Community Member

Default Quests to avoid farming pre-25

I just recently came back to the game a few months ago and I'm still getting caught up on the 20+ game. My first toon that I played in the end-game I didn't have to really worry about the crazy quest repetition rules as I was just getting my 20 tokens and TR'ing. My next toon though, despite having a gimpy build for current EE's will do just fine in EH/EN content and I plan on keeping him there for gear/plat farming and Epic Destiny grinding to get to the ED's I want for future lives.

What I need to know is what quests are the really good ones for ED farming at 25 so I can avoid farming those on the way to 25. I don't want to put myself in a situation where only a TR will allow me to farm ED's effectively as I'm currently busy with TR'ing another toon several times right now. I want to be able to park this guy in the 20-25 range and largely ignore him, getting ED's/gear/plat as I need a break from the TR grind for several lives on the other toon.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

AFAIK, just Rusted Blades and Impossible Demands. Some might say VON 3, but I usually use that for levelling in the 20's.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by arminius View Post
    AFAIK, just Rusted Blades and Impossible Demands. Some might say VON 3, but I usually use that for levelling in the 20's.
    Thanks! I was really concerned it would be a much longer list. I know that the one quest in King's Forest with the 4 necromancers to kill blew me away with how quickly I was running it when I was farming for Grave Wrappings and how much xp it was giving but wasn't sure if that one was getting used by level 25's or not.
    Last edited by Darkrok; 03-15-2013 at 01:25 PM.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

DQ 1-2 especially if your hunting for a torc/seals/shards may as well get xp while you do it....
    Last edited by Miow; 03-15-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Devil Assault (farming epic tokens, farming shroud ingredients)
    Don't Drink The Water (farming green scales)
    Tor (farming white/blue/black scales, and white/blue/black helms)
    Rusted Blades (farming xp)

Add to that any quest that you think you'd be running a lot for drops, and you may as well get the most XP that you can out of it. For me that includes things like Overgrowth (farming walls of wood).

Note that you want to run these quests one time on EH or EE to keep your bravery bonus streak going BEFORE YOU HIT THE CAP. There is a big bug where once you are 25, any quest that you had not previously run will break your streak if you run it on any lower difficulty!

Example: You have an EH streak of <X>, and want to retain it.
    1) You hit level 25.
    2) You run Rusted Blades for the first time on EH - Streak extended, as expected.
    3) Window farming, you run the quest 3 more times on EH - No effect.
    4) A week later, you run it again on EH - No effect.
    4) You run Rusted Blades an additional time on EN - STREAK BROKEN

If you run it at 24 (or earlier) on EH for the first time, then the streak mechanism will function normally. So get all of your quests done before capping out.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

In my opinion, it's just Rusted Blades plus whatever you're going to farm for gear.

If you're going to run the quest 30+ times to get that gear you want, then you might as well get XP while you're doing it. I'm pretty sure I filled up an entire Epic Destiny just trying to get that stupid seal for the Phiarlan Mirror Cloak.

Community Member

After capping and playing around for a bit the one quest I regretted running multiple times pre-cap was Impossible Demands. Almost as good of xp/min as Rusted Blades but without the longer run through the slayer.

Rusted Blades definitely not bad though.