Thread: Iron Defender

Community Member lucreciacrescent's Avatar

Thumbs down Iron Defender

I've been playing with my Artificer quite some time now and I have noticed a few kinks with the Iron Defender :\

First of all, I noticed that there are times wherein the Iron Defender floats out of nowhere when attacking a target, it looks like it's stunned while floating -_- doesn't move or anything until you go very far away or you command it to do so.

Second, there are times where I see my Iron Defender's HP to be 1189, if this is the case, it won't attack any monster in a quest even if it's attack mode it's on. My Iron Defender is also a Hunter of Boxes, but in this case, when its HP is 1189, it just stands besides boxes and stares at it -_- However, I also see that SOMETIMES, the HP of my Iron Defender is 1289, there are no buffs given to it nor any drain resulting to 1189HP, in this case, the Iron Defender seems to work properly, it attacks monsters it sees right away, destroys crates and boxes, and there's no problem with it. Really Odd!

Third, it doesn't seem to respond accurately whenever I ask it to Interact with a, let's say a lever or a door, it will just go near it and won't do anything as well....

Hope the Devs do something about this as soon as possible -_-

Here's a screenshot of this: http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9281/...shot00002o.jpg
    Last edited by lucreciacrescent; 03-11-2013 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lucreciacrescent View Post
    I've been playing with my Artificer quite some time now and I have noticed a few kinks with the Iron Defender :\

First of all, I noticed that there are times wherein the Iron Defender floats out of nowhere when attacking a target, it looks like it's stunned while floating -_- doesn't move or anything until you go very far away or you command it to do so.

Second, there are times where I see my Iron Defender's HP to be 1189, if this is the case, it won't attack any monster in a quest even if it's attack mode it's on. My Iron Defender is also a Hunter of Boxes, but in this case, when its HP is 1189, it just stands besides boxes and stares at it -_- However, I also see that SOMETIMES, the HP of my Iron Defender is 1289, there are no buffs given to it nor any drain resulting to 1189HP, in this case, the Iron Defender seems to work properly, it attacks monsters it sees right away, destroys crates and boxes, and there's no problem with it. Really Odd!

Third, it doesn't seem to respond accurately whenever I ask it to Interact with a, let's say a lever or a door, it will just go near it and won't do anything as well....

Hope the Devs do something about this as soon as possible -_-

Here's a screenshot of this: http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9281/...shot00002o.jpg
    I can't comment on the HP thing, but the floating is due to the dog interacting with a ladder. You'll notice that floating animation is the same animation they use to jump up / down ladders. Often when they teleport from a ladder, it'll cause it to go braindead. It's a good rule of thumb to make the dog stay when you come to a ladder and then call it to you when you are well past the ladder, so that it immediately teleports to you.
    Epic Destiny Planner - http://ddodestiny.info
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga
    His pant muscles aren't as big as ours...

Community Member lucreciacrescent's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by oberon131313 View Post
    I can't comment on the HP thing, but the floating is due to the dog interacting with a ladder. You'll notice that floating animation is the same animation they use to jump up / down ladders. Often when they teleport from a ladder, it'll cause it to go braindead. It's a good rule of thumb to make the dog stay when you come to a ladder and then call it to you when you are well past the ladder, so that it immediately teleports to you.
    Oh I see! Thanks for that! Now I only have problems #2 and #3 :\