Default Cannot add Eldritch Ritual to converted pre-U17 Epic item

Hello,
    Today I decided to augment a pre-U17 Epic Noxious Fang with a 1d8 acid ruby I looted.
    Before I added the augment I wanted to add the Force Damage Ritual simply because I could.
    Below is a list of the steps I took and their results.

1) Put it into the Altar of Epic Rituals along with 50 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments. SUCCESS.
    2) Bound and Attuned it in the Stone of Change using 400 Khyber Dragonshard Fragments. SUCCESS.
    3) Tried to add the Force Damage Ritual using 3 Lum Dusts and 9 Drowshoods. FAILURE.
    4) Checked recipe and ingredients.
    5) Tried to add the Force Damage Ritual using 3 Lum Dusts and 9 Drowshoods. FAILURE.
    6) Logged out, logged in.
    7) Tried to add the Force Damage Ritual using 3 Lum Dusts and 9 Drowshoods. FAILURE.
    8) Checked forums found a 'fix' that may or may not work.
    9) Put Epic Noxious Fanf through the Stone of Change by itself as suggested. (No idea if this did anything).
    10) Tried to add the Force Damage Ritual using 3 Lum Dusts and 9 Drowshoods. FAILURE.
    11) Reported a bug.

Has anyone else experienced any difficulties relating to this? Am I missing something obvious?
    Last edited by mr.stevens; 03-14-2013 at 08:02 PM.

Yeah same thing happened to me with both the Noxious fang and my spelltouched thrower weps from challenges.

Cannot add force damage or force crit to em. Regardless of what i do i get a failure with stone of change. I Bugged reported as well few weeks ago.
    Born to play, Forced to work !

Don't worry guys, the item designer is great at his job and this is working as intended.