Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by count_spicoli View Post
    Ya shame on turbine for this one. One of the best spslls in wizards arsenal complety useless and turbine has given any indication they are gonna fix it. Havent played my pm in almost 3 months now and sucks cuz i miss playing him.
    I'm enjoying my flyer in DCUO, my smuggler and sith in SWTOR, my conqueror in Age of Conan, my fighter in C9 and my fighter in Wizardy Online just fine, and a week of playing all those games combined I see less bugs than I see in DDO in an hour farming relics and seals.

Community Member

Some more repeatable info, this time using the hire - Olga a level 20 wizard (one druid past life, no augment summoning). I was in Exalted Angel's Astral Presences stance, but doubt that would make a difference.

Place : Kobolds New Ringleader on Normal.

Olga was wailing an average of 4 kobolds, once killed 5 including a neg level.

Never killed all six as a Level 20 wizard should (if my maths are correct) at least 73.5% (0.95^6) of the time.

Community Member

Bumping this again to note that the new bug reporting tool appears to be functional, speedy, and straightforward. I have submitted my two test cases using the new bug reporting tool and I am urging other players affected by this issue to do the same. Thank you.

Community Member

Wail of Banshee is still not working correctly as easily tested using the Black Loch scenario described on page one of this thread.

I just stepped in to EE Loch, pw:stunned the first skirmisher, stood right next to him, and wailed:

(Combat): You are affected by your wail of the banshee.
    (Combat): Nearby foes will spontaneously die.
    (Combat): you hit Blood Tide Skirmisher with Enervation.
    (Combat): Your wail of the banshee effect has been removed from you

What I expect to see is three Wail ticks hitting this guy for three enervations, or although the odds are against it, seeing him die on one of the ticks. What I got for my three ticks was one single enervation both in combat log and visibly on screen. Of course I can't tell if the issue is Wail not properly selecting in range enemies (ignoring enemies it already affected?), Wail ticks simply not firing at all, or something else.

This is the simplest possible test of basic Wail functionality that I can think of. Is it not possible for a Turbine rep to try this test, verify the results, and then initiate a fix so that at minimum Wail really does tick three times and affect two in range enemies on each tick as the spell description states? Please get us at least that far back to what the spell did previously.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hit_fido View Post
    Wail of Banshee is still not working correctly as easily tested using the Black Loch scenario described on page one of this thread.

I just stepped in to EE Loch, pw:stunned the first skirmisher, stood right next to him, and wailed:

(Combat): You are affected by your wail of the banshee.
    (Combat): Nearby foes will spontaneously die.
    (Combat): you hit Blood Tide Skirmisher with Enervation.
    (Combat): Your wail of the banshee effect has been removed from you

What I expect to see is three Wail ticks hitting this guy for three enervations, or although the odds are against it, seeing him die on one of the ticks. What I got for my three ticks was one single enervation both in combat log and visibly on screen. Of course I can't tell if the issue is Wail not properly selecting in range enemies (ignoring enemies it already affected?), Wail ticks simply not firing at all, or something else.

This is the simplest possible test of basic Wail functionality that I can think of. Is it not possible for a Turbine rep to try this test, verify the results, and then initiate a fix so that at minimum Wail really does tick three times and affect two in range enemies on each tick as the spell description states? Please get us at least that far back to what the spell did previously.
    Very good work. I hope wail, DC-casting in EE, and spell-power issues are resolved before I get to my end life.
    "So maybe it's about time we all get a reality check and realize that if you raid, run epics, and have capped toons and worry about ED's TR's and all that jazz, you are a small part of the population of this game, a very small part in fact." -- Ungood

Community Member

After 5+ months of Wail not working correctly...

Retested on live, and as of U19 it appears to be back to functioning as described in the spell description. Both test cases are firing off for me just fine. The EE skirmisher enervates or dies on every tick. I tried it a few times and didn't see any targeting failures whereas before it as common to see only one enervate and nothing else. Sewer dogs are the same - seeing no obvious targeting failure.

Didn't try it in "real action" yet... but so far it's a noticeable difference from pre U19 broken state.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12