So I'm pretty new to epic destinies and don't fully grasp what I can and can't do with them. Since Turbine has helpfully made it impossible to reset them should I screw up, I'm kinda nervous about doing exactly that. From what I understand, a character can max out two trees, but no more than that. Is this accurate?

If so, how much from each tree is active at any given moment? I've heard people talking about being "in" a destiny like its a stance you go into and out of. I was hoping that the passive effects from Unyielding Sentinel would be functional at all times whether I'm currently using my original Grandmaster of Flowers abilities or not. I was also hoping I could combine US stances with Monk stances.

I REALLY wanted to be able to twist in some pet buffs from Primal Avatar, but I'm not sure that's possible from what I've been reading. I don't even want to think about what I'd have to do to get ahold of the Grand Summoner ability of Magisters.

Right now I have the default level of GMoF, level one of Dance of Flowers, and an unlocked Twist slot with nothing to put in it and no clue where to go from here.