Default Epic Scaling & Fortification Questions

Hi, all.

I'm back again with more questions since my nearly 3 year sojourn.

1) Epic Scaling: I assume Epic Quests scale on normal? I was able to complete two Epic Level 21 Quests (Servants of the Overlord, The Spinner of Shadows) solo with my Level 20 pally tank. Challenging and fun, but certainly not overwhelming by any means. For example, I had to play smart, but I never came close to dying and I was completely unfamiliar with the quests.

2) I notice that people are talking about gaining Fortification over 100%. Is this because the percentages scale in some way, or is it simply because some enemies have "armor piercing" abilities that reduce your Fortification percentage?

Thanks,

Holgar

Quote Originally Posted by Holgar View Post
    Hi, all.

1) Epic Scaling: I assume Epic Quests scale on normal? I was able to complete two Epic Level 21 Quests (Servants of the Overlord, The Spinner of Shadows) solo with my Level 20 pally tank. Challenging and fun, but certainly not overwhelming by any means. For example, I had to play smart, but I never came close to dying and I was completely unfamiliar with the quests.

2) I notice that people are talking about gaining Fortification over 100%. Is this because the percentages scale in some way, or is it simply because some enemies have "armor piercing" abilities that reduce your Fortification percentage?

Thanks,

Holgar
    Some enemies can bypass a certain amount of fort. If I recall correctly it has something to do with them having rogue levels?

1. I'm fairly certain that all non-raid quests scale based on the makeup of your party.

2. Monsters that are considered to have Rogue levels bypass fortification based on their CR.

Hi, all.

Two thing. One, yes, epic quests scale on normal. The other thing is, Epic normal quests are now just defined as quests that are level 20 and up. The epic tag is just a label for what level the quest is. EHard is generally somewhat easier than the old epic level quests, and EElite quests are generally about the same or somewhat harder than the old epic settings

Thanks,

Holgar
    Responses in red.
    Osharan, Esharan, Osharina, Usharina, etc... I'm the 'sharans. Epoxy. Notverysexy.
    I've taken the craft disturbing mental image feat... You have been warned!
    Share and Enjoy!

Hi, all.

Thanks,

Holgar
    To continue on the fort bypass thing, enemies tend to bypass an amount of fort equal to their CR (so most people are shooting for roughly 150% fort), and it seems like an asinine amount of enemies have it, even when it makes no sense for them to have rogue levels (frankly, if any enemy can't evade my spells when it saves, I feel it shouldn't bypass ~54% of my fort).
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Osharan_Tregarth View Post
    Responses in red.
    This is the response you should listen too, based on their forum avatars.

Postumus has a spider for an avatar. I don't like spiders.

Cheesemilk has a big neon #1 (or is that a big flashy "I")? Either way, it's a bit conceited so I didn't read his post.

WruntJunior has a dragon. While dragons are clever they are also sneaky. Can't truss it.

Whereas Osharan has a nice stone face for an avatar. A stone face that I happen to know speaks binary so I feel confident his avatar has spoken to the Master Control Program and knows how these things work.
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.

Quote Originally Posted by phillymiket View Post
    This is the response you should listen too, based on their forum avatars.

Postumus has a spider for an avatar. I don't like spiders.

Cheesemilk has a big neon #1 (or is that a big flashy "I")? Either way, it's a bit conceited so I didn't read his post.

WruntJunior has a dragon. While dragons are clever they are also sneaky. Can't truss it.

Whereas Osharan has a nice stone face for an avatar. A stone face that I happen to know speaks binary so I feel confident his avatar has spoken to the Master Control Program and knows how these things work.
    My avatar is a Glabrezu, not a dragon.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    My avatar is a Glabrezu, not a dragon.
    That's what a dragon would say.

OooooKaaayyy!

You're not a dragon

You're a dragon shape-shifted into a Glebrezu.
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the responses, all! I am sure I will have more questions soon!

Holgar
    Last edited by Holgar; 03-17-2013 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phillymiket View Post
    this is the response you should listen too, based on their forum avatars.

Postumus has a spider for an avatar. I don't like spiders
    lol!