Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Update: Reincarnation and Epic Destinies

Greetings! We are continuing to investigate the rare but significant issue in which characters undergo a reincarnation and discover a loss of Epic Destiny experience. We want to encourage anyone affected by this issue to continue to send in detailed bug reports, as your information is helpful to the development team.

We are now able to restore Epic Destiny XP to anyone who experiences this issue in the future. In the rare instance that you are impacted by this bug, please submit a help request in-game, and we will endeavor to correct the situation as quickly as possible. For players who have lost Epic Destiny XP in the past, and for players who previously submitted tickets about this issue, we need you to re-submit a new help request in-game. To assist us, please submit the ticket while logged into the character that was affected.

We will do our best to resolve your issue as quickly as possible. Please be aware that it may take some time for us to respond to your ticket. Your patience is appreciated! The tickets will not be closed, but will be placed into a "researching" queue, and will be resolved in the order in which they are received. You do not need to remain logged in to wait for assistance, as it may take some time for us to research and respond.

Thank you for your patience while we continue to investigate this bug. While the bug is rare, if you've been impacted we understand your frustration! We are still working to resolve this issue to everyone's satisfaction. Thank you for playing, and we'll see you in-game!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are now able to restore Epic Destiny XP to anyone who experiences this issue in the future....We are still working to resolve this issue to everyone's satisfaction.
    Great news! Thank you.
    "So maybe it's about time we all get a reality check and realize that if you raid, run epics, and have capped toons and worry about ED's TR's and all that jazz, you are a small part of the population of this game, a very small part in fact." -- Ungood

I strongly recommend taking a screenshot of your ED window before any LR/TR.
    Keybreaker, Leader of Over Raided (Orien)

Hero

A screenshot is definitely good advice.

But just the fact that the in-game GM's may have a small part in handling this makes me VERY nervous. Their track record is well, honestly, atrocious. (barring the handful of seemingly very good ones sprinkled throughout.)

Awesome news! Thank you for the update
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member

Thank you for your patience while we continue to investigate this bug. While the bug is rare, if you've been impacted we understand your frustration! We are still working to resolve this issue to everyone's satisfaction. Thank you for playing, and we'll see you in-game!
    Well done.

Community Member

Well crafted announcement.

Any advice of what info to collect that might help the investigative team? I assume a screenshot of destinies before reincarnation is a given.
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

Community Member

Hi,

I've never been so glad to see Hell freeze over.

Thank you for your (very belated) action on this matter.
    Astrican on Khyber

Great news

Not personally affected, friends have been, but still VERY glad to read this announcement. Please pass along the thanks to everyone involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

This announcement definitely makes me a lot less nervous about any sort of LR or TR. Very well said. I hope that the fix system works as well in practice as stated above.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Good to finally see this - thank you

(Edit: I checked my newly TR'd Wizard's destiny progress, and all was as expected. He was a pure cleric his first life and had never LR'd)
    Last edited by PNellesen; 03-13-2013 at 01:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Greetings! We are continuing to investigate the rare but significant issue in which characters undergo a reincarnation and discover a loss of Epic Destiny experience. We want to encourage anyone affected by this issue to continue to send in detailed bug reports, as your information is helpful to the development team.

We are now able to restore Epic Destiny XP to anyone who experiences this issue in the future. In the rare instance that you are impacted by this bug, please submit a help request in-game, and we will endeavor to correct the situation as quickly as possible. For players who have lost Epic Destiny XP in the past, and for players who previously submitted tickets about this issue, we need you to re-submit a new help request in-game. To assist us, please submit the ticket while logged into the character that was affected.

We will do our best to resolve your issue as quickly as possible. Please be aware that it may take some time for us to respond to your ticket. Your patience is appreciated! The tickets will not be closed, but will be placed into a "researching" queue, and will be resolved in the order in which they are received. You do not need to remain logged in to wait for assistance, as it may take some time for us to research and respond.

Strong!

Mad props!

I may just have to go and buy some Turbine Points on account of your efforts of serving your customers here.

Keep it up, please. I like the direction I've seen today.
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

I'm thinking this is fantastic progress. Keep this up!

Community Member

We are now able to restore Epic Destiny XP to anyone who experiences this issue in the future.
    This is very good! Glad this was prioritized.

Glad this is happening but it really should have been priority number 1 after it was discovered. This should have been announced with u14 patch 1.

glad to hear it, Id suggest adding a link to this statement in the known issues list.
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302

Default Kudos

Amongst all the Bugs, and WAI "Feature"s (aka Nerfs) this loss of ED XP bug (although not affecting me nor anyone I play regularly with) had to be the most devasting that I've witnessed.

REALLY happy to see SOMETHING getting fixed and not swept under the rug with a /shrug or ignored into obscurity LIKE HANDWRAPS.

Great work on this!
    I am often cynical and say mean things. It's a WAI "Feature".

I now feel safe LRing.

Now destroy the hell out of this bug as soon as you find it...Crucible it from orbit. >_>

Edit: As an addendum to Crucibleing it from orbit...carefully Crucible it from orbit, without harming anything else, but obliterate this completely. >_>
    Last edited by WruntJunior; 03-13-2013 at 12:34 PM.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast