Default Wail really working as intended?

I see numerous posts of how completely broken wail is. And since my completionist now are at 18 again as a palemaster i get confused, because posters are all right.

1. Often it do nothing at all.
    2. Sometimes 1-2 may die during all pulses or some be drained.

This is told alot of on forums but i do not see it acknowledged in known issues?

1. Does that mean it isnt on Schedule even to be fixed?

My gut reaction is to TR directly at 20, be a palemaster wo a working wail seems.... Well had i known i had been 2 monk 18 wf archmage "ofcourse".

We have so few lvl 9 spells, be sure they work as intended!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted to be a demigod, instead im a sad joke that can fod 1 every few seconds. CRYYYYYYYYYYYY

/sad

(tinfoil hat on, ok i have to pay Points for Another TR i understand kthxbye)

Community Member

Did a CitW (EN) and a DQ1 (EH) last night and in CitW both Wail and Consume were not really hitting much if anything, DC 56 wail, 62 Consume. In DQ1 they were still a little sketchy but generally hit things.

Aside from undead/deathwarded mobs, which I was able to account for, the most obvious difference between the two is the terrain in CitW is much rougher, and in DQ1 I was primarily alone with no PCs in the wing I was in.

Be nice if it would get fixed. At least I can cast hold monster mass again so my wizard isn't being robbed of the majority o it's big spells.

Would also be nice if they'd fix the chat box so I could type in party/guild/channel chat without clicking and swinging a hundred times breaking shrine rests, monk meditation, eveningstar mustering etc.

Quote Originally Posted by oweieie View Post
    Would also be nice if they'd fix the chat box so I could type in party/guild/channel chat without clicking and swinging a hundred times breaking shrine rests, monk meditation, eveningstar mustering etc.
    I've got in the habit of using the slash key followed by a backspace. That activates the chat window reliably. Hope they fix this soon, its still annoying, but much less so that trying to use the mouse to activate chat.
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

Yeah wail is not WAI from what I have gathered from the forums including my thread about PM's it would seem that they cannot recreate the effect we are talking about on the boards yet.

Its aggravating to say the least that one of the few useful level 9 spells is not working correctly. And that we will be getting another 3 levels in a future update and this will still probably be borked. A level 28 wail should be terrifyingly affective but I have a bad feeling it wont be
    Kalari-Lost Legions resident Drunking Gaming Diva!
    Im not bad Im morally Obtuse...
    *Enter my Den..*/*Live RPG fun on Skype*

It's simple:

Turbine uses different code on their internal server, and Wail is working properly there.

Since it works fine from what they see, they do not believe us when we tell them that it doesn't work right on live.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

While I don't necessarily know that this is the case *for this issue*, it's important to remember that the Turbine folks have commented a few times that things don't go on the known issues list when *they know there's a bug*, but when *they no longer need additional bug reports to understand the problem*. Bugs they haven't completely cracked yet wouldn't go on the known issues list, because additional bug reports can provide helpful information in debugging.
    The Brotherhood of BYOH--Thelanis: Charged, WF Artificer; Venomshade, Half-Elf Monk; Poxs, Fist of an Angry God; Crash, Pale Monkster

Community Member
    still fighting the unending armies of shavarath

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    It's simple:

Turbine uses different code on their internal server, and Wail is working properly there.

Since it works fine from what they see, they do not believe us when we tell them that it doesn't work right on live.

Eladrin is working on it. And yes he believes us, he only said that he was trying to recreate it internally because his troubleshooting tools are focused on the internal build.

He also commented that the internal build was (at the time) at u18 and couldn't re-create the problem. So it's possible wail is working for u18. On the other hand, it is entirely possible that it will be broken for when the build hits live.

The devs listen to us. It just takes time to squish some of these bugs and test.

For now, finger, power word kill, and circle of death until wail gets fixed.

...J
    Thelanis: HoeLee, Rasminder, Cerinah, Arlinah, Shrenn, Rowkhan, Paladonis - Jakburton's Porkchop Express (now hiring)

Sarlona: Aingell of Death, KimberLee, Soullaris the Divine, Bendyr - The Order of Cygnus

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamnJD View Post
    Eladrin is working on it. And yes he believes us, he only said that he was trying to recreate it internally because his troubleshooting tools are focused on the internal build.

He also commented that the internal build was (at the time) at u18 and couldn't re-create the problem. So it's possible wail is working for u18. On the other hand, it is entirely possible that it will be broken for when the build hits live.

The devs listen to us. It just takes time to squish some of these bugs and test.

For now, finger, power word kill, and circle of death until wail gets fixed.

...J
    They may listen to us but dont give a damn about what we say.
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    I've got in the habit of using the slash key followed by a backspace. That activates the chat window reliably.
    So does hitting ENTER and then typing. One less keystroke.
    I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just gonna ask 'em where they're going and hook up with 'em later on - Mitch Hedberg
    Silverweb - Silverwren - Silverware - Daydream - Dubbelklik

Community Member

This issue reminds exactly of the completely broken melee game play with U11; players were just about universally agreed that a major change had occurred and melee and especially melee tactics (stun, trip, etc) were messed up to the point of being unplayable.

The initial response was the same, basically, we're not seeing it here. Some days and number of threads and pages later it was finally acknowledged, perhaps after a couple videos were posted of the broken mechanic that helped prove/demonstrate the issue. I seem to recall a similar explanation about out of sync builds or so on.

Point being... once again we have to ask to have the situation on the live servers we all play on examined so devs can see what we see - not debug on live, not gather metrics on live, but just get on the same page as players and what we see. It's so obvious to players, yet getting acknowledgement again feels like pulling teeth.

Very disappointing that this fix likely will be left for U18 when it should have been corrected in the first *patch*.