Most old epic items have become irrelevant, while most of the new items are much much better and unbound.
This doesn't make sense, so unless Turbine has planned to "upgrade" our old epic items, I think it's the right time to make them tradeable.
There are, of course, a couple of options on how to approach this.
- Make seals & shards tradeable, so they can be sold in the regular AH with scrolls.
- Offer a 3-1 turn in like the sands scrolls
- Allow seals & shards to be sold in the Shard Exchange
- Allow epic items (already crafted) to be sold in the Shard Exchange
- Every 3 completions of a quest/raid, seals and shards specific to this quest/raid have a chance to appear in the end reward. Example: let's say you have the spectral gloves shard and you need the seal. You could run eOOB 3 times and have a decent shot at getting the seal you wanted.
- Complete Overhaul of the "Epic crafting" system.
Upgrade the old epic items and make them drop unbound in the end chests specific to a quest with different version depending on the difficulty.
Example: The old epic items become Epic version that can be upgraded with 3 commendations to Epic Hard version that can be upgraded with 6 commendations to Epic Elite version. If you previously had an epic item, you could either upgrade it OR simply run the quest on EH or EE difficulty to have a chance to get it in the end chest.
What do you think? What would you like to see? Please, discuss.