retrospect, I think if we had acted quickly one of us could have exited the quest to grab a heal kit from the general vendor and got back in time. However, as you stated, we all stood around going "Did you bring a heal kit? I don't have one, do you?"... lol

You know, in retrospect, I think if we had acted quickly one of us could have exited the quest to grab a heal kit from the general vendor and got back in time. However, as you stated, we all stood around going "Did you bring a heal kit? I don't have one, do you?"... lol
    Actually I had the bracers of aid and I tried to use them on him when he was at -3, but I mis-targeted and cast it on myself. I wasn't going to say anything since it was a lot easier to let everyone take them blame for not thinking ahead instead of me for failing the clicky.

Guess he should have taken the die-hard feat. Or more ranks in diplomacy.

Actually I had the bracers of aid and I tried to use them on him when he was at -3, but I mis-targeted and cast it on myself. I wasn't going to say anything since it was a lot easier to let everyone take them blame for not thinking ahead instead of me for failing the clicky.

Guess he should have taken the die-hard feat. Or more ranks in diplomacy.
    Haha!

Well, anyway, I think we all bought some heal kits after that. And until I hit level 7 I will be using my 1 skill point per level in heal. At level 7 I plan on grabbing Undying Call (I think that's what it's called) and I will be able to use Raise Dead. I'd take it at level 6 but I want Hunter of the Dead (for ghost touch) first.

After that all skill points go to intimidate.

Community Member

Sounds like you all had a great time. The "forgotten" healing kit adds a never before experienced excitement.
    Don't cheat yourselves by allowing re-entries.

"Remember to check your inventory before going adventuring!"

Quote Originally Posted by intruder1 View Post
    The "forgotten" healing kit adds a never before experienced excitement.
    You should try permadeath then. THAT is excitement.

Sounds like you all had a great time.
    I know I did.

Don't cheat yourselves by allowing re-entries.
    I did not know that was a rule. I thought re-entries were common, given that the "no shrine" rule caused the need to "rest" outside the quest from time to time?

Community Member

I did not know that was a rule. I thought re-entries were common, given that the "no shrine" rule caused the need to "rest" outside the quest from time to time?
    There IS a "No Re-entry" guideline, but generally if you start an adventure and "forget" something, as long as you haven't solved any encounters yet, everyone can exit and reset the instance.
    Otherwise, the situation can come up where you have a bad encounter and might figure to just "reset and start over".

That's we there is a "no ATTEMPTING a Quest more than once in a single week" guideline.
    If you have a bad time, just think like the characters would. "Darn! We didn't expect that! Maybe we should get the heck outta here and re-think and re-arm!"
    Allways base your decisions as the "characters" would decide.

You guys have your own group and even though you're in the THAC0 guild, you can choose the way you want to play.
    I expect that if you play a different style, each player will decide wether to stay in the group to play.
    Players in a specific group are expected to adhere to that groups Guidelines.

I WOULD like to see discusions about how you made out and issues with playstyles so I can compare.

Oh, I keep forgetting you're at 1st Level and without "First Aid Kits" you might need to exit the quest to heal, as is stated in the Charter. But that was generally intended for the "new" player starting out when he had to solo to reach 4th level, where the charter originally expected you to start as a group.
    See, you're rewriting the Charter with YOUR experiences.

Questions.......
    Doing Korthos Quests, is it more "Classic" to bring a First Aid Kit, or Exit the Dungeon to Heal?
    What differences in playstyle are you using?
    At Quest completion, do you find your way out or Recall?
    Has everyone switched the Treasure Focus away from Class Specific in order to receive a more random result?
    Last edited by intruder1; 03-27-2013 at 08:33 AM.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast