Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Community Member kmoustakas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,215

    Default Dragontouched armors need an update

    I think it's about time the dragontouched armors from the Reaver's Reach quests get an update. Since the spellpower changes many sovereign runes have gotten mucked up. Sovereign rune of smiting is still bugged - it has the description of smiting on the item but in truth it's 'smiting weapons'. Not to mention the minimum level is too high for the effects.

    I won't even make a joke about the sovereign runes that set with the items from subterrane.

    I think these armors should at the very least have their minimum level dropped to match greensteel weapons accessories or given green+colourless slot.

  2. #2
    Community Member arkonas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    sadly i actually dont agree with this. i know i would love to see items always get upgrades but they will always lose their value is the game continues to grow.

    i would like to see more systems like cannith be finished or worked on since that is always ongoing. just my thought.

  3. #3
    Community Member skullzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    489

    Default

    I agree they need updating so how about this.

    Convert the slots to yellow, blue and green in that order. Keep the runes there but change the use of them into like th gh relics for augments.

    For the yellow require 30 draconic runes that drop in all chests plus 5-10 eldritch.

    For the blue make it the same but with tempest since the drop for this tier are the same.

    For the green maybe 50 draconic runes with 3-5 soveriegns. And convert the current special effects into the new augment system but green slot only but only purchasable here.
    Last edited by skullzz; 03-16-2013 at 11:27 AM. Reason: edited for names
    Schadel TR FVS | Whathitme 2TR human stalwart tank |Whatwas TR Barbarian/Fighter--FuryoftheWild | Kpavio Monk/fighter| Whatsnyp Artificer | Skullzz all purpose Druid| Whatcast elf AM| Nobuffforu Acrobat Warchanter

  4. #4
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Deadlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from
    Posts
    3,505

    Default

    What disappoints me about the Dragontouched armour is that we can make dragonscaled armour with ML 14 with a good selection of affects that is Druid friendly.

    While Dragontouched armour is ML 16 and much more customisable, the AC and PRR wasn't adjusted to keep track of the new AC changes.

    Adding a new option to put a suitable number of Sovereign runes (or a selection of specific Eldritch, Tempest and Sovereign runes) into a new crafting device to make it Hardened Dragontouched (and Druid friendly?) with improved AC and PRR, and a Blue Augment Slot would definitely let you get more mileage out of the time you've invested in crafting it in the first place.

    I like that it's a different crafting system specific to armour and specific to the Refuge. It's just a bit meh, that you outgrow it so quickly.

  5. #5
    Community Member LeoLionxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skullzz View Post
    I agree they need updating so how about this.

    Convert the slots to yellow, blue and green in that order. Keep the runes there but change the use of them into like th gh relics for augments.

    For the yellow require 30 draconic runes that drop in all chests plus 5-10 eldritch.

    For the blue make it the same but with tempest since the drop for this tier are the same.

    For the green maybe 50 draconic runes with 3-5 soveriegns. And convert the current special effects into the new augment system but green slot only but only purchasable here.
    A variation on this: make the eldrich/tempast/sovreign runes special coloured auments that only fit into the DT armours - so that people actually use the armours rather than sticking the augments into their other armours.
    Because DDO content is created by hand, some issues cannot be fixed with a global change. We must fix these issues one-by-one by hand with the help of bug reports. This includes:
    Ladder issues: please include the /loc when reporting a ladder issue

  6. #6
    Hero Musouka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    2,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    A variation on this: make the eldrich/tempast/sovreign runes special coloured auments that only fit into the DT armours - so that people actually use the armours rather than sticking the augments into their other armours.
    I could get behind an idea like this.

    Give the DT blanks a set of 3 augment slots. Colorless, Blue, and Yellow. That way you could use them with any other augment. Then give the relics a specific color. Like eldritch colorless, tempest yellow, sovereign blue.
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

  7. #7
    Community Member MindCake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    717

    Default

    For starters, they could make the upgrade runes easier to get.
    Like by trading in the draconic runes or something.
    Druids have a fundamental right to bear arms.

    "No more patterns" - Shroud puzzles guide.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    sadly i actually dont agree with this. i know i would love to see items always get upgrades but they will always lose their value is the game continues to grow.

    i would like to see more systems like cannith be finished or worked on since that is always ongoing. just my thought.
    Updating DT would just be a simple matter of adjusting some of the gear's stat and would not require much time away from other things like expanding systems or fixing bugs.

    I think the armor is still Ok.

    I find myself sometimes using it between 16 and 20.

    The slots are good.

    Maybe if the base armor had some effects added to it on top of the slots it would be something I would bother building.

    For ex - Heavy armor had added PRR, Light armor has dodge etc etc

    As it stands now, I use the stuff I already have but would never bother to make a new set.

    Too much grind when I could just get something comparable out of a chest drop ready to wear.
    .
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.

  9. #9
    Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada / G-Land
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    What disappoints me about the Dragontouched armour is that we can make dragonscaled armour with ML 14 with a good selection of affects that is Druid friendly.

    While Dragontouched armour is ML 16 and much more customisable, the AC and PRR wasn't adjusted to keep track of the new AC changes.

    Adding a new option to put a suitable number of Sovereign runes (or a selection of specific Eldritch, Tempest and Sovereign runes) into a new crafting device to make it Hardened Dragontouched (and Druid friendly?) with improved AC and PRR, and a Blue Augment Slot would definitely let you get more mileage out of the time you've invested in crafting it in the first place.

    I like that it's a different crafting system specific to armour and specific to the Refuge. It's just a bit meh, that you outgrow it so quickly.
    I agree that it's outgrown too quickly now. It does need an update, even if it's as simple as giving it an augment slot or two (which doesn't really make it more interesting or fun).

    The value of the armour has been of limited value for quite some time. I rarely ever see an LFM that allows for anyone over lvl 20 to join. People seem to be primarily running SoS and its flagging quests to farm XP now. Otherwise you'd see LFMs allowing for people over lvl 20 to farm for their twink gear.




    Question though, Deadlock, as I didn't even bother making any on my Druid before I TRed, how is dragontouched hide armour not Druid friendly?
    I've only made light armour and docents in the past, so I'm guessing it has to do with the medium armour?

  10. #10
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9,985

    Default

    Ive always been a big fan of DT armor. I do wish the armor could be updated along with the runes. All my characters have 2-4 sets and i would grind for any new characters i create as i really like the armor customization. More rune choices and update some current ones are needed. I do think DT armor could be quite good for epics if updated and able to add a color augment slot.

    RR is an xp grind adventure area now. Lfms for runes and armor take a long time to fill, if at all. I dont want to see DT armor phase out.

  11. #11
    Community Member Postumus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SW Wheloon
    Posts
    6,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skullzz View Post
    I agree they need updating so how about this.

    Convert the slots to yellow, blue and green in that order. Keep the runes there but change the use of them into like th gh relics for augments.

    For the yellow require 30 draconic runes that drop in all chests plus 5-10 eldritch.

    For the blue make it the same but with tempest since the drop for this tier are the same.

    For the green maybe 50 draconic runes with 3-5 soveriegns. And convert the current special effects into the new augment system but green slot only but only purchasable here.
    I like this idea. Gives a reason to farm runes even if you do not use the armor.

  12. #12
    Community Member t0r012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    'burbs o' Philly
    Posts
    2,396

    Default

    My biggest gripes with DT armor is some of the overlap, besides not getting the prr and AC update is the overlap of effects.
    Who is going to wear the runs of improved false life I've the greater false life that is available on the same tier? Other than the couple of runs needed to get a greater striding if you happen to find a striding.

    The other is the set bonuses some were pretty weak to start with and now are completely over shadowed by even random loot.

    I'm also not a huge fan of the fact that you can get limited selection of SP bonuses, like I would love to get a Impules for my force spec archmage but it isn't available.
    No acid or electric either.

    Then there is 2 identical Sov runes of potency. Even beyond the whole potency is even too weak argument in general , that has just isn't any good.

    Why bother getting the Glacial assault 3 piece bonus when the straight glaciation is stronger.
    Move along , Nothing to see here

  13. #13
    Community Member kmoustakas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,215

    Default

    Hence the need for the update. A big number of runes don't even make sense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload