Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It took me about 25 shroud runs with some trading ingredients and buying a few devil scales to make my lightening 2 double imbued kopesh.

Also to note on my end of the equation is costs very little plat to buy some power cells( what is it like 4 at each tier ?) but to tell someone unequivocally based on just your one data point to NEVER buy something ? Well that is an incongruous statement if I've ever heard one.
    120+ shroud runs is not one data point. Even throwing away all my uncharged mediums, and having made roughly 15 items to Tier2 or higher, I still have something like 50 charged mediums in my ingredient bag.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    120+ shroud runs is not one data point. Even throwing away all my uncharged mediums, and having made roughly 15 items to Tier2 or higher, I still have something like 50 charged mediums in my ingredient bag.
    Hahahha ahaha hahhha ahha hhaaaha a hahhaha ha..... oh wait, I think you are serious.

Ok, I've been reading these forums for few years now, I don't remember you as being a **** stirrer. I am going to assume that you just cannot stand to be wrong. I'll try this one more time and I'll give you a real "big" hint.

Based on YOUR experience on what YOU have done with YOUR toons YOU stated that everyone else's experience should match YOUR experience, else why would you make such an absolute statement ?

Bleh, nevermind, prolly wasting my breath pointing out the obvious.

Good day.

it really doesn't make sense to buy power cells. you are going to have more than enough cells, especially if you take a second to charge a cell at an altar, before you even get all the ingredients and shards to make whatever GS you want. only time this isn't the case is if you are lucky for pulls on ingredients and passed shards or you have been running Shroud for awhile and can pass the ingredients to your character, but still need the shards. couple times i had so many i was leaving uncharged cells in chests and tried to give them away, but usually people don't want them.

I think acquiring large ingredients will take up most time, especially if you want to craft a double shard item and/or you only have one character flagged for the shroud. Fortunately there are additional sources for these ingredients: They have a chance to drop in chests in Devil Assault and in the Shavarath quests.
    Last edited by Gizeh; 03-17-2013 at 01:56 PM.

If you are not in a large guild, it can literally take months to make your first GS weapon. If you have multiple toons flagged for the raid, you can cut down on the time drastically to help.

If you have the ability to purchase raid timer bypass's, you can cut down on your time that way too, though I don't suggest this route, simply because they are not worth the money to me personally. But if you have the cash, go for it.

If you are on a first life toon, and you don't have access to a large guild, you won't be able to make your first item until high levels(17-20). You might hit level 20 before you have the ability to craft one. And if that's the case, random loot gen weapons 20+, it's easy to find weapons that are as good and even better than GS.

Good luck.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    it really doesn't make sense to buy power cells. you are going to have more than enough cells, especially if you take a second to charge a cell at an altar, before you even get all the ingredients and shards to make whatever GS you want. only time this isn't the case is if you are lucky for pulls on ingredients and passed shards or you have been running Shroud for awhile and can pass the ingredients to your character, but still need the shards. couple times i had so many i was leaving uncharged cells in chests and tried to give them away, but usually people don't want them.
    I believe you rolled a 1 on your reading and comprehension skill check.

I gathered enough small, medium, large and shards in 10 runs to make a GS item but NOT ENOUGH power cells....

jeesh

and once AGAIN, your mileage may vary.

Community Member

Are you guys actually arguing over power cells?

Buy them if you need them.

A lot, but not all, of the ingredients are unbound, so you can shorten the time considerably I'd you have another source of income or tradeable goods.

If you depend solely on looting everything yourself. The random gods can curse you, and it can take a while.
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Brendae View Post
    I'm battling to find a decent heavy repeating crossbow so I'm interested in crafting one. The thing is that I've just finished the five Vale quests and I honestly don't see myself running them again if I can help it (They're a bit painful really.)

Just how many more times am I going to have to put myself through that to craft something tasty?
    Honestly, it takes about 15 - 20 runs for a tier II item, and 30 to 40 runs of Shroud for a tier III.

Yeah, its a lot. However, also consider that you'll get componets for crafting AND also get components to make your boots of anchorting for ToD as well. So, mind-numbingly large numbers of Shroud runs have other uses as well.

Plus there are some 10 to 12 chests available in the run. You can either take these items and decon them for lesser essences (like I do) or put them up on the AH. Either way, Shroud can be beneficial in a lot of ways. Plus, GS items are good for TRs as their minimum level is such that it gives you a powerful item / weapon at a relatively low level.
    Antipan, Pandargon, Pandolin, Panifin, Panmorgan, Pangrael, and all other things "pan-ed"...

It took me 37 runs on my first toon to get my first LDS lol, this was back in the time before the extra chest for hard/elite and chance of larges in the end rewards but yeah was pretty unlucky and LDs back then where much more expensive than now but I got by, had to roll up and level more toons to farm that raid.

As for cells they are cheap to buy and easy to charge or has something changed recently?

When you are on shroud timer..devil assault on epic gives lots of gs mats even shards here and there. Also Sins of attrition and all shav quest chests. Sins is about the fastest (for shav quests) and 5 chests depending on the path you choose. My fav though is devil assault epic norm you get quite a bit.

Just to be clear shroud is not the only place to land gs mats
    Last edited by silence383; 03-18-2013 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizeh View Post
    I think acquiring large ingredients will take up most time, especially if you want to craft a double shard item and/or you only have one character flagged for the shroud. Fortunately there are additional sources for these ingredients: They have a chance to drop in chests in Devil Assault and in the Shavarath quests.
    Apologies I missed this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12