Default Suggestion - Remove raid timer

Epic quest timers have been removed.

Raid timers should be removed as well.

It's a well known fact that video game players don't like timers.
    When I successfully complete a raid with a PUG, had a nice time and all, I wish I could do another run. Not wait 3 days and never see this group again.

Since we have now Raid Timer Bypasses, this shows Turbine doesn't care if we do the same raid 10 times in one day. The only argument against the removal of the raid timer is the money argument: Turbine will not make money selling bypasses.

With the introduction of the huge money grab that is the ASAH and the Astral Shard currency, they can at least do that for us. They care about game quality and it's not all about money.

Remove raid timers please!
    Last edited by gerardIII; 03-19-2013 at 10:06 PM.

cant remove timers. its a money source for Turbine. those of us who still play by a rule that was put in place before so much money grabbing have to wait out 3 days, while those who like to pay money or trade for to bypass the time restriction can do it as much as they want.

From a game balance standpoint, they could very easily remove raid timers, because they effectively already have, if you're willing to pay for it. There is no compelling balance reason why they can't. The reason why they won't is because they have monetized the removal of the raid timer already.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

Maybe once a year they could do a "Raid Week", no timers, no by-pass needed, just one long week of endless raids. once people get a taste for raids they will want to buy timers by-passes. Ransack a different raid every day for 7 days. just an idea to pass around. good luck and keep gaming!
    We are all lost travelers, on a journey to find that which we do not know, but it is not a prize we seek, but the road that must be taken, it is that inside us that drives us forward into the unknown.

Post Why Turbine shouldn't

I understand that bypassing raid timers is now a money grab. And quite frankly, I hate that. A lot of this game has become a money grab. But capitalism is capitalism, I respect Turbine for that.

But there is one fundamental reason why they can't remove raid timers. And that is because then they wouldn't be raids anymore. Just 12-person quests. Raids are supposed to be hard, (dare I say it) extremely challenging adventures. Tremas doesn't try to become immortal through the Sliver of Time everyday. Zawabi doesn't need help keeping control over the Demon Queen everyday. Velah doesn't take control of the Vault of Night as soon as we kill her. These things take time. The fact that we can repeat these things at all is amazing. I mean, dragons don't just respawn randomly. That's just not how things work.

Besides, Turbine is trying to make DDO as close to D&D as they can, while still having an action MMO. They have made a pretty great game, considering what they have to do to try to satisfy both needs.
    Light path Metaru
    Festivult meets the Ice Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    Dear Very Concerned Customer,
    Buy a rez cake.

Quote Originally Posted by pyntsized View Post
    I understand that bypassing raid timers is now a money grab. And quite frankly, I hate that. A lot of this game has become a money grab. But capitalism is capitalism, I respect Turbine for that.

But there is one fundamental reason why they can't remove raid timers. And that is because then they wouldn't be raids anymore. Just 12-person quests. Raids are supposed to be hard, (dare I say it) extremely challenging adventures. Tremas doesn't try to become immortal through the Sliver of Time everyday. Zawabi doesn't need help keeping control over the Demon Queen everyday. Velah doesn't take control of the Vault of Night as soon as we kill her. These things take time. The fact that we can repeat these things at all is amazing. I mean, dragons don't just respawn randomly. That's just not how things work.

Besides, Turbine is trying to make DDO as close to D&D as they can, while still having an action MMO. They have made a pretty great game, considering what they have to do to try to satisfy both needs.
    I want to live in your world. it sounds warm and fuzzy.