Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taste of MELEE

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    1. I'm still happy with my 17/3 Battle Cleric {and yes she's FULLY capable of Raid Healing!}.

2. Radiant Servant allows you to regen Turns at a rate of 2 every 2 minutes - I find that this regularly leaves me with 0 {Zero} Turns!
    And I DON'T Dump Charisma!

3. Minos = MUST OWN NECRO IV or BUY 20 Taps off the AH and get a Guest Pass!
    NOT Super Easy to get!
    20 Taps can take a while to farm too {and frankly now every other piece of headgear in that list has been buffed up Minos is NOT the best choice anymore!

Relic of a Sovereign Past is F2P!
    You can enter at Lvl 9 on CASUAL! {No need to complete the quest so no worrying about Streaks!}
    Collect 15 Adamantine Ores - Spend 10 of em on a Nightforge Gorget {Min Lvl 9!}
    Go back in a second time - Grab another 15 Ores and Get the Nightforge Bracers {Imp False Life + Heroism} and the Nightforge Darkhelm {Wis 4, Will Save 5}!
    BTW - All those items have Augment Slots on them too!

Minos is Outdated!
    I never said you or he couldn't or shouldn't heal, but that's a play style thing. He didn't request a healer build, he requested a self sufficient melee build. I was merely warning him that playing a battle cleric people will expect him to heal, and if that isn't what he wants to do with the character it could be a hassle.

Personally I farmed Orchard for slayer XP and explorer completions. Doing just the explorer you can usually get about half the rares and 1-200 slayer. Between my toons I have traditionally had so many mats that I have helped equip several noobs with Minos without them having to set foot in Orchard, and I know I'm far from the only one. You make great points about Relic, the only problem being that relic is one the the BEST quests for XP at it's level, so optimally you want to run it for streak at 14 and not have ruined that with 3 casual runs at 9th. Ochard is farmable at 10.

As for turns... again it's a matter of play style. The OP didn't request a healer build, so I'm working on the assumption that he wants self heals and anything above that is gravy. If he wants to be a capable healer for a party then he should certainly consider that for his charisma, otherwise 10+tomes+items should be adequate for a toon that can dish out solid damage (and has heal spells and unyielding sovereignty).

Quote Originally Posted by Inouk View Post
    You make great points about Relic, the only problem being that relic is one the the BEST quests for XP at it's level, so optimally you want to run it for streak at 14 and not have ruined that with 3 casual runs at 9th. Ochard is farmable at 10.
    You DO NOT need to COMPLETE Relic to get the Nightforge Items!

You can run Relic as many times as you like on CASUAL to collect Adamantine Ores to sell on the AH!

You can do all this as soon as you take Lvl 9 {NINE}!

And you can equip the items there and then!

As for Orchard - A full slayer Clearance yields maybe 400 kills {350-450 dependant on Rat au Vin!}.
    30K plus XP!
    On Average 7 Rares!
    Taps seem to have around a 50% drop rate so 7 Taps per TWO Runs!
    That's 6 Full Clearances OR 6 Hours + for 21 Taps!

At Lvl 10 Orchard is pretty hard too for an ungeared 1st lifer!

If of course you jump into a Rat au Vin Run it's a different story - One of constantly logging into the instance only to hear "recall guys"
    Some groups won't even let you loot the chests if you had a long loading screen {or God forbid people go off in different directions and 4 or 5 rares pop - Yup you got your Rat Chest and your Caravan Chest BUT what about that Wraith Chest or Beholder Chest or Parcae's Chest etc.}

Add to all this that Minos has not received an augment slot or boost of any kind whereas every other piece of headgear in the Tap List HAS!
    Minos isn't even the best Melee item in that list any more - Take a look at the new Tradusor!

As for Turns
    The Build we were both talking about however specifically states 6 {Six} Charisma NOT 10!
    That's Dumping Charisma even for a Melee Cleric who NEVER intends to Raid Heal! {And also is part of what gives Battle Clerics a bad name!}
    Last edited by FranOhmsford; 03-18-2013 at 05:30 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12