Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40
  1. #21
    Community Member carll78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ghallanda
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Well Cordovan... My bug happened on July 21 2012...

    (link to original post: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=385261)

    I am reading this today on March 13 2013...

    That would have been a good news for me a month ago.

    As you can see in the picture below taken 1 minute ago - giving me back all lost XP is almost useless for me right now because I am almost capped:



    Thanks for nothing I guess and this is very good news to everyone else who would benefit from this.
    Follow me if I advance. Kill me if I retreat. Avenge me if I die.

  2. #22
    Community Member knightgf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are now able to restore Epic Destiny XP to anyone who experiences this issue in the future. In the rare instance that you are impacted by this bug, please submit a help request in-game, and we will endeavor to correct the situation as quickly as possible. For players who have lost Epic Destiny XP in the past, and for players who previously submitted tickets about this issue, we need you to re-submit a new help request in-game. To assist us, please submit the ticket while logged into the character that was affected.
    I sure wish you were able to restore people who lost ingredients in their bags. Oh well, we can only hope...
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

  3. #23
    The Hatchery CThruTheEgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...
    Posts
    2,556

    Default

    Excellent news! Thank you Cordovan and the Turbine team. Now I can finally ditch that useless epic feat, combat archery.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

  4. #24
    Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    7,870

    Default

    I left the game due to this issue.

    Restoring destiny XP isn't the primary issue in my case (though having it restored is important of course!) but rather the completely broken nature of the character and the inability to complete quests along with having all quest/raid flags wiped.

    Can all of these issues now be resolved? I'm reluctant to open this can of worms unless there is at least some surety possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

  5. #25
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    I left the game due to this issue.

    Restoring destiny XP isn't the primary issue in my case (though having it restored is important of course!) but rather the completely broken nature of the character and the inability to complete quests along with having all quest/raid flags wiped.

    Can all of these issues now be resolved? I'm reluctant to open this can of worms unless there is at least some surety possible.
    Hey, wowo!

    File a ticket and ask for (at least) a holiday box to fix your LR/favour-need-to-TR problem. It's a shame your issue wasn't dealt with in a similar fashion to the other recent big thread in General about this.
    Varz
    Wanderlust

  6. #26
    Uber Completionist Ilindith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    2,349

    Default

    And now the real question is, how many GMs will actually resolve those issues instead of just saying they can't do anything and have a good day?

    My guess is, not many.
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

  7. #27
    Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    7,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emptysands View Post
    Hey, wowo!

    File a ticket and ask for (at least) a holiday box to fix your LR/favour-need-to-TR problem. It's a shame your issue wasn't dealt with in a similar fashion to the other recent big thread in General about this.
    What's a holiday box?

    Actually logging is a significant hurdle itself and one I'm not sure I want to do, hence why I'm posting here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

  8. #28
    Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,983

    Default truth

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilindith View Post
    And now the real question is, how many GMs will actually resolve those issues instead of just saying they can't do anything and have a good day?

    My guess is, not many.
    Over the years, I have lost all faith in having any contact with a GM. The time to wait for a non-solution is not worth my time.

    Matter of fact, I am just about to assume that my characters that are still missing outfits will not be getting any replacements. Even though my characters that wear armor receive in the mail an outfit that I assume I mailed away to a crafter to be deconstructed have had them returned. Not exactly sure what your database views are that were created to see what characters had or did, but the effort seems unfinished.
    Last edited by moomooprincess; 03-15-2013 at 05:42 AM.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

    Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

  9. #29
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    What's a holiday box?

    Actually logging is a significant hurdle itself and one I'm not sure I want to do, hence why I'm posting here.
    Basically a 50USD box that gives you stone of xp and some (2.5k TP worth) other stuff.

    Since they are issue epic xp directly, they should be able to issue heroic xp directly as well. If you are forced to TR because of a bug, they should give you a free life.

    Maybe pm one of the forum devs directly, rather than try get an ingame GM to help. Carpone [1] seemed to get some direct help.

    [1] http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...26#post4902626, http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=407069
    Varz
    Wanderlust

  10. #30
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Greetings! We are continuing to investigate the rare but significant issue in which characters undergo a reincarnation and discover a loss of Epic Destiny experience. We want to encourage anyone affected by this issue to continue to send in detailed bug reports, as your information is helpful to the development team.

    We are now able to restore Epic Destiny XP to anyone who experiences this issue in the future. In the rare instance that you are impacted by this bug, please submit a help request in-game, and we will endeavor to correct the situation as quickly as possible. For players who have lost Epic Destiny XP in the past, and for players who previously submitted tickets about this issue, we need you to re-submit a new help request in-game. To assist us, please submit the ticket while logged into the character that was affected.

    We will do our best to resolve your issue as quickly as possible. Please be aware that it may take some time for us to respond to your ticket. Your patience is appreciated! The tickets will not be closed, but will be placed into a "researching" queue, and will be resolved in the order in which they are received. You do not need to remain logged in to wait for assistance, as it may take some time for us to research and respond.

    Thank you for your patience while we continue to investigate this bug. While the bug is rare, if you've been impacted we understand your frustration! We are still working to resolve this issue to everyone's satisfaction. Thank you for playing, and we'll see you in-game!
    Bump, because this just happened to one of my chars with a ETR followed by a TR. Got back to 20 to find 0 ED xp. Bug report and ticked submitted. Happy Turkey day!





    On a plus side, karma is kept regardless of bug.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 11-27-2014 at 05:28 PM.

  11. #31
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Bump, because this just happened to one of my chars with a ETR followed by a TR. Got back to 20 to find 0 ED xp. Bug report and ticked submitted. Happy Turkey day!





    On a plus side, karma is kept regardless of bug.
    Eww, that's bad... no access to ED's.... I posted thinking it was something else.... hope that gets fixed for you
    Last edited by Kabaon; 11-29-2014 at 06:18 AM.


    Karnasis (Human Wizard, Pale Master, Level 27), Taldall (Half-Orc, Monk- Perpetually abandoned)

  12. #32
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    21

    Thumbs down Destiny bug

    Having a bad experience, for the first time in 6 years with in-game support. I etr'ed and lost access to all my destinies. I filled in a ticket and tried to reboot client (just in case, we never know). While i was offline rebooting (5 min max), got an answer from a gm:


    Quote Originally Posted by A glorious GM
    Thank you for your request for assistance. Unfortunately we have to close this request as you were away, non-responsive or offline at the time we were able to assist you. The issue you are reporting cannot be resolved while you are offline. If you have a similar issue in the future, please submit a new help request.
    Since my issue wasnt solved, i stayed online for 2 hours and, while waiting for another answer, i went through the forum to find this thread and read this from Cordovan:

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    We will do our best to resolve your issue as quickly as possible. Please be aware that it may take some time for us to respond to your ticket. Your patience is appreciated! The tickets will not be closed, but will be placed into a "researching" queue, and will be resolved in the order in which they are received. You do not need to remain logged in to wait for assistance, as it may take some time for us to research and respond.
    Please, i would like to have my issue solve ASAP. And pls, let us know if we really need to stay online for this issue!!!
    Last edited by reveur31; 12-27-2014 at 09:48 AM. Reason: update

  13. #33
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    89

    Default

    I eTR'd a few days ago (for the 4th time) and lost my maxed out destinies I logged a bug report as I could not get access to ingame support. Got the usual meaningless email that turbine received my report yadda yadda yadda. Since nothing. Today I reported ingame and logged to another toon because of this thread. Then got an ingame message that my report has been closed. Reading it, it said as reuver31 says above, I have to be logged in.

    So now logged in and re—reported. But the help ticket window now again does not open for me.

  14. #34
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    89

    Exclamation

    Cygnus just assisted me ingame to retrieve all my destinies Wow I am relieved great service, thank you much

  15. #35
    Community Member Tesrali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyghost View Post
    Cygnus just assisted me ingame to retrieve all my destinies Wow I am relieved great service, thank you much
    I agree that Cygnus has been very good about fixing this. It happened to me months ago and he was right on top of it. When it DOES happen to you the fix takes you to lvl 28, so you do get a free ETR out of the process! Has happened to me twice now, and have done about 15 ETRs and 50 heroic lives, so the incidence of the bug for me is probably around 5%. I don't know why!w

  16. #36
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    I agree that Cygnus has been very good about fixing this. It happened to me months ago and he was right on top of it. When it DOES happen to you the fix takes you to lvl 28, so you do get a free ETR out of the process! Has happened to me twice now, and have done about 15 ETRs and 50 heroic lives, so the incidence of the bug for me is probably around 5%. I don't know why!w
    I did get a free eTR out of it Kinda made up for the anxiety tbh.

  17. #37
    Community Member Nestor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7

    Default Destinies got wiped out after Epic TR'd

    1-1-15 epic TR'd. Today 1-7-15
    Put in a ticket, no contact has been established.
    Took picture when I was lvl 21, now 26.
    Gunthar Frostbeard
    Khyber Server


    Not sure how to post the picture.

  18. #38
    Community Member Denethen_Longstaff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    85

    Default Epic TR and Lesser TR Issues

    1/8/2015 Epic TR for first time. While leveling up to 20, no tome bonuses were applied. After leveling, hot bars could not be moved. Tome bonuses were not present. Tried to submit a ticket, but got a server not found error. Disconnected but could not reconnect to game.
    1/9/2015 Logged in and Tome bonuses were present. Hot bars could still not be moved on the screen. Tried to Lesser TR to see if tome bonuses would be applied during level up. Level up to 3, and no tome bonuses at level 4. Stopped leveling and tried to submit ticket. Same server not found error. Disconnected from the game and cannot log back in.
    1/10/15 Able to login and. Level 3 tome bonuses wee available. Leveled up to 20 with all bonuses correct. Hot bars are still stuck on the screen. TR appears to be fine now.


    Denethun Longstep
    Khyber Server
    Last edited by Denethen_Longstaff; 01-10-2015 at 02:59 PM.

  19. #39
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default Reincarnation bug of a different sort

    I reincarnated and when I am in the character generation screen where the hair color, etc should be picked, the character never appears and I can not move forward.
    Server = Ghallanda
    Toon = Appendix

  20. #40
    Community Member Gwendalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2003gs2008 View Post
    I reincarnated and when I am in the character generation screen where the hair color, etc should be picked, the character never appears and I can not move forward.
    Server = Ghallanda
    Toon = Appendix
    Sometimes, TRing can be a very long and tiresome process. Particularly witht the currently lag-crippled servers we have. Just to add to the main subject, I did happen to have lost all destiny XP as well as tomes (both stats & skills) twice over my current cycle of TRs (almost triple Heroic completionist and Epic completionist).

    I did submit a ticket, asking nicely (yes, saying "hello" and "please" go a long way to actually get help) and explaining the problem. And on those two occasions, I've always been kindly helped and XP/stat & skill tomes were restored by a GM. So yes they can fix this. It's just not done under 5 min.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload