Thread: server so dead

Community Member

Default server so dead

not sure how to close this post so just replacing what i put. point taken server not dead : )...
    Last edited by godwahatchet; 04-09-2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: couldnt figure out how to delete this.

You must have posted in the wrong server forum. I don't seem to see a shortage of LFMs when I log in, and as I've been on a TR run the last few weeks every LFM I post if full or close to full in the time it takes me to buff and get to the quest entrance from my boat.

Community Member

The Argo server dead? News to me. I see an awful lot of dead people walking around then, posting groups, trading, etc... Nice to know that the game still goes on after death. see you on the other side.
    We are all lost travelers, on a journey to find that which we do not know, but it is not a prize we seek, but the road that must be taken, it is that inside us that drives us forward into the unknown.

Think I see the problem, based on the Character you seem to be running you are in the Level "Dead Zone" the 15 - 17 Range. In many cases you have to dig deep to break threw.

Factors:

Stones - The TR/Stone crowd will sometimes blow right past this area

Fewer Quest Selection - Depending on quest availability you may find a lack of quests to do that you haven't already ground out.

Don't fret just keep in mind a party is 4 and outside of raids no quest has a mechanic that 4 people can't get past. You don't need six to have fun.

argo is as busy now as any time i have seen it in my 3 years of playing. awesome first post tho. my first post here featured the Swedish Chef

shvun-de-shveen-de-shvun!
    scrollfu! meowfu! +4fu! firstyfu!
    Maarl de Gutter (ret.) ~ Gnaaarl de Mutter (ret.) ~ Nineinch Rails (ret.)
    Intragreenis Druid - Human FvS [x2] Evoker ~ Guttural de Chanter - Elf Wiz [x4] PM
    Potpourri de Foo Foo - WF Wiz [Sx3][FvSx3][Wx3] Shiradi

Community Member

In american ways, the day time is full of lfg postings, the late night through to morning has very little. I have seen other servers that are full of lfg postings from late night through to morning though i have never stayed on them long enough to remember which ones they are.

As to servers merging, i personally don't feel the servers could handle the volume of traffic to merge them. During the busy periods there is already a lot of slow down that goes on, which is noticably less during the slow times.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by teh_meh View Post
    argo is as busy now as any time i have seen it in my 3 years of playing. awesome first post tho. my first post here featured the Swedish Chef

shvun-de-shveen-de-shvun!

Waldorf and Statler are clearly superior

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGfx3QAV64M

I have tracked this before and again recently....basically check the who panel at login each time I feel like it and invariably there are between 500-800 characters listed in the who panel....add about 10-20% for the anons. (Maybe late at night it drops to around 400)....Very similar to every other time I have checked this.

I am surprised the server can't handle at least double that many connections but then I am no interwebs guru.

But even doubling the population base wouldn't always solve your problem - 2x0=0.

Its your level, the quests you want to do, the time you play and if you are posting LFMs that don't fill possibly your reputation (or lack thereof).

Personally I pugged for 2 hours successfully last night - no problems....then did an hour of SRE in GH just to see if anything was new in heroic levels (not much other than dragons in the sky and more giants roaming around oh and the voiceovers).
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Wiz28 TR5 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/7 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Hey - you were (on Wicwic) in my guilds VoN/ADQ run last night - thanks for coming along.

Filled very fast for a dead server

I kid....but I know where you are coming from - I was trying to pug yesterday on my cleric - at L14 so doing L12 on elite - I didn't have audio (playing at work) so I didn't want to lead...there wasn't much out there on the LFM panel - so I solo'd wiz king - would rather have farmed it for way better xp but thems the brakes. If I would have had audio I would have pugged it and my bet is it would have gotten enough to do some fast hard farming in only a few minutes.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Wiz28 TR5 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/7 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More