Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    Hey Post, you ever eat at KFC? Little story for ya.

Years ago after church my family would stop there and eat and it was the best fried chicken. It was expensive, but it was good.

Over the years the quality has gone downhill. The price stayed the same, but the quality and taste was different. It got to the point where it did not taste good at all and we quit eating there.

Now if you never had KFC before today and you tried it for the first time, you may say that it is the best chicken that you have ever eaten. Little do you know that it was a million times better. You could defend KFC and say that it is the best ever, but if you never had it when it was really good, then you have no basis to stand on.

See any correlation?

I want quality in a game. I payed into this game for years because of quality. You may not have been here, but this game was actually better than it is now

I won’t pester this again, but before people want to jump on the bandwagon, they should really look at what quality actually means.
    The sad thing is when some read what you wrote they will only think "oh you old Vets are just whining the game was dying blah blah"

But honestly some of the things we no longer have in this game were the exact reason I fell in love with playing DDO. When they started in with their changes to quests, penalties and the like it started shifting away from the game I met and was like "this is the mmo for me." And while many of us want to hang on in hopes they return some of the things that made us stand out. Its clear that there are more then enough people who were not around and do not realize how awesome things were and think that they had to change things. They don't want to know about Atari's hand in our slumping sales, no the game was too hard so they had to change it sigh I still hope one day they realize the gem they have before its completely blemished and loses all its value.
    Kalari-Lost Legions resident Drunking Gaming Diva!
    Im not bad Im morally Obtuse...
    *Enter my Den..*/*Live RPG fun on Skype*

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Much like actual news, sensationalizing always helps with the eye grabbing headlines. What Chai fails to mention is that the epic destiny problem affects a TINY portion of the player population, usually involves some odd combinations of LR and TRing, and nearly everyone who has reported this problem on the forum has later reported that their xps were restored.

But why settle for boring truth when sensationalism is the key to infotainment.
    You're not making me get on Chai's side for this are you? OMG.

The number of folks affected by this is everyone who owns Epic Destinies. This is because it can strike anyone. Additionally, those are more likely to be the ones who have bought the most in the game, making them the more valuable customers.

Much like actual news, sensationalizing always helps with the eye grabbing headlines. What Chai fails to mention is that the epic destiny problem affects a TINY portion of the player population, usually involves some odd combinations of LR and TRing, and nearly everyone who has reported this problem on the forum has later reported that their xps were restored.

But why settle for boring truth when sensationalism is the key to infotainment.
    You have no quantative data to support your assertion nor your conclusion. Why settle for facts, when you can post on the internet?

Of course you have based your opinion (nothing more then that, and ill-informed one) on what exactly? Posts on the forums? Laughable at best by Turbine's own admission at forum participation vs. population. Some of the people in your "sample" waited for how long? 4 months....6 months....almost 8 months?

Hilarious
    Last edited by Hokiewa; 03-15-2013 at 08:16 PM.
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiewa View Post
    You have no quantative data to support your assertion nor your conclusion. Why settle for facts, when you can post on the internet?

Of course you have based your opinion (nothing more then that, and ill-informed one) on what exactly? Posts on the forums? Laughable at best by Turbine's own admission at forum participation vs. population. Some of the people in your "sample" waited for how long? 4 months....6 months....almost 8 months?

Hilarious
    Or you could actually read the threads where people posted on this issue. The data is there if you bother to take the hate colored glasses off. Once you sift through all the "I heard a guy who knew a guy who's brother-in-law..." stories and the fan the drama flames responses you would also see the ACTUAL number of people reporting they were affected by this is MINISCULE, and in nearly every case the player had his xps reinstated.

But why let truth or facts get in the way of good anti-Turbine drama? That is what is hilarious.
    Last edited by Postumus; 03-15-2013 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    Hey Post, you ever eat at KFC? Little story for ya.

Years ago after church my family would stop there and eat and it was the best fried chicken. It was expensive, but it was good.

Over the years the quality has gone downhill. The price stayed the same, but the quality and taste was different. It got to the point where it did not taste good at all and we quit eating there.

Now if you never had KFC before today and you tried it for the first time, you may say that it is the best chicken that you have ever eaten. Little do you know that it was a million times better. You could defend KFC and say that it is the best ever, but if you never had it when it was really good, then you have no basis to stand on.

See any correlation?

I want quality in a game. I payed into this game for years because of quality. You may not have been here, but this game was actually better than it is now

I won’t pester this again, but before people want to jump on the bandwagon, they should really look at what quality actually means.
    You first mistake was eating at KFC instead of Popeyes.

DDO is better now, IMO, than it was even two years ago. More content. Better accessability to end game. More build options, more races, more classes, crafting, and epic destinies. I do not agree with every development decision, not by a longshot, but I also don't run around chicken littling every change that happens.

As for resource allocation, unlike some poster here, I find it hard to criticize Turbine from a position of complete ignorance regarding what it takes to fix or change something. You don't like the new turn ins, don't use them. You don't like KFC 2013 vs KFC 1980, go to Popeyes.

As for resource allocation, unlike some poster here, I find it hard to criticize Turbine from a position of complete ignorance regarding what it takes to fix or change something.
    you dont seem to find it hard to criticize anyone who disagrees with turbine from that position do you?

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher View Post
    you dont seem to find it hard to criticize anyone who disagrees with turbine from that position do you?
    Zing!

Tell us Post - exactly how many turn ins are you going to make?

Some of us who play the game are annoyed when something with a small amount of promise is made useless and noone at Turbine seems to care at all. It would not take much to salvage it.

Quote Originally Posted by MindCake View Post
    Anyone got a comprehensive list of collectibles that:
    - are not used for crafting
    - have some reasonable rewards now
    - won't have reasonable rewards after the change
    I posted the list of all collectables (and their rewards) not used in crafting or rituals: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=411943
    “Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.” ~G.K. Chesterton

why would you turn in your collectibles in for ****?
    the new system, while expensive, will at least offer SOME decent things to grab
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

I must be missing something here, because it looks like this is a good change to me.

Yes, it's for low lvl stuff that everyone zooms by, but for new players it would give them a way to get augment crystals before Gianthold....and if I read it right, you could even get a heavy fort min lvl 8 crystal that way..which is pretty nice.

It takes time to get em from gianthold so over all thats pretty nice. Main problem I see is that if the augments are random, it would probably take way to long to get the one you really want...so it won't be worth it for anyone. IF it's selectable (which it looks like that might be possible)..then that could be pretty nice.

Anyway, something is better then noting, and it's been ages (I think since DDO first opened) since I ever used something from turning in collectables. I think they could have still done a bit better (real bonuses for collectable..things players will use) or even just plain plat I guess (not a ton..but enough to actually be worth grabbing).

Like many, I skip collectables all together unless i'm crafting. It's not worth the time to me.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy42 View Post
    I must be missing something here, because it looks like this is a good change to me.

Yes, it's for low lvl stuff that everyone zooms by, but for new players it would give them a way to get augment crystals before Gianthold....and if I read it right, you could even get a heavy fort min lvl 8 crystal that way..which is pretty nice.

It takes time to get em from gianthold so over all thats pretty nice. Main problem I see is that if the augments are random, it would probably take way to long to get the one you really want...so it won't be worth it for anyone. IF it's selectable (which it looks like that might be possible)..then that could be pretty nice.

Anyway, something is better then noting, and it's been ages (I think since DDO first opened) since I ever used something from turning in collectables. I think they could have still done a bit better (real bonuses for collectable..things players will use) or even just plain plat I guess (not a ton..but enough to actually be worth grabbing).

Like many, I skip collectables all together unless i'm crafting. It's not worth the time to me.
    That depends really. How long do you estimate it would take a "New Player" to collect 5 Fragrant Drowshoods for example? Or any of the other rarer ingredients? It's also doing something of a disservice to new players by trying to get them to hand in these rarer collectibles when they can be extremely valuable due to things like the Force Damage Ritual for example. Would you trade in 5 Fragrant Drowshoods for an Augment you'd fly by when you could save them up and use the ritual on a weapon that you're going to keep?

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher View Post
    It is ok for the ignorant to criticize the ignorant. He said that being ignorant it is pointless to tell off those who know what the truth is.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy42 View Post

Yes, you are missing something. Look at the numbers required - some of them are awfully tough to get. I have been saving mine for years and would not be able to get more than a couple of some of the augments. Some of the potions are available for a few plat compared to months of farming. Others offer nothing new at an increased cost per turn in. So why waste the time changing them if noone is going to use them.

As for resource allocation, unlike some poster here, I find it hard to criticize Turbine from a position of complete ignorance regarding what it takes to fix or change something. You don't like the new turn ins, don't use them. You don't like KFC 2013 vs KFC 1980, go to Popeyes.
    This is my whole point with the new augments. It is nice because it makes it a lot easier for people to see and figure out how to do. Not as bad as needing catalyst. They might have done this to help the players understand, but I also believe that they are doing this so they can SELL the most popular, low drop (deathblock and others) in the store. Here we go to a wolf in sheep skin with another money grab.

I don’t ask for spite or being the doom poster, but how many people have to switch to VIP, or switch back to it, or how many otto's boxes need to be sold to see the bag bug and mouse wheel fixed? This is a bit rhetorical, but it is meant to be serious.

I have paid well into the system many times and have only stopped when it looked like Turbine was stopping on us. I have no problem paying into the money grab as long as the money is put back into the game.

P.S. I love Popeye's. The red beans and rice is unstoppable.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    I think this is the list:

Youre welcome
    lolz +1
    -Die (teh_troll's unofficial legal counsel)
    Captain’s Crew of Ghalanda
    Characters: Diemmak – Dimack – Dianotherday – Dieinafire – Elieath – Inonelite – Nowyoudie - LivenletDie - DIhard

doh double post.
    -Die (teh_troll's unofficial legal counsel)
    Captain’s Crew of Ghalanda
    Characters: Diemmak – Dimack – Dianotherday – Dieinafire – Elieath – Inonelite – Nowyoudie - LivenletDie - DIhard

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Brendae View Post
    Up until now the collectable trade-ins have all been for trash. I for one am glad that the devs are trying to make collectable turn-ins worth something.
    Many of them have been trash, and some of them have been for priceless stuff you can't get any other way...which they're now proposing to nerf into oblivion.

House. Deneith. Alchemical. Potions.

If you think it's trash, please send me all your Tome: Alchemist's Chapbook.

2014 DDO Players Council

I honestly don't have an opinion on the price of the augments.

The horrible part to me is jacking up the cost of the non-augment turn-in options by a factor of 5-10.

This is crazy and beyond belief to be quite frank! Some of the collectibles are quite hard to come by in large amounts unless you want to drop a ton of plat on the AH to buy them. Jacking up the cost for trade in's this much is just plain dumb imho, put them up a little fine and make the turn in's more useful fine with that too but this is half a$$ed and then some!

I pick up collectibles all the time in case I get some of the hard to get ones plus I craft a lot so I grab everything just in case.

Stoner81.

lol how many drowshroods for a bulls might potion? are they serious? Is this like the chattering ring for a greater halfling bane shard? or a dream spiitter for evil outsier bane shard? It kind of smacks of that farce.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast