Community Member

Default Need a build to play again DDO

Hello all guys, been a while since i last played DDO. It was short after Update 16 i think, so you can imagine how my toons are extremely useless now.
    The amount of data and information I've tried to collect is overwhelming, and i can't even think to anything near a decent build because everything is so messed up. Can any of you guys help me?
    My 2 main toons are a Wizard, Pale Master with lots of - back in my days - good gear, and a Barbarian that i TR twice just for building something in the endgame.
    I'm not looking for anything spectacular, just something to play the game, questing, raiding and collect exp and items to build, in the end, a good character.
    Please if you can, post a build or a link to something since i'm really eager to get into this game again.
    TY all

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tacrius View Post
    Hello all guys, been a while since i last played DDO. It was short after Update 16 i think, so you can imagine how my toons are extremely useless now.
    The amount of data and information I've tried to collect is overwhelming, and i can't even think to anything near a decent build because everything is so messed up. Can any of you guys help me?
    My 2 main toons are a Wizard, Pale Master with lots of - back in my days - good gear, and a Barbarian that i TR twice just for building something in the endgame.
    I'm not looking for anything spectacular, just something to play the game, questing, raiding and collect exp and items to build, in the end, a good character.
    Please if you can, post a build or a link to something since i'm really eager to get into this game again.
    TY all
    Check this post: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5457128
    also Paladins are very good meeles right now, if want to do a caster requires a bit more gear but can use shiradi destiny while farming the gear for your dc's.

Welcome back to DDO. While you were gone you might have acquired some goodies from Turbine. Do you have raiders boxes? +20 heart of wood? What class split, race and level are your old toons? What tomes do you have (they stay with you for ever once using them now)?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_slayer View Post
    Welcome back to DDO. While you were gone you might have acquired some goodies from Turbine. Do you have raiders boxes? +20 heart of wood? What class split, race and level are your old toons? What tomes do you have (they stay with you for ever once using them now)?
    Thank yoU!
    I have a couple of raiders boxes, but also 120+ tokens for true druidic heart of wood. My main toon is a wizard pale master, level 25, with 2 twist of fate unlocked, 20 wiz/5 epic, human, with the same past life. On him i've got +3 tome of dex, cos and cha, +4 tome of int, and +2 tome of wis.

The other one is a Half-Orc 20 Barbarian/3 Epic, Frenzied Berseker, only maxed fury of the wild, 1 past life as paladin, and 1 past life as barbarian. +2 tome on all stats, except +3 str tome. The second one is also poor geared.
    Of course i've got a share bank so i can pass the heart of wood easly.

If you need any other information i'm ready

Edit: just checked my bank, i have +4 tomes for str, dex and cha
    Last edited by Tacrius; 10-30-2014 at 05:54 AM.

As Elcagador mentioned Paladins have come back in a big way as melee dps. My advise would to be Do a straight TR of your barbarian and find a good melee build that suits your preferred style, (barbarians are kinda lame atm and will continue to be so until u24) The wizard however is in luck, you should find that you have a free +0 Lesser heart of wood, this will let you do a re-spec to adjust for recent updates. Pure wizards are still a very viable build, Consider transmutation and necromancy as focuses as these will stand you in good stead for the newer content.