Default Dragon Mark of the sentenials, no longer any good?

It looks like the only thing the dragon marks do for me is hate gen when using the Epic Chimera's fang. The elemental protects are nice but I rarely use them, same with the globe of protection.

I find I do not use epic Chimera's fang much as I have better bastard swords. So I might be better off swapping those 3 dragon mark feats for other things.

Just have to decide what to use them on. Tactical feats? Other Dragon Marks?
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

Yeah, I TRed my dragon mark fighter.

The hate gen is good but I figured I'd do better without it as I can still add most of that hate gen elsewhere and the difference doesn't seem to be worth spending 3 feats and having one and only one weapon that synergizes with my build.

Before, the +10 weapon and the hate gen were pretty unique and unparallelled. Now you can those things for less investment.

I'm only at lv 5 since TRing so I can't tell yet if I'm better off but I'm glad I'm making the change.
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.

I had them. Had 2 efangs as well to use for whatever I wanted. No longer use the fangs, a Drow Bastard and Nightmare have taken their place for any and all rolls (except 1. Can't beat the fact that an Efang is naturally silver, and has a red slot but I run tod so rarely anymore it's kind of pointless)
    De'Corenai of Argonessen. If you've seen me, you know what I'm talking about.

I basically only use the fang for tanking. But with the 1000% hate ability, there is no longer any real reason to use it anymore. Honestly, I think the dragonmarks need a buff vs the weapon needing one. I almost never use the elemental resists and lets face it, the globe is worthless.
    Officer - Eternal Wrath
    Burne Level 20 Human Paladin
    Sarlona

Yup went through a lot of effort to gear my stalwart like that stopped having fun, re-rolled into a kensai again and took up tactical feats having fun with him again.

They should change glove of invulnerability to Radiant Forcefield.

I do have fun as a Stalwart Defender, just find I don't need to use my Epic fang much if at all.

So I will continue to be a SD but it now looks like I may have 3 feats to play with. Time to start researching which replacement feats would serve me best.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

I thought the main reason for sentinel dragonmarks was the extra set of intimidate enhancements they were unlocking, the "deneith intimidation."

Quote Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
    I thought the main reason for sentinel dragonmarks was the extra set of intimidate enhancements they were unlocking, the "deneith intimidation."
    And the additional +2 from the Least Dragonmark. Dropping the Dragonmarks would mean a drop of 6 intim. Not quite as big a deal on a fighter tank, but a very big deal on a paladin tank (even though the cost of 3 feats for +6 and the ability to cast some defensive buffs (mostly irrelevant/redundant on a paladin DOS) is pretty tough).

I think elraido is right. These feats need a boost. 3 feats for +6 intim and a few relatively meaningless buffs is very expensive.

I need to find another weapon to use on my pure paladin that doesn't require an exotic feat, then only use the eFang for tanking (maybe). Since intim tanking might still need the eClaw gloves (intim boost and healing amp), the hate on the eFang isn't even useful (doesn't stack). The +10 is still nice, as is the extended crit range (allowing me to drop the feat), but not nearly as nice when most other weapons were +5 or +6. I don't think many use the eChimera Crown anymore either, which was the other boost from these feats.

Might be worth dropping the top 2 tiers, which would cost -3 Intim, but the two feats could be used for other things (if you have replacement equipment).

eFang was the only reason to take dragonmarks. U14 completely obsoleted eFang.

Before that it was awesome though, yes.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

The main thing eFang w/Sentinel DMs x3 has going for it these days is consolidation of bonuses: Superior Parrying, Shatter +10, Incite +10/15/20, +50% Fortification; and Silver+Good (red augment) for DR-breaking. So I see it as a useful stepping stone while gearing up one's tank. After you have the necessary bonuses from other gear and no longer use eFang, you can LR to get rid of the Sentinel DMs.
    Last edited by unbongwah; 03-23-2013 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralDiomedes View Post
    They should change glove of invulnerability to Radiant Forcefield.
    I would die of happiness if they did this. It has to last a decent while, or if it's only like 20 seconds long give me at least 5 clicks of it.

And to what Ung said, I see your point completely with that statement. It's because of that sword most tanks will run improved sunder as their main tactic (if any) and it allows for a lot of flexibility in your gear until you eventually find better gear. It's not longer something you should base an entire build around, but for someone who wants to make a tank it's definitely the best option until you're farther up the loot ladder.

In retrospect, if I could I'd sell both of mine to some up and coming tanks just so they can get an idea of what they need I would most definitely. If they just upgraded only that chain so that it's much easier to get the gear from it, maybe just put the base item into the forge, add some tokens and maybe a couple of those little lion things and boom you have the epic version with a slightly changed name as the only actual change to them then I would gladly host runs through that chain to help nooblets out.
    De'Corenai of Argonessen. If you've seen me, you know what I'm talking about.

Oh my eFangs, how I reminisce about the days of old, tanking Epic Chronos, S+B style mixing in an intim. Now sadly I see you in my inventory and smile on those great memories but now using you is like......well taking a knife to a gun fight!

Kind of sad the only weapon that hasn't been downgraded has been eSoS: which I believe is still top DPS and it should be it takes so damn long to get a shard!
    I feel at home in the darkness, when its just me and my blades...when the hunter takes over!