Community Member

Default Beware AH Bidding.

Hi all,
    I just wanted to let people know you can absolutly lose a bunch of your Plat using the bid function on the AH. Tonight I placed a bid on a lvl 11 belt that was open for bid no prior bids at 4k plat. As soon as I placed the bid it took 105k plat from me and I am still the one and only bidder on this 4k belt. I put in a ticket and the GM said they could not do anything to help me. So just be warned, if you bid on AH items you could suffer like I did and bid 26+ times the bid amount just like that and the GM could care less.

Community Member

did you have the wrong item selected?

i know the ui did have a previous bug that would allow you to bid on one item while clicking on the image of another item, that the ah window wouldn't change the focus and make you bid on the previous one selected.

as always be cautious with the ah and when you go to make a bid and buyout

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by OpNazzz View Post
    Hi all,
    I just wanted to let people know you can absolutly lose a bunch of your Plat using the bid function on the AH. Tonight I placed a bid on a lvl 11 belt that was open for bid no prior bids at 4k plat. As soon as I placed the bid it took 105k plat from me and I am still the one and only bidder on this 4k belt. I put in a ticket and the GM said they could not do anything to help me. So just be warned, if you bid on AH items you could suffer like I did and bid 26+ times the bid amount just like that and the GM could care less.
    the fellow-gamer in me says: This is horrible and I hope that they find and fix the bug soon, and that you get your pp back.

The cynic in me asks: Is this a post by a turbine worker ant put on the forums in order to scare people away from the traditional AH and towards the new and more revenue generating ASAH?
    boo-tai jung-tzahng-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We love fansites!
    <*cough*B.S.*cough*>
    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    There will be bugs!

More defrauding. Great.

Maybe you could spend a couple of extra Daily Dice clicks to get some of that platinum back.
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

Default Hummmm

Quote Originally Posted by Pape_27 View Post
    Is this a post by a turbine worker ant put on the forums in order to scare people away from the traditional AH and towards the new and more revenue generating ASAH?
    Does Sound Odd
    Its mind over matter It doesn't matter, If I don't mind -- Always use LOADED dice.

Sounds like Kundarak needed a bailout. In all seriouness I lost a ton of plat on a buyout the AH this morning. Not sure how much but I lost quite a bit. Did not put in a ticket.

Sounds like Kundarak needed a bailout. In all seriouness I lost a ton of plat on a buyout the AH this morning. Not sure how much but I lost quite a bit. Did not put in a ticket.

Community Member adam1oftheround's Avatar

Angry Same Experience

This is a known issue.

I noticed if you look at an item with a minimum bid of 1.5mil plat then switch to looking at a 2k plat item and click bid, the bid amount will not have changed. So you placed the minimum bid of the item you were looking at previously for the item that you have moved on to.

Work around, click the bid amount in the auction window to change the bid amount, or change the amount by entering the number you desire.

Desired fix: Have the minimum bid update whenever a new item is selected so we are not getting over charged as a matter of routine.

* This is not as bad as things used to be. They used to have the buy-out button close to the next page button, and I often found myself buying out the 1.5 mil plat item that I did not even want in one mis-click.