Community Member

Default So...what epic content gives epic tokens/fragments?

This isn't exactly "new" player advice & guidance, but I feel like when people finally reach level 20 for the first time it would be nice to have a list of quest packs that actually give out epic tokens/fragments in the end-chest.

Until recently I assumed if you entered a quest on epic, you'd get at least fragments in the final chest, but then I ran epic gianthold and didn't get any so I'm wondering what packs I CAN run to be able to TR relatively quickly (when I don't have the TP to buy a heart)?

Packs I know grant tokens/fragments when run on epic:
    1) The "Lords of Dust Chain" (mostly fragments, can get 2 full tokens from servants of the overlord, however)
    2) House P Carnival (fragments)
    3) House D pay to play chain (Sentinels of Stormreach? I think?)
    4) Devil's Assault (don't have this pack but I know it gives tokens)
    5) Turn in epic ingredients from House C challenge pack for epic tokens/fragments

6) any others?

*EDIT*
    Once the list is "complete" based on feedback, I'll update this post with all possible packs and credit the posters for their input.
    Thanks everyone

Thanks to the wonderful advice of everyone below, the list of epic packs that drop epic tokens/fragments is: all eberron epics EXCEPT epic gianthold (for an unknown reason).
    Nothing from the Underdark because of a lore issue
    Last edited by marinerfan; 03-22-2013 at 06:46 PM.

You can add Red Fens and the Vault of Night chains to this list as well.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Any non-Gianthold Eberron Epic will drop tokens or fragments.

Vault of Night
    Menechtarun
    Carnival
    Sentinels
    Web of Chaos
    Red Fens
    Devil Assault/Chronoscope
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Community Member

If you want the Tokens real quick then Cannith Challenges is still the way to go.
    Time is Money, ~3min gives you 60 - 100 frags per run
    depending on how good you know it.
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marinerfan View Post
    Until recently I assumed if you entered a quest on epic, you'd get at least fragments in the final chest, but then I ran epic gianthold and didn't get any so I'm wondering what packs I CAN run to be able to TR relatively quickly (when I don't have the TP to buy a heart)?
    Epic and Ebberon. Beyond the bug when FR first launched, you will only ever get frags and tokens in the Ebberon setting.
    Cannith is a little different as you have to do trade ins of epic stuff to get the "items" of the Twelve as they are called now.

Baring gianthold saddly. I still think they screwed up on that. 20 tokens should be worth a HC you'd think.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Any non-Gianthold Eberron Epic will drop tokens or fragments.
    In theory.

A couple give none. And one gives 1 fragment. And the raids are only guaranteed to give raid tokens on Elite. More often than not, Hard runs have given me none.

If you have the Cannith Challenges pack then this is a great source of fragments - or you can get the loot. Some of it is very good.

Any Epics before MOTU:

Demon Sands
    Vault of Night (House K)
    Red Fens (House K)
    Carnival (House P)
    Devil's Assault (and chronoscope) (Marketplace)
    Sentinels of Stormreach (House D)
    Lords of Dust chain (Harbor)
    LoB / MA (epic raid tokens) (House C)
    Cannith Challenges (By turning in epic ingridents for tokens at the lvl 20 trader in a 300:1 ratio)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is the only party buff
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    talk about your exploits
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    DDO is not PnP. This is by design

Community Member

Thanks for the input everyone!

Why do you suppose MOTU and E-Gianthold don't give tokens or frags? It seems annoying that the new content does away with one of the perks of running epics.

MotU because the tokens are an eberron thing...it's part of the reason they were renamed from epic to token of the twelve, to tie them more closely into eberron lore.

Gianthold...um, because Turbine is [censored] [censored] bunch of [censored] [censored] [censored] their mother [censored] and they [censored] with [censored].
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Thanks for the input everyone!

Why do you suppose MOTU and E-Gianthold don't give tokens or frags? It seems annoying that the new content does away with one of the perks of running epics.
    As mentioned, MOTU is a lore issue. It's an eberron thing. As for gianthold, I wonder. I have seen a LOT of people complaining the old epics aren't relevant anymore here on the forums, no reason to run them, etc. etc. Untill they need tokens. If EGH dropped tokens, that would become true for most of the player base types who are driven purely by drops in the things they want to do. However, by not putting the tokens/fragments into the new pack, it still leaves a reason to do the old ones. Or, if you prefer the term, relevancy.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    <snip> no reason to run them, etc. etc. Untill they need tokens. If EGH dropped tokens, that would become true for most of the player base types who are driven purely by drops in the things they want to do. However, by not putting the tokens/fragments into the new pack, it still leaves a reason to do the old ones. Or, if you prefer the term, relevancy.
    So will MOTU be relevant when the new expansion comes out? I think it'd be a good idea to at least have epic drops of something equivalent to "tokens of the twelve" out in MOTU so that people may still hang out there a decent amount even after they get all their epic elite gear.

Thanks for explaining the lore issue, I guess I'm too casual a player to have thought that much about it but it does make sense.

Community Member

Thanks to the wonderful advice of everyone below, the list of epic packs that drop epic tokens/fragments is: all eberron epics EXCEPT epic gianthold (for an unknown reason).
    The most likely reason why GH doesn't drop Epic tokens is because Turbine doesn't want players to have more options for getting True Hearts.

On the lore side, one could speculate that the Twelve's interests aren't the same as the Agents of Argonnessen.

Aside, yes, there seems to be no use for Epic Raid Tokens anymore.

I think one of the reasons gianthold doesn't drop tokens is because it drops relics. Since you don't need them to flag anymore, they converted them into their own specific currency. You can use them to buy augments, which is really the only thing you can do with tokens, other than buying true hearts.

Community Member

I think Epic Gianthold didnt get tokens because either
    A: they dont know how to program tokens ( that guy left)
    B: its not the same quest arc as heroic ( different raid) and not just an epic version
    or
    C: oops, knew we forgot something, last couple of updates has been for FR content

Snitch (carnival), time is money (challenge) and Devils Assualt are the best for tokens

Good luck and keep gaming!
    We are all lost travelers, on a journey to find that which we do not know, but it is not a prize we seek, but the road that must be taken, it is that inside us that drives us forward into the unknown.

Nothing from the Underdark because of a lore issue
    It isn't an unknown reason, nor is Underdark excluded because of Lore. Dungeon Tokens, or Tokens of the Twelve as they have been rebranded, are an "old thing". As such, any Epic content before Update 14 now give them out in a rate that is a fraction of what they used to do so. And any new content the monetization people grumble about how they used to let people get True Drueic Hearts without paying for them.