Community Member

Default Ivy Wraps and Quivering Palm

Am I correct that, as I get crits with Ivy Wraps (level 15 version right now), which reduces my target's CON score, that I am also lowering their Fortitude save against Quivering Palm?

Or does the target's CON score have nothing to do with QP's success rate? It does seem that casters and weaker enemies fall to it more than big guys, but that may just be a false perception on my part.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by stefferweffer View Post
    Am I correct that, as I get crits with Ivy Wraps (level 15 version right now), which reduces my target's CON score, that I am also lowering their Fortitude save against Quivering Palm?

Or does the target's CON score have nothing to do with QP's success rate? It does seem that casters and weaker enemies fall to it more than big guys, but that may just be a false perception on my part.

Thanks.
    Yes, QP is a fort save, so reducing con would lower their save.

You are correct. In most cases any ability damage you inflict won't make much of a difference as the target will have already expired from HP damage. Red and Purple named bosses are either partially or fully immune to the effect.

This DDOWiki entry will explain it in detail.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by stefferweffer View Post

Thanks.
    Yes, for every 2 points of con damage you deal, you lower their fortitude save by 1.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneArcher52689 View Post
    Yes, for every 2 points of con damage you deal, you lower their fortitude save by 1.
    This, though I seem to remember reading somewhere that mobs seem to have a hard cap on stat damage on (it was either Elite or Epic, I forget which). I know that Mrcow posted something on it at some point and since the guy's like an encyclopedia when it comes to this stuff and almost never wrong I'm inclined to believe him. I'll see if I can find the post, just to make sure I'm not mis-remembering (always a possibility).