Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Symerith View Post
    2. I made a second change which only applies to players having the completionist feat available, and I am playing a 14 paladin / 4 ranger / 2 monk which has +4 damage & saves over the 15/3/2 split.

LEVELING ORDER & FEATS
    1. M: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Power Attack
    2. M: Toughness (Evasion)
    3. R: Cleave, FE: Giants (Bow Strength)
    4. R: (Rapid Shot)
    5. P
    6. P: Great Cleave, (Divine Grace)
    7-8. P
    9. P: Quicken
    10-11. P
    12. P: Manyshot
    13-14. P
    15. P: Improved Critical: Slashing
    16-17. P
    18. P: Improved Critical: Ranged
    19. P
    20. M: Light Path
    21-25. Overwhelming Critical, Completionist/Empower Healing
    This looks like a fun build!

My question is: which feat do you take at lvl3 if you go 14/4/2? Your feat list includes Precise Shot, which is free for taking the fourth level of Ranger. That frees up a feat slot to take Improved Precise Shot later on but I haven't figured out a way to rearrange the feats to do so since many have BAB (Great Cleave, Manyshot, Improved Crit) or level (Empower Healing, Quicken) requirements; Power Attack, Toughness, Point Blank Shot, and Cleave can all be taken at lvl1 and lvl2 on a Human and none of the other feats I see on your list can be taken at lvl3 and it only makes optimal sense to take Power Attack and Toughness during the Monk levels (and PA is a pre-req for the Cleave/GC/OC line). What did you take there? Also, I'm not a Completionist so that is not an option for me. If none of the listed feats work, which would you add to the list for flavor? I'm not impressed by the choices lol.

Thanks for your time!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanks View Post
    This looks like a fun build!

My question is: which feat do you take at lvl3 if you go 14/4/2? Your feat list includes Precise Shot, which is free for taking the fourth level of Ranger. That frees up a feat slot to take Improved Precise Shot later on but I haven't figured out a way to rearrange the feats to do so since many have BAB (Great Cleave, Manyshot, Improved Crit) or level (Empower Healing, Quicken) requirements; Power Attack, Toughness, Point Blank Shot, and Cleave can all be taken at lvl1 and lvl2 on a Human and none of the other feats I see on your list can be taken at lvl3 and it only makes optimal sense to take Power Attack and Toughness during the Monk levels (and PA is a pre-req for the Cleave/GC/OC line). What did you take there? Also, I'm not a Completionist so that is not an option for me. If none of the listed feats work, which would you add to the list for flavor? I'm not impressed by the choices lol.

Thanks for your time!
    I did the same build on my char, not have completionist too. I got basic THF feat at lv 3.

Community Member

Any suggestions on adapting this build to a Bladeforged?

Default Bladeforged

Quote Originally Posted by RumbIe View Post
    Any suggestions on adapting this build to a Bladeforged?
    I would say that it is doable, but you would lose ONE feat, which would probably be Empower Healing.

However, why not just build a Juggernaught if going WF?

B
    Formerly known as Battlehawke until 5/9/2013 when a great storm came through (several weeks after the forum changes btw) and "Poof" Everything went away. ......Thanks Turbine....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cynning View Post
    I would say that it is doable, but you would lose ONE feat, which would probably be Empower Healing.
    Lose empower heal, past lives, + atrocious toaster ( even worse for bladeforged) hjealing penalty = there goes the idea of self sufficient EE melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    Lose empower heal, past lives, + atrocious toaster ( even worse for bladeforged) hjealing penalty = there goes the idea of self sufficient EE melee.
    Agreed.

Don't build WF ever if you intend on being kept alive by divine healing.

is this build still viable in current updates/patches? Old player returning and this looks like an amazing build
    Kalda-Blitz; Kaldax-Tr'd Wiz; Burntz- 16/2/2 Sorc/Pal/Monk; Kaldawn- 4 ranger

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dented22 View Post
    is this build still viable in current updates/patches? Old player returning and this looks like an amazing build
    It still works

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Agreed.

Don't build WF ever if you intend on being kept alive by divine healing.
    I think that is a bit extreme, since bumping 50% base to 80% base is cheap and getting 30% + 20% on items isn't terribly hard either, so 130% minimum heal amp on WF is totally acceptable imo
    Happy now, you crush kobold dreams?

Stranger than Fiction on Argonnessen
    Tangere - Diroctive - Kendrio - Leucocyte - Merkadist - Perpetuate - Razorbot

Quote Originally Posted by Diroctive View Post
    I think that is a bit extreme, since bumping 50% base to 80% base is cheap and getting 30% + 20% on items isn't terribly hard either, so 130% minimum heal amp on WF is totally acceptable imo
    No, it's not. If you're plan is to keep yourself alive with low-powered cures you need as much amp as possible and the WF penalties kill the effectiveness.

Community Member

I'm not saying I would want to do this but keep in mind that bladeforged paladins get repair serious damage as a spell choice. They could repair rather than curing and therefore not need healing amp for self-healing purposes.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    I'm not saying I would want to do this but keep in mind that bladeforged paladins get repair serious damage as a spell choice. They could repair rather than curing and therefore not need healing amp for self-healing purposes.
    There are good ideas . . . and then there is this one

I kid . . . I kid.

Serious question . . . how strong of a repair can bladeforged get? if specced as best possible what are you looking at?

Community Member

Serious question . . . how strong of a repair can bladeforged get? if specced as best possible what are you looking at?
    Recon on toaster sorc/wiz is ~ 500 with, 100 enhancement, 114 recon+25 ish implement.
    Pallies or bladeforged don't get recon enhancements ( at least I think ), there is max 108 on accessories, probably best to slot recon in red slot in weapon. So that's 350 ?

Maximized repair serious is something laughable like ~ 200.

Bard/rog Scroll hits good fleshie for 500, renewal/burst heals any fleshie to full, non emp hjealed mass heal hits fleshy with 20, 30 amp for 900.
    Sure you know the answer :P

Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    Recon on toaster sorc/wiz is ~ 500 with, 100 enhancement, 114 recon+25 ish implement.
    Pallies or bladeforged don't get recon enhancements ( at least I think ), there is max 108 on accessories, probably best to slot recon in red slot in weapon. So that's 350 ?

Maximized repair serious is something laughable like ~ 200.

Bard/rog Scroll hits good fleshie for 500, renewal/burst heals any fleshie to full, non emp hjealed mass heal hits fleshy with 20, 30 amp for 900.
    Sure you know the answer :P
    So it sucks and this whole thing is a n00b-trap?

(talking about Bladeforged melees, not the OP's build. Didn't want to hijack)

Community Member

Again, not saying it comes even close to heal spells but best bet for a bladeforged wanting to self-repair would be to go with the ring from cannith challenges. It's not 120 repair or even 108 repair but it has slots and superior repair lore to boot (as well as the recon procs). Maximize would be 150 boost. So the ring + maximize on repair serious would be 240 spell power on a 31.5 average spell so about 107 on average before crits. Crits would be 12% of the time for double damage bringing total average w/ crits to about 120 for 37sp's (before any reductions you might have from gear). So yeah, fairly laughable but something.

Other option - and the one that makes more sense - would be to just use it for quick hits to top off and leave maximize off. Average there would be about 60 repaired before crits, about 67 when you figure in crits, for 12sp's a pop.

Whether that's enough to make up for a lack of healing amp or enough to handle all your healing needs would depend on what you're running. It's clearly not as good as a fleshy's healing but whether it would suffice is another question altogether.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Community Member

So it sucks and this whole thing is a n00b-trap?

(talking about Bladeforged melees, not the OP's build. Didn't want to hijack)
    Suck depends on what you're running. It works out amazingly well for my kid that just runs Heroic Normal, sometimes Heroic Elite grouped with me. He's crushing that type of content and while of course forum vets will say, "we all crush that" he's 9 years old and does need a decent self-healing build to crush Heroic Normal. I'd assume that the damage on very difficult Heroic Elites and possibly Epic Normal would outstrip the repair ability on a bladeforged paladin but that would depend on a lot of factors (defense, quest run, etc) that makes it hard to determine exactly how far you could push it.

Come U19 we'll also see some form of an SLA to provide reconstruct as well. That will greatly effect what bladeforged paladins can accomplish through self-repair. I'd also expect to see a lot more option as far as repair amplification goes.

Founder

My bf 14 pal 1 wiz started off doing 75-94 with repair crit and the starter equipment. They get repair crit as a level 4 spell.

Default pyrene

I would think that if you wanted to make this work with a bladedorged that you would just go Juggernaut. If you can't go Juggle because you don't have Artie or Monk then think from the Ground up. Ultimately you need Manyshot and some more feats. A poor mans Juggernaut would probably be 16 Blade/2Ftr/2 Rgr. You would lose Evasion and Artie Buffs . If invested in Charisma enough your saves would be high enough to keep you very safe in EE content. You could Gain a serious amount of PRR through Admantine Plating which helps tremendously in EE content. I would maybe even consider 12 Pally/6Ftr/2Rgr for access to more Feats.

You will need access to some serious tomes right away as well.
    Last edited by Cynning; 06-26-2013 at 11:29 AM.
    Formerly known as Battlehawke until 5/9/2013 when a great storm came through (several weeks after the forum changes btw) and "Poof" Everything went away. ......Thanks Turbine....

Quote Originally Posted by Cynning View Post
    I would think that if you wanted to make this work with a bladedorged that you would just go Juggernaut. If you can't go Juggle because you don't have Artie or Monk then think from the Ground up. Ultimately you need Manyshot and some more feats. A poor mans Juggernaut would probably be 16 Blade/2Ftr/2 Rgr. You would lose Evasion and Artie Buffs . If invested in Charisma enough your saves would be high enough to keep you very safe in EE content. You could Gain a serious amount of PRR through Admantine Plating which helps tremendously in EE content. I would maybe even consider 12 Pally/6Ftr/2Rgr for access to more Feats.

You will need access to some serious tomes right away as well.
    Well one of the main draws of paladin levels is hitting the 14 or 15 mark for two level 4 spells. Without that, you're better off with some other build I think. A level of wizard for repair spellpower is a nice touch from one of the above posters. 17 bladeforged/2 monk/1 wizard sounds like the way to go, using the extra paladin levels to take advantage of repair critical caster levels. You'd need to drop a feat, probably precise shot as archer's focus is no longer good.

Also, bladeforged is getting a huge powerboost with the expansion including reconstruct, and U20 will allow bladeforged reincarnation. At that point unfortunately, pyrene will be outdated.

Why not drop Precise Shot and Quicken in favor of THF and ITHF? More DPS and with the change to archers focus precise shot loses a lot of the luster. Quicken you don't need IMO, it's a waste of 10 sp each cast.

And this build easily translates over to WF or Bladeforged. Fleshies are better because of the healing amp but not required.

Tokun PDK 12 Monk/4 Paladin/4 Fighter (3x Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue/2x Bard, Barbarian PL)
    Tekllin Human 20 Sorc (3x Sorc, Wiz PL)
    Jadokis Purple Dragon Knight 18 Barbarian/1 Favored Soul/1 Fighter (3x Bard, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Rogue/2x Favored Soul/Heroic and Epic Completionist)
    Degenerate Matter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast