Default Simple Start Rogue build

I just came back to DDO after about a year ( broke my hand, couldn't play for 2 months or so and lost interest after till now).
    I still have my 2nd life WF Arti, at lvl 17, with suboptimal gear so it isn't that great. Thus I feel that starting with my WF again would be a bad start. Doubted for a while between making a WF pally of the like or making a rogue thus I have come here.
    I am looking for a rogue build, 32 point buy, that I could start with that isn't to gear intensive to start with. Although I have some stuff from my Arti of course. I saw the sockpupper build and Master assasin (STR & INT based respectivly) But I don't know what I should do. Futhermore these guides only list their gear towards 20 (and 25 with I should also achieve on my Arti but as said I need a comeback first). Any tips / tricks / builds and gear suggestions for me?
    (Note, I have pretty much everything unlocked.)
    Living in the Twilight, Under the Moon

Quote Originally Posted by Zeronic View Post
    I just came back to DDO after about a year ( broke my hand, couldn't play for 2 months or so and lost interest after till now).
    I still have my 2nd life WF Arti, at lvl 17, with suboptimal gear so it isn't that great. Thus I feel that starting with my WF again would be a bad start. Doubted for a while between making a WF pally of the like or making a rogue thus I have come here.
    I am looking for a rogue build, 32 point buy, that I could start with that isn't to gear intensive to start with. Although I have some stuff from my Arti of course. I saw the sockpupper build and Master assasin (STR & INT based respectivly) But I don't know what I should do. Futhermore these guides only list their gear towards 20 (and 25 with I should also achieve on my Arti but as said I need a comeback first). Any tips / tricks / builds and gear suggestions for me?
    (Note, I have pretty much everything unlocked.)
    my rogue is my favorite character, however it is the most gear intensive character I have. Rogues need to find spots for pretty much every stat, as well as hit point items (gfl, shroud if you have the ingr), heavy fort, gear swaps for traps, sneak attack damage boosts etc. A wf paladin would be a much easier character to minimally gear and play while shaking off the rust imo.
    AoK - Sasi Jdollar Jonnydrama Hawtty Megah

Community Member

Rogues suffer from solo play, simply because getting in the sneak attack damage is tougher (You can only bluff so quickly!)

The gear doesn't make a rogue, no matter what you're told. In fact, Rogues for fun are less gear dependant than other classes, provided you are not playing on your own. Because Sneak attack damage is such a high % of your outgoing (as a dex or int based rogue it'll be over 50%) it's more important to play right, hide behind someone else and damage half-dead mobs, bluff a caster in it's face to kill it quickly etc)

The only thing you'll suffer on is if you dont have a +Search and Disable Device item for traps once the difficulty is hard or above. The marketplace is great for getting those every couple of levels for a few k platinum (if you're paying over 5k for one it's a rip off!).

When your UMD is high enough, remember to carry scrolls/wands for fancy stuff like healing or invisibility.
    But don't fret over gear, other than a search and disable device item you can buy from the marketplace every few levels you wont be so reliant on gear (certainly no more than other classes).

Mixed feelings I hear. I have some Disable device stuff etc from my arti so I could tranfer or make that. Still leaves me with a build. What should I go for?
    Living in the Twilight, Under the Moon