Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Default After Action Report

Another interesting night of adventures. There were four of us present, Vinegrune was missing. It was decided that we begin the Sharn series of quests.

So if I remember the order correctly we started with the Stand Your Ground quest on elite. Percy dutifully guarded Maxwell and kept everyone healed, while Narcene also steyed perched on the ledge to pick off the mobs spawning upstairs. Jedial and Cadrod generally guarded the front door on the lower level until toward the end when we all moved upstairs for the last couple battles. Victory was attained with no real issues arising.

Next we moved on to Dirty Laundry on elite. While there were a couple tough fights we didn't hit any major opposition that I recall. We generally made an attempt to kill casters first. Narcene was able to disable the spike trap.

Storm Reaver Fresco on elite also proved easy. We did not open any optional bank boxes, we just busted the Cannith Crystals, killed a few iron defenders and escaped to the bank area. Here our bard quickly mesmerized all but one guard, so pulling the levers was a piece of cake as well.

Bookbinder Rescue had us nervous a little bit. It is level 4, but on elite we were not sure if our level 5 rogue was up to the task on the traps without an uber magic disable device item. In that respect our worries proved unfounded. Narcene spotted and disabled every trap by using skill boost, Cadrod's heroism, and Percy's prayer. We actually cleared every room but on the second to the last room (which we accessed by the secret door) Narcene got hit with burning blood 3-4 times and died. This left us locked out of the last room, as she had already disabled the trap on that door which then means you also need to pick the lock. No one else in the group had the lock picking skill so we could not complete the quest. Had we not disabled the traps all at once, we could have tried bashing our way in (setting off the fire traps) which on elite with no evasion may well have caused a party wipe anyway.

So skipping ahead to Repossession, we ran into another glitch. We killed the dogs in the kitchen, then moved on to the pack leader and trainer in the other first floor room. What happened next is odd. Somehow after opening the door Jedial was almost immediately reduced to 2hp, however at the same time real life interrupted with a cell phone call. Before taking the call I clicked on my LOH from the hot bar, but as sometimes occurs, nothing happened. I clicked again, and again nothing happened, and then I died. So I took my phone call (which was my parents who were 500 miles from their home experiencing car trouble). When I got back apparently someone else had also died. We really have no idea how it happened, so it was called a mulligan and we restarted the quest.

Second time around was a piece of cake, with Narcene also deftly disabling every trap in the trophy room. It is most definitely nice having a trapper in the party.

As the night was getting late by now, we didn't think we had enough time for Come Out and Slay (since I think we also need to complete Bookbinder first) we decided a quick run of Depths of Despair in House D would be a good finish to the evening's quests. It was completed in quick order with no major issues that I recall. Jedial and Narcene advanced to level 6 (Cadrod and Percy were already level 6). Jedial is looking forward to earning two more action points so he can pick up "Undying Call" and our party will have "Raise Dead" capability. It means putting off "Hunter of the Dead" until level 7, but consensus was that Undying Call was better for the party.
    Last edited by Fedora1; 06-03-2013 at 02:39 PM.

Default Sorry for the wall of text!

WHY OH WHY WILL IT NOT FORMAT CORRECTLY FROM IE9? Works on Firefox from home.

EDIT - Edited post above. No longer a wall of text.
    Last edited by Fedora1; 06-03-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Angry

I'll try and edit the post from home tonight. Can't edit with IE9 either, it just spins.

EDIT - Yet I can edit from Firefox as well. Anyone else have issues with IE9? I also tried compatibility mode with no luck.
    Last edited by Fedora1; 06-03-2013 at 02:41 PM.

Default Edit test.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    I'll try and edit the post from home tonight. Can't edit with IE9 either, it just spins.

EDIT - Yet I can edit from Firefox as well. Anyone else have issues with IE9? I also tried compatibility mode with no luck. (Fricko added a test edit here
    Using IE10

Quote Originally Posted by Fricko View Post
    Using IE10
    It just spins on my IE10 edit attempt too.

Exclamation Rules Recap

Unfortunately I am unable to edit the OP since it was done under my no-longer-accessable-account-due-to-forum-change, but with all the discussions going on in the THAC0 thread regarding the Monday night group I thought it would be appropriate to recap STORM rules here. So, in no particular order, here they are:

1. Character stats are "rolled" upon character creation. The THAC0 guild leader (Intruder/Tukcc) must witness these rolls. He has the details on what to roll and what they mean.

2. Allowed races include human, dwarf, elf, half elf, drow, and halfling. Not allowed are warforged and half orc.

3. Allowed classes include everything except Monk and Artificer. Both tend to be over powered (especially at low-mid levels) and neither has the flavor of PnP D&D.

4. Highly encouraged to join the THAC0 guild, but not required. No guild buffs allowed.

5. Orignally we decided all characters begin at level 1, but as the static group advances I think it would be okay to allow those with Vet or Vet2 to create new characters at level 4 or 7 depending on where the rest of the party is at. Starting gear must still meet the magic item restriction rules.

6. Multiclassing is allowed with restrictions. Class advancement must be evenly split (no splashes). Each time you level up you must be within 2 levels of your other class(es). So 1/1/1, 2/2/2, 3/3/3, 2/2/3 are okay, as are 2/2, 2/3, 5/3. But 1/4 and 3/3/6 are not. So at end game you could be 10/10 or 7/7/6, but not 12/8 or 16/2/2.

Guys, recall rules per D&D, they differed between humans "dual class" and demi-humans "multi class". The above rule simulates very well the ruling for demi-humans, but not humans. Humans could have no more than two classes (except bards) but they advanced in ONE class, and at any point could then permanently CHANGE to ONE OTHER class, but could never then go back and level in the original class.

So one could begin as a rogue and level up to 2,3,4,6 or whatever, then change to some other class. From that point on, no more changes could be done. So whatever your second choice was, that is what you leveled up in from then on. Is anyone willing to discuss this possible rule change?

7. You can use the Auction House or pawn shops to sell items only. No purchasing of magic items is allowed.

8. You can buy any non-magic items (normal or masterwork) you need. This includes spell components (but no omnidust from the DDO store) and spell inscription materials. You may purchase bigger bags (than the freebies) but only for use in your bank, not backpack inventory. You may also purchase thieves tools from the Free Agents vendor.

9. BYOH (aka Healing)

a. Any healing wands, scrolls, or potions found are allowed, and can be carried over from quest to quest. They do not count towards any magic level restrictions. This applies to any "cure" such as blindness, disease, curse, etc.

b. Healing/cure items can be obtained from collectors provided you got the collectables from questing. No collectables (or rewards from collectables) allowed from outside sources such as AH or alts.

c. Cure LIGHT wounds potions can be purchased as a "first aid" kit from potion vendors, and this is limited to 5 per character level, up to a maximum of 20 at level 4. Begining at level 5 you can purchase cure MODERATE potions in addition, maximum 1 per character level up to level 10. After maxing out at 20 cure lights and 10 cure moderates (by L10) that's it. So hopefully you have acquired some wands, scrolls, or potions along the way - or better yet have some divines in your group. NOTE - This is the maximum you can begin a night of questing with, if you have some left from the previous week, you must take them into account with regard to maximum allowed. However, if you end up finding/saving MORE cure potions from quests, the limit does not apply. So you can either purchase UP TO the maximum allowed, including what you have from previous quests - OR - you may exceed the limit from finding and saving them from quests, but then you cannot purchase any until you fall below the limit again.

d. If you happen to accumulate 400 favor for the Silver Flame, you may buy the potions they offer (200-400pp each). This should help offset a party that is melee heavy without divines, by the time you get the favor you will be running higher level quests. The 30 second duration of the penalties involved with using these potions (-10 all ability scores and effective -9 to all saves, also 50% slow with the more potent version) is balance against over-use, especially during a fight.

10. You can only use what you find (see rule 7). No supplying your character with items or plat from alts.

Furthermore:

Magic Item Limitation Rules:

a. Using the Minimum Level of the magic item(s), a character may only carry and equip a total of the character level x 2.5 (rounded up) at the beginning of the night's adventures. So a level 1 character may only have a total of 3 magic "potential", either equipped or in his backpack (such as a main weapon equipped and a longbow in the backpack).

Example - A level 6 character (or 3/3 multiclass) can have a total of 6 x 2.5 = 9 magic "potential". This might include a ML2 weapon (such as a +1 maiming longsword), a ML2 set of armor (perhaps +2 plate), a ML1 longbow +1, and maybe +3 Ogre Power gauntlets which are ML5.

b. Wands only count as ML1 regardless of their actual ML.

c. Magic Items with no minimum level count as 1 each, such as the Korthos Items like this
    Archivist's Necklace

d. Potions do not count, but aside from the BYOH potions, you can only use potions you find in quests or get from collectors via collectables found in quests. They may be carried over from week-to-week.

e. Ammunition such as arrows and bolts do not count towards magic, but you can only use what you find (but buying normal ammunition from vendors is fine).

f. It is allowed to save items you acquire in your bank for later use when you are higher level.

g. Breakables are allowed to be used/looted (only mentioned due to original THAC0 not allowing).

11. No shrines!

12. No zerging, party stays together and works together. Strategy encouraged over racing to completion.

13. No re-entries. Finish the quest or exit the way you came in if the party becomes too weak to complete. Recalls only allowed upon quest completion.

14. If a death occurs, the party decides together whether or not to continue. Courtesy would encourage leaving the quest and trying a different one to avoid a player sitting out the quest staring at his screen. If quest is near completion, then by all means go ahead and finish it! Soulstones can be picked up and the dead character will still get XP, but no further chests after dying.

15. Have fun! It is the most important rule!

I am sure I missed some stuff. Help me out and I will edit this post so we can keep our current rules in one place!
    Last edited by Fedora1; 06-20-2013 at 05:31 AM.

Angry

Still sucky formatting! Sorry, will fix it tonight!

Okay I think I got the formatting looking better up above. STORM and Intruder please offer input on my comments in red. As decisions are made, the red portions will be removed and, if needed, added to official rules. Thanks!!
    Last edited by Fedora1; 06-05-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Community Member

I HOPE the formatting comes out all right.
    If not.....my apologies.

Opinion - Drow should be allowed as they are not over powered, nor are they too far off the flavor of
    traditional PnP D&D.

I never considered Drow because, frankly, it had to be purchased/earned and I just didn't have enough interest.
    Generally, I tried to add races ANYONE could use immediately, VIP down to F2P.
    You need to be careful what race/class you use because they can quickly overpower your party.
    Warforged, Arti's and Monks are self-explanitory.

3. Allowed classes include everything except Monk and Artificer. Both tend to be over powered (especially at low-mid levels) and neither has the flavor of PnP D&D..

Note - If I am mistaken on this let me know and I will edit. I think originally only Artificer was restricted, not positive.
    Favored Soul...def overpowered.
    Half-Elf can be used and I'm beginning to think Half-Orc MIGHT be. "Chugg" is my "test subject". Those who have seen him know who I mean.

Guys I kind of ad-libbed this rule, post if you disagree/agree.

6. Multiclassing is allowed with restrictions. Class advancement must be evenly split (no splashes). Each time you level up you must be within 1 level of your other class(es). So 1/1/1, 2/2/2, 3/3/3, 2/2/3 are okay, as are 2/2, 2/3, 5/4. But 1/3 and 3/3/1 are not. In other words, alternate evenly. So at end game you could be 10/10 or 7/7/6, but not 12/8 or 16/2/2..

Multi-class can be 2 levels apart max.

Guys, recall rules per D&D, they differed between humans "dual class" and demi-humans "multi class". The above rule simulates very well the ruling for demi-humans, but not humans. Humans could have no more than two classes (except bards) but they advanced in ONE class, and at any point could then permanently CHANGE to ONE OTHER class, but could never then go back and level in the original class.

So one could begin as a rogue and level up to 2,3,4,6 or whatever, then change to some other class. From that point on, no more changes could be done. So whatever your second choice was, that is what you leveled up in from then on. Is anyone willing to discuss this possible rule change?

It opens the door for Humans to "Splash". That's why we keep levels no more than 2 apart.
    I understand what you're saying, but it defeats the purpose.
    Hmmm.......make the minimum level, say, 6 in order to split and it might be alright.
    Just so there are no splashes.

9. BYOH - Originally this rule stated that you could purchase (and carry) up to 50 cure light wounds potions as a first aid kit. Then the pork barrels with the hams were recommended. As far as I know this rule is still in effect (the 50 potions) but has not been addressed as our static group has sufficient healing without it. However, I recommend we revisit this rule to archive for future groups that may not be made up the same as our current party.

We have eliminated ANY purchased Healing Potions and dropped the "Ham" Rations to 25.
    The Monday night group does not use either, only what can be found in a Quest, and yes, you CAN carry-over.
    Wednesday night group uses the 25 Rations.

Have we specified whether we can carry potions from one week to the next, or are they only usable during that evenings adventures in which you find them?

You can carry over.

e. What is the ruling on magic arrows/bolts? Likewise on carry over?

For simplicity......
    If you only have 1 type (ie, +1), then it's just the ML.
    If you have more than 1 type, it's the largest ML.
    You're only quantity limit is what will fit in a Quiver and the weight vs your encumberance.
    Multiple Quivers are acceptable. Just watch the total weight.

g. Breakables are allowed to be used/looted (only mentioned due to original THAC0 not allowing).

There are Magic Items in breakables! Breakables are fair game now.

14. If a death occurs, the party decides together whether or not to continue. Courtesy would encourage leaving the quest and trying a different one to avoid a player sitting out the quest staring at his screen. If quest is near completion, then by all means go ahead and finish it! Soulstones can be picked up and the dead character will still get XP, but no further chests after dying.

Currently, the standard.

Quote Originally Posted by intruder1 View Post
    I never considered Drow because, frankly, it had to be purchased/earned and I just didn't have enough interest.
    They are not hard to unlock on a single server, and they make for an interesting and fun character. The CON penalty is definitely worse than the CHA bonus, and not having the special enhancements of a half elf, nor the feats/skill bonuses of humans, makes them really a flavor class in most cases. A helf or human is almost always a better choice for most classes than a drow. For this reason I would lean toward allowing them.

Favored Soul...def overpowered.
    Half-Elf can be used and I'm beginning to think Half-Orc MIGHT be. "Chugg" is my "test subject". Those who have seen him know who I mean.

I have never played a FvS, so I'll have to take your word for it. IMO Half Orcs are OP due to tremendous strength, 2HF enhancements, topped off with the combat feat bonuses. No real disadvantages if you are going to play a fighter or barbarian. Do I like them? Heck yeah! lol

Multi-class can be 2 levels apart max.
    Ah, thanks for the clarification. I will make the change when I have a few more confirmed changes to make all at once.

Hmmm.......make the minimum level, say, 6 in order to split and it might be alright.
    Just so there are no splashes.
    I agree, that would be a good way to handle it for humans, while leaving demi-humans as per the current rules. Would definitely love to hear others in STORM chime in on this.

We have eliminated ANY purchased Healing Potions and dropped the "Ham" Rations to 25.
    I'd like to open up the BYOH rules for discussion. I'm not in favor of the "hams" being standard. It's not an urgent issue though.

Thanks for the input Intruder!

Community Member

I'd like to open up the BYOH rules for discussion. I'm not in favor of the "hams" being standard. It's not an urgent issue though.

Thanks for the input Intruder!
    It's only standard in ML1.5, not ML2.5.
    It's your choice what you do about BYOH.
    You guys might NEED it at Elite.

They are not hard to unlock on a single server, and they make for an interesting and fun character. The CON penalty is definitely worse than the CHA bonus, and not having the special enhancements of a half elf, nor the feats/skill bonuses of humans, makes them really a flavor class in most cases. A helf or human is almost always a better choice for most classes than a drow. For this reason I would lean toward allowing them.

No qualms about using Drow. Not a classic player race per core rules, but I don't care about that. The more choices the better.

I have never played a FvS, so I'll have to take your word for it.
    I don't see a FvS being any more OP than a sorcerer or a pale master. Especially if you have to roll for your stats. But I'm fine either way.

IMO Half Orcs are OP due to tremendous strength, 2HF enhancements, topped off with the combat feat bonuses. No real disadvantages if you are going to play a fighter or barbarian.

I don't think Half-Orcs are OP. They might be slightly stronger than Humans and Dwarves, but they aren't as tough or as versatile.

Half-Orcs can only get +2 more strength than Humans, and 10 fewer hit points (32 fewer if the Human takes the toughness feat twice). They get +4 more strength than Dwarves, but 2 fewer constitution, and 40 fewer hit points (20 from toughness enhancements, 20 from con). They get some nice THF enhancements, but Humans get an extra feat and Dwarves get better tactical and defensive enhancements.

I agree, that would be a good way to handle it for humans, while leaving demi-humans as per the current rules. Would definitely love to hear others in STORM chime in on this.

I would prefer sticking to 'pure' classes, or 50/50 class splits and not allow splashing for the current group.

I'm fine continuing to use hams or disallowing them altogether. To be honest I don't think I've used a ham in at least three weeks. Perhaps in a longer quest they might be helpful, but now that Percy is a radiant servant they seem pointless to me.

I do suggest we allow collectable turn-ins (if we don't already, I don't remember). That allows us the opportunity to turn in collectables for various potions that do a small amount of instant healing and also heal over time, but since they require collectables to obtain rather than plat, it is unlikely anyone would ever be able to acquire than one or two of these per session.

Also, while the other THACO groups try to figure out their death penalty, I don't think we should change ours from what it is currently: complete with dead party members, or withdraw from quest and not repeat until a later session. This group only plays for two hours a week (if everyone shows up on time), so I'd prefer that all of us are actively playing together rather than worry about death penalties.
    Last edited by Postumus; 06-06-2013 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    No qualms about using Drow. Not a classic player race per core rules, but I don't care about that. The more choices the better.

Okay that's 2 votes for Drow. I'll wait and see if anyone else has an opinion.

I don't see a FvS being any more OP than a sorcerer or a pale master. Especially if you have to roll for your stats. But I'm fine either way.

Interesting. To be honest, a search of the forums comes up with both opinions on this, either OP or not OP. Again I've never played one, so can only go by what others say.

I don't think Half-Orcs are OP. They might be slightly stronger than Humans and Dwarves, but they aren't as tough or as versatile.

Half-Orcs can only get +2 more strength than Humans, and 10 fewer hit points (32 fewer if the Human takes the toughness feat twice). They get +4 more strength than Dwarves, but 2 fewer constitution, and 40 fewer hit points (20 from toughness enhancements, 20 from con). They get some nice THF enhancements, but Humans get an extra feat and Dwarves get better tactical and defensive enhancements.

They also get orcish power attack and extra action boosts. Seriously, these guys make the best barbarians (with power rage) and excellent fighters.

I would prefer sticking to 'pure' classes, or 50/50 class splits and not allow splashing for the current group.
    So you're not in favor of the 6 level minimum on a human dual-classing?

I'm fine continuing to use hams or disallowing them altogether. To be honest I don't think I've used a ham in at least three weeks. Perhaps in a longer quest they might be helpful, but now that Percy is a radiant servant they seem pointless to me.

Agree it's not a big issue, but I think we should still lay down a ruling for future reference.

I do suggest we allow collectable turn-ins (if we don't already, I don't remember). That allows us the opportunity to turn in collectables for various potions that do a small amount of instant healing and also heal over time, but since they require collectables to obtain rather than plat, it is unlikely anyone would ever be able to acquire than one or two of these per session.

I don't recall a ruling on collectables, but I personally agree with you that it would be okay.

Also, while the other THACO groups try to figure out their death penalty, I don't think we should change ours from what it is currently: complete with dead party members, or withdraw from quest and not repeat until a later session. This group only plays for two hours a week (if everyone shows up on time), so I'd prefer that all of us are actively playing together rather than worry about death penalties.
    Completely agree.

Interesting. To be honest, a search of the forums comes up with both opinions on this, either OP or not OP. Again I've never played one, so can only go by what others say.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't think they are any more OP than sorcerers and some wizard builds. OP is a relative term though. I think all three are the easiest classes to solo DDO; however, while favored souls are easier to solo with than clerics, radiant servant clerics can be much more powerful for team oriented groups. They have fewer SPs, but better healing, get spells sooner, and the ability to turn is severely underrated in group play.

They also get orcish power attack and extra action boosts. Seriously, these guys make the best barbarians (with power rage) and excellent fighters.

Oh I agree that Half-Orcs make great melee characters (strength based monks and rogues as well), and if you are building a max strength mana sponge then they are definitely the way to go, but I don't think they are OP if you look at what they lose (vs other races) for a few extra points of strength. I think a Half-Orc would be a poor race choice for a barb for they way we play (no shrines, no pots, no ship buffs, no hirelings, found gear). A Dwarven barbarian is going to be a lot tougher, and with axe bonuses, do almost as much damage as the Half-Orc. A Half-Elf barbarian is more survivable, much easier to heal, and much more solo-capable. A human is almost as strong, much easier to heal, and much more versatile with the extra feat.

So you're not in favor of the 6 level minimum on a human dual-classing?
    Using Jedial as an example, does this mean at any time after level 6 you could choose to switch classes, permanently, and never take any more levels as a Paladin? Or could you take 6 paladin levels, 6 fighter levels, then 8 more paladin levels? How do you envision this working?

Default Rules recap...

2. Drow; I'm fine with drow, easy to unlock and while not at all trying to be exclusionary, I think that Storm is not the best way for a brand new player to start. It is difficult, and a knowledge of what you're giving up and how to compensate is important. WF, HE, and HO; don't have them but they do seem more powerful at low levels; would prefer not to have them. (Narcene has a RP aversion to WF anyway)

3. Monk and Arti, agree, too OP. FVS; don't know enough to make an informed decision. Abstain

6. Multiclassing; agree. Have not done that to any great extent. From what I have picked up on the forum, they are weaker at low level; and are more gear dependent. A forced 50/50 split seems to further weaken them. I won't do it but I won't stand in the way of experimentation.

7. Auction and by extension passing to other characters. Agree, we are self funded but found items can be passed from your Storm char, just be careful not to bring in anything from 'outside'. Money shouldn't be a concern, because we buy so little. I would like to propose 'dues' to the guild to help out with our awesome buffs (bar) and represent 'living expenses'.

9 BYOH; Hams and cure lights are not really sufficient for in combat healing. They both represent resting between battles and to enable us to finish a quest that in PnP days, we would exit, rest and reenter the next day. Either one should have a limit on use per quest. I somewhat favor cure lights on the grounds that while I have several hundred hams in the bank, a new player may not.

9b collectibles; We only use what we find in quest. If we didn't find the turn in, we shouldn't use it. And I'm lazy, I'd rather soak sp from you healers then do all the running around to get, inventory and learn to use all those pots.

Death. Agree, if close to the end and the group can finish without you, great; if slammed at the beginning, try again next week.

I will not be available on 6/9; but I will toast Storm at quest time from Key West
    Last edited by LeadHeros; 06-06-2013 at 12:17 PM.
    No Char left behind; original join date, Oct 2010

A human is almost as strong, much easier to heal,
    How is a human easier to heal? A half orc is not a warforged.

Using Jedial as an example, does this mean at any time after level 6 you could choose to switch classes, permanently, and never take any more levels as a Paladin?
    Yes, this. That is how it worked in PnP D&D.

Or could you take 6 paladin levels, 6 fighter levels, then 8 more paladin levels? How do you envision this working?
    No, once you changed classes, it is permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHeros View Post
    2. Drow; I'm fine with drow,
    That sounds like 3 votes for Drow. I think Percy and Vinnie still need to offer their votes.

6. Multiclassing; agree. Have not done that to any great extent. From what I have picked up on the forum, they are weaker at low level; and are more gear dependent. A forced 50/50 split seems to further weaken them. I won't do it but I won't stand in the way of experimentation.

Yes, I think you nailed it on the 50/50 being too weak. And of course, a 2 level splash can be too OP. So to me this creates a good balance. Demi-humans must level up alternately between classes, with no more than 2 levels difference. Not ideal power-wise, but better than forcing 50/50 and stays within the spirit of PnP D&D. Humans were treated differently in PnP than demi-humans, and this idea would reflect that style - as long as we do not allow "splashing", per Intruder's suggestion of minimum of 6 levels before changing classes, and that in reverse means if you are going to change classes you would have to do it by level 15 (for a 14/6 split). Also, in PnP a human could not have 3 classes with the exception of the bard (which was fighter/thief/bard).

7. Auction and by extension passing to other characters. Agree, we are self funded but found items can be passed from your Storm char, just be careful not to bring in anything from 'outside'. Money shouldn't be a concern, because we buy so little. I would like to propose 'dues' to the guild to help out with our awesome buffs (bar) and represent 'living expenses'.
    Agreed. You can pass items OUT of STORM to alts or friends, but nothing passing INTO STORM from the outside. You can share items within STORM of course.

Dues? Yeah, sure. No reason for Intruder to fund it all.

9 BYOH; Hams and cure lights are not really sufficient for in combat healing. They both represent resting between battles and to enable us to finish a quest that in PnP days, we would exit, rest and reenter the next day. Either one should have a limit on use per quest. I somewhat favor cure lights on the grounds that while I have several hundred hams in the bank, a new player may not.
    Agree. We'll discuss in game amongst ourselves then post some of the ideas here.

9b collectibles; We only use what we find in quest. If we didn't find the turn in, we shouldn't use it.
    Yes, only what is found.

Death. Agree, if close to the end and the group can finish without you, great; if slammed at the beginning, try again next week.
    Good, that seems to be a consensus so far.

I will not be available on 6/9; but I will toast Storm at quest time from Key West
    Trusting the weather will be clear for you.

Community Member

I agree with the comparison between FvS and Sorc. IMO, both should be disallowed for this playstyle. If I could reincarnate Kierik, I would do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Magiker View Post
    I agree with the comparison between FvS and Sorc. IMO, both should be disallowed for this playstyle. If I could reincarnate Kierik, I would do so.
    You know what's weird? On three different occasions I have tried playing a sorc, twice warforged and once human. Never could get the hang of it. Even when I rolled one up at level 7 I couldn't complete quests on solo - lower than level 7. lol

The only way I survived was by grabbing a great axe and using master's touch to kill stuff. I couldn't hit anything with my AOE spells, and I kept running out of manna before the quest was half over.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magiker View Post
    Talk to me. Better to do it sooner than later.

How is a human easier to heal? A half orc is not a warforged.
    Healing amp enhancements. Improved recovery III means a human or half-elf will get 33% more healing than a half-orc.

Yes, this. That is how it worked in PnP D&D.

No, once you changed classes, it is permanent.
    Oh, I'm fine with that. Maybe make a recommendation that you need a minimum number of levels though to prevent getting a tier 3 prestige then splashing.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast